PDA

View Full Version : Meeting in Hervey Bay re Chess Group

Allan Menham
17-04-2011, 04:51 PM
There will be a meeting at the Library in Hervey Bay on 11 May to gauge interest in chess in the Bay

If anyone wants to attend the Meeting I suggest that you contact Lou at the Library for time of the Meeting:clap:

ChoiSeulKi
19-04-2011, 11:48 AM
^^ If i lived anywhere near there!!! ahaha!!!

Allan Menham
12-05-2011, 07:35 PM
A Meeting was held to form a chess group at Hervey Bay. The first meeting of the chess group will be at the Hervey Bay Library at 2pm on Wednesday 18 May 2011

For further information please contact Lou at the Hervey Bay Library or Ian on 4128 9896

:clap:

Allan Menham
20-05-2011, 08:04 AM
At the first meeting of the chess group:clap: , seven persons attended
:clap:

Allan Menham
14-06-2011, 08:02 AM
The Bundaberg Chess Club Inc is endeavouring to have a one day tournament in Hervey Bay early in September to promote the new group

If a suitable venue can be found at the right price, it will be arranged

When a decision is made, it will be advertised on chesschat and on the CAQ website

Afitz
15-06-2011, 06:04 PM
The Bundaberg Chess Club Inc is endeavouring to have a one day tournament in Hervey Bay early in September to promote the new group

If a suitable venue can be found at the right price, it will be arranged

When a decision is made, it will be advertised on chesschat and on the CAQ website

Allan, try talking to the schools who regularly play in the interschool tournaments perhaps? Some of them are quite keen when it comes to chess - in particular Maryborough Central has hosted the last two tournaments, Aldridge SHS have hosted in the past and have a strong team while St Mary's used to host as well.

Allan Menham
17-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Thanks I have referred the advice to the Hervey Bay Co ordinator

Allan Menham
18-06-2011, 06:53 AM
We have quite a few options in Maryborough but we want to conduct the event in Hervey Bay for promotion purposes:D

Allan Menham
23-07-2011, 08:37 AM
A suitable venue has been found at Hervey Bay

At this stage we are investigating a one day tournament at the Bay on 10 September

A final decision will be made in a week and details will be placed on the CAQ website if it is a goer!!

The purpose of the one dayer is to give the new Hervey Bay Chess Group some exposure in the Hervey Bay area:clap: