PDA

View Full Version : Easter Chess Comp

deekay01
13-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Are there any chess comps during Easter in Sydney area? There used to be one at Cabramtta before. Does anyone know if it is on this year?

Rincewind
13-04-2011, 10:42 AM
The following page

http://www.cabravale.com/CAB/client/GeneralContent/c_singleDynamicPage.jsp?pageName=Chess%20Club

Lists Ernest Dorn as the contact of the Cabravale Diggers Chess Club. You could try contacting him to see if there is something this year. However, I haven't seen anything so perhaps not.

(Thread moved to Upcoming Tournaments subforum)

Bill Gletsos
13-04-2011, 11:56 AM
The following page

http://www.cabravale.com/CAB/client/GeneralContent/c_singleDynamicPage.jsp?pageName=Chess%20Club

Lists Ernest Dorn as the contact of the Cabravale Diggers Chess Club. You could try contacting him to see if there is something this year. However, I haven't seen anything so perhaps not.

(Thread moved to Upcoming Tournaments subforum)Ernest Dorn passed away late last year.
As such I doubt anyone else has organised the Sydney Easter Cup for this year.

Rincewind
13-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Ernest Dorn passed away late last year.
As such I doubt anyone else has organised the Sydney Easter Cup for this year.

Sorry to hear that Bill. I suspect you are right as to the apparent lack of a Sydney Easter Cup.

Does anyone know if the Cabravale Diggers still has a chess club and if so who the contact is? The club's website should be updated as a minimum.

antichrist
13-04-2011, 12:51 PM
I was going to Sydney for other reasons and was considering doing it again but thoughh why should I hang on, organise one up here instead. The gear could be with management I dont know. I will try and contact his wife shortly if anyone wants to organise.

funny how ten years ago Sydney was only place with one now only state with out one.

That is my legacy to chess for them to have comps

Hope shirty reads this

deekay01
25-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Are there any chess comps during Easter in Sydney area? There used to be one at Cabramtta before. Does anyone know if it is on this year?

Thanks everyone for the replies. Sorry to hear about the loss of Ernest Dorn.

antichrist
25-04-2011, 08:33 PM
before next easter I try and enlist some Sydney organisers to get one going again.

With all the GMs in Doeberl yet states are still having their own major comps, that is a win situation. Thanks AC

Adamski
25-04-2011, 11:53 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies. Sorry to hear about the loss of Ernest Dorn.
Of course, straight afer Easter, starting Wednesday, are the Sydney International Open and Sydney International Challengers at Parramatta Town hall. Also, the City of Sydney lightning tournament on tomorrow night. See the separate thread for the SIO etc.

Hobbes
23-02-2012, 07:16 PM
before next easter I try and enlist some Sydney organisers to get one going again.

With all the GMs in Doeberl yet states are still having their own major comps, that is a win situation. Thanks AC

Did you manage to arrange things for this year?

ER
23-02-2012, 10:23 PM
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/il_570xN_201474535.jpg

jj from the outerspace: I wanna organize a chess event too! I 'll offer real easter eggs, no tents, no camels, no camel riders and definitely no singing!