PDA

View Full Version : Croydon Chess - Guy West Classic: 16th-17th July

Watto
05-03-2011, 06:33 PM
CROYDON CHESS – GUY WEST CLASSIC

A 2011 Yulgilbar-Think Big Australian Chess Grand Prix event - Class 2

This is the third year Croydon CC have hosted a weekender. In line with our plan to gradually build our weekender up, this year we have increased the prize fund so it will be a Class 2 event. We have also moved it from the first weekend in October (as that weekend now clashes with the 2011 AFL Grand Final!) to the last weekend of school holidays in July (we have good heating... :))

On to the details:
SCHEDULE:
Saturday 16th:
Players need to register and pay by 10:45 am
Round 1: 11:00 am
Round 2: 3:00 pm
Round 3: 7:00 pm

Sunday 17th:
Round 4: 11:00 am
Round 5: 3:00 pm

VENUE: Croydon RSL, 1 Civic Sq, Croydon VIC 3136. About 400m from Croydon station. Melways: 50 - J4

FORMAT: Five round Swiss system. Games will be governed by the FIDE laws of chess and will be ACF rated.

FORFEIT TIME: Late arrival by 30 minutes from the start of the round will result in forfeiture.

TIME CONTROLS: Each player has 75 minutes initially with an additional 30 seconds per move.

ENTRY FEES:
$50 Standard entry
$40 Juniors & Croydon CC members
Free GM, WGM, IM, FM, WIM
Early Bird: Deduct $5 if paid by Thursday, 9 June

PRIZES:
$500 first place, $300 second place, $200 third place
$75 first adult under 2000
$50 first adult under 1600
$50 first adult under 1200
$75 first junior under 2000
$50 first junior under 1600
$50 first junior under 1200

Maximum one prize per entrant. Prizes to be shared equally in the event of a tie.

REGISTRATION & PAYMENT: Enter online at www.croydonchess.com
Pay by direct bank transfer. See website for other payment options. Online entries close 13 July 2011.

HALF POINT BYES:
A maximum of one half point bye only will be permitted for rounds 1 to 3 only.

ARBITER: FA/FT N.Y. Wong

ENQUIRIES: contact the tournament organiser Jean Watson at jean.watson@croydonchess.com or club President Richard Goldsmith on 0407 348 172.

Proudly sponsored by Bendigo Bank, LJ Hooker and Northern Star Chess.

ER
05-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Consider me entered please! Once again fantastic brochure Jean!:clap: Actually it's from your well known work already published! :)

Watto
05-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Consider me entered please! Once again fantastic brochure Jean!:clap: Actually it's from your well known work already published! :)
Excellent. :)

Thanks JaK. I did try a few different photos but none compared to the one taken by Haydn Barber which I used last year so in desperation I finally tried the painting!

Erik
05-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Sadly I won't be able to make it as I'll be in Spain (and planning to play Benasque 7-16 July) - a pity as you do a really nice tournament :)
*Very* happy to see separate rating prizes for adults :) :) :)

Watto
06-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Sadly I won't be able to make it as I'll be in Spain (and planning to play Benasque 7-16 July) - a pity as you do a really nice tournament :)

That's a shame, Erik, but best of luck in Spain! A trip to Spain does sound nice... :)

Great to get your entry, JaK! I'm glad we'll be seeing you back at the club. :) Incidentally, you were our first official entry - closely followed an hour or two later by Karl Zelesco!
I have a strong feeling of déjà vu as my reply from last year exactly fits the circumstances now. JaK entered and then was closely followed by Karl Zelesco! Great to have you both in the field again.

Lekko
29-03-2011, 04:58 AM
It's a bit early to say for certain but I'm fairly sure I'll be playing.

Thank you for registering for the 2011 Guy West Classic! Your details have been emailed to the tournament organiser.]

^_^

Watto
29-03-2011, 10:36 PM
It's a bit early to say for certain but I'm fairly sure I'll be playing.

]

^_^
Yes, it is fairly early ... will be great if you do end up playing.

lost
03-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Hi Watto,

Put me down as an entrant into the tournament and I will pay on the day. How much will that be if I pay on the day?

lost

Watto
03-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Hi Watto,

Put me down as an entrant into the tournament and I will pay on the day. How much will that be if I pay on the day?

lost
Hi lost,

That's great, thanks. It will be $50 on the day. If you pay by the 9th June, it will be $45 with the early bird discount - see our website for payment options.

We're a long way off from July but entrants to date are :):
Elliott Renzies 1370
Karl Zelesco 1873
Frank Lekkas 1879
Harry Hoholis 1678 (if anyone is in touch with Harry please let him know that I tried to email him to confirm his online registration but his email address bounced)
Jamie Kenmure 1363

It's easy to enter online at www.croydonchess.com

Watto
17-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Here are some photos from past weekenders hosted by Croydon CC to give you a feel for our events. :)

One of my favourites from 2009: Elliott Renzies chatting with Roland Brockman at 'The Anand' weekender (2009 was the year we called all our tournaments after world famous players ... the next year we named them after significant club members...)

2010 GWC - Top boards showing from left to right FM Erik Teichmann, IM Mirko Rujevic, the eventual winner, FM Bobby Cheng and IM Guy West (the arms belong to Ian Birchall and Ari Dale ;))

2010 GWC - Prize giving. A bit dark and blurry but I like it nonetheless - Club President Richard Goldsmith (who is about 6 ft 6) shaking hands with junior, Ethan Lim, who shared the best U1600 Junior Prize with Jack Puccini.

2010 GWC - Spectators watching the final round game between Guy and Erik, photo provided by Richard Goldsmith. The game itself can be found in last year's Guy West Classic thread in the last post: http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=12009&page=5

p.s. how do people manage to get their jpegs to just be part of the post so you don't have to log in to see them?

Ian CCC
18-05-2011, 04:21 PM
p.s. how do people manage to get their jpegs to just be part of the post so you don't have to log in to see them?

I think that the photos need to be accessible somewhere on the web, e.g. using "photobucket". Then just use the "insert image" button.

Here's the first image

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h455/IanBir/Elliott-Renzies-Roland-Brockman_2009-weekender.jpg?t=1305699384

And here's the others

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h455/IanBir/Top-boards-2010-GWC.jpg?t=1305700088

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h455/IanBir/Ethan-Lim-Richard-Goldsmith-prizegiving_2010-GWC.jpg?t=1305700088

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h455/IanBir/Final-round_2010-GWC.jpg?t=1305700088

ER
18-05-2011, 04:35 PM
This is my favourite one from last year! I 've brightened it a little, altough I believe that the original adds more to the tense atmosphere in the last dramatic moments of that game! :) Also the original shows the position of the pieces on the board in a much clearer way!

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/Final-round_2010-GWC.jpg

Watto
19-05-2011, 10:52 AM
I think that the photos need to be accessible somewhere on the web, e.g. using "photobucket". Then just use the "insert image" button.

Here's the first image
And here's the others

Ah, thanks Ian, that makes sense and must be a sure way to make it work. Although it doesn't explain why my fliers appear within the post and some of my photos have too. Maybe it's a size related thing - the smaller ones work? Or, the first jpeg in each thread always works? :hmm:

This is my favourite one from last year! I 've brightened it a little, altough I believe that the original adds more to the tense atmosphere in the last dramatic moments of that game! :) Also the original shows the position of the pieces on the board in a much clearer way!

Yes, it's a great shot - taken by Richard Goldsmith. There's also a good one of the two players at the end of that game but I'm afraid that vanity prevents me from posting it (my prerogative as thread starter ;)) as I'm plonk in the middle of the background looking for all the world like a gormless, grinning hyena ...

Now, just a reminder that the early bird payment option ends on the 9th of June. That's the date players have to pay their entry fee by in order to get the $5 discount. Since today is the 19th of May it's exactly 3 weeks from now... ! If you know you are going to play, get those entries in now and pay less. :)

ER
19-05-2011, 11:59 AM
... Yes, it's a great shot - taken by Richard Goldsmith. ...[/B]

Indeed, Richard apart from the tense ambiance has captured the moment where everyone in the room looks at the board except Karl, who's concentrating on Erik's poker faced reaction! :lol:

Watto
25-05-2011, 03:20 PM
If anyone has entered in the last few days my apologies for not replying promptly but my computer has been out of action since Sunday evening and is currently being rebuilt from scratch. Should be back up and running soon I hope ... (I'm typing this on Guy's computer at the moment.)

Btw, all entries will get to me so don't let this stop anyone from registering at our website! ;) :)

Watto
04-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Now, just a reminder that the early bird payment option ends on the 9th of June. That's the date players have to pay their entry fee by in order to get the $5 discount ... If you know you are going to play, get those entries in now and pay less. :)
NOTE, this date is likely to be EXTENDED... I'll be back soon with more information.

Entries to date (P just means paid according to my records):

Karl Zelesco 2038
Frank Lekkas 1853
Harry Hoholis 1678
Roland Brockman 1545 - P
Jamie Kenmure 1433 - P
Elliott Renzies 1419
Jimmy Ying 1234 - P
Linden Lyons 1197 - P

ER
04-06-2011, 01:00 PM
I had my entry fee money last night to give to Jamie, but he was in deep concentration with his game, so I will do it some other time soon!

Watto
04-06-2011, 01:30 PM
I had my entry fee money last night to give to Jamie, but he was in deep concentration with his game, so I will do it some other time soon!
No problem, thanks JaK!

ER
07-06-2011, 03:09 PM
AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

For people like myself who will use public transport (train) to get to the Croydon Chess CLub on Sunday, 17 July. (Saturday 16 July is not affected).

DUE to the Age Melbourne Marathon

http://www.runmelbourne.com.au/home.php

There will be significant road closures in and around Melbourne's CBD on the morning of Sunday, 17 July 2011.

So it is important that you allow plenty of time to get to the venue.

City railway stations like Flinders Street and Southern Cross, will be almost unapproachable at the times that we 'd normally be there to catch the train to the Club for the morning rounds.

So here are some tips to get to Croydon without problem.

Go to the above stations by train from other station, not by bus or your own car.

If you decide to walk (sometimes even that is difficult because when the runners pass by public won't be allowed to cross the street) give yourself plenty of time!

Get a train from Richmond (like I will do) or any other Lilydale line station.

The Guy West Classic is a very important event which is expected to attract a record of participants this year.

By personal experience I can assure you that you will have a great chess weekend at Croydon Chess CLub.

The organisers will do everything they can to make sure that you will enjoy their hospitality and include it as a MUST in your chess calendar.

However, you must also know that in order to keep the tournament running smoothly direction and arbitering are of a very high quality and starting times of rounds are strictly kept!

Last year, I got forfeited for being one minute late (good move and no complaints :clap:). So be there on time! Check your timetables and enjoy the tournament!

Watto
12-06-2011, 10:32 AM
NOTE, this date is likely to be EXTENDED... I'll be back soon with more information.

Okay, I can confirm that the early bird date has been extended to Thursday the 30th June. So the entry fees prior to this date will be $45 for non-member adults and $35 for juniors and Croydon CC members.

Thanks very much to those players who have already registered and paid. Thanks JaK for the info above.

List of registrations to date (P = paid - if I have missed anyone, let me know):
Karl Zelesco 2038
Ian Birchall 1895
Frank Lekkas 1853
Harry Hoholis 1678
Roland Brockman 1545 P
Kyle Gibson 1478 P
Jamie Kenmure 1433 P
Elliott Renzies 1419
Jimmy Ying 1234 P
Linden Lyons 1197 P
Jason Chew 998 P
Jennifer You 433 P
Jessica You 219 P

allyear
16-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Dear Chessfriend,

Your tournament: CROYDON CHESS – GUY WEST CLASSIC
it's on our data base www.allyearchess.com (http://www.allyearchess.com),

If they are any mistake or you want to change details, do not hesite to contact with us.

Also we will included the tournament in our blog: and in facebook:

Thanks to use our web and do not forget to sign if you like to receive our news

Best wishes

Joan Albert Dalmas
www.allyearchess.com (http://www.allyearchess.com)
info@allyearchess.com

Tony Dowden
16-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Last year, I got forfeited for being one minute late (good move and no complaints :clap:). So be there on time! Check your timetables and enjoy the tournament!

Hi JaK,

The entry form states "FORFEIT TIME: Late arrival by 30 minutes from the start of the round will result in forfeiture". (So, is this what you were referring to?)

Kevin Bonham
16-06-2011, 11:32 PM
I assumed he meant one minute later than the forfeit time.

ER
17-06-2011, 02:20 PM
I assumed he meant one minute later than the forfeit time.

that's correct! I had arrived one minute after my meter had expired! :lol:

Watto
17-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Here's the latest list:
Karl Zelesco 2038
Ian Birchall 1895
Ari Dale 1895
Frank Lekkas 1853
Harry Hoholis 1678
Joel Beggs 1646
Roland Brockman 1545
Kyle Gibson 1478
Jamie Kenmure 1433
Elliott Renzies 1419
Joseph Wong 1393
Finley Dale 1255
Jimmy Ying 1234
Linden Lyons 1197
Jason Chew 998
Carl Dingfelder 661
Jennifer You 433
Jessica You 219

Watto
25-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Entries to date: :)
Karl Zelesco 2038
Ian Birchall 1895 P
Ari Dale 1895 P
Frank Lekkas 1853
Harry Hoholis 1678
Joel Beggs 1646 P
Roland Brockman 1545 P
Kyle Gibson 1478 P
Jamie Kenmure 1433 P
Elliott Renzies 1419
Joseph Wong 1393
Cameron Yung 1353
Finley Dale 1255 P
Jimmy Ying 1234 P
Linden Lyons 1197 P
Rodney Matthews 1100
Jason Chew 998 P
Carl Dingfelder 661 P
Jennifer You 433 P
Jessica You 219 P
Kevin Ren

Hi everyone. Just a reminder that the extended early bird discount will end this coming Thursday so if you wish to get the $5 discount, please pay and register before then - just visit the Croydon club website for all the details. Revised flyer attached.

If you have any questions, you can ask here too. We look forward to seeing you at our club in July. Players of all strengths - from masters to unrated players - are welcome. :)

'P' in the above list of entries, means paid. If someone believes they have paid and it's not recorded on the above list, let me know.

Tony Dowden
26-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Sorry, I'm bailing this year as I can't afford to get stuck on the Mainland by airlines who won't fly below ash clouds twice in one month!

A pity as a Dowden (2038) - Zelesco (2038) pairing might have been interesting (assuming I would manage to play the opening better than my first game against Karl back at Easter in Rd 1 at the Doeberl when I forgot my book on about move 3).

ER
26-06-2011, 07:31 PM
It's a pity you 're not playing Tony!

I visited their (Croydon Chess Club's) lovely venue at Croydon RSL earlier this afternoon for two reasons:

1) To watch some of the games of the Croydon CC vs BHCC 2 Winter Competion match!

2) To pay my entree fee for the Guy West Classic Weekender!

Meanwhile, I had time to catch up with all the latest with my friend Pearl Yung (Northern Star Chess) and we managed to cover quite a few topics in a most enjoyable coffee break down in Croydon Shopping Centre.

All in all a wonderful afternoon!

No results from me thanks, that's Carl Gorka's job and I am sure he will inform you soon!

Here is the main playing hall!

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/100_4432.jpg

Deep in concentration: Cameron Yung and Jean Watson representing Croydon Chess Club.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/100_4414.jpg

Jamie Cross (foreground with the white pieces) vs David Flude. Could the talented youngster be able to find his way through David's Modern Defence complications? Ian Birchall (black) and Octavio Martinez are fighting it out in the background!

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/100_4418.jpg

Pearl Yung. Always smiling and kind natured, Pearl is one of the most popular Victorian Chess personalities, her popularity reflecting on the success of Northern Star Chess!

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/100_4431.jpg

The lovely lake just behind the venue:

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/100_4424.jpg

And some of the locals

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/100_4422.jpg

I just received an email message by Geoff Cook stating amongst other things that

Just a note - I played Cameron Yung, not Rodney Matthews.

That was my impression too! In the caption a few shots above I am clearly stating that it was Cameron (a very talented musician, excellent student and rapidly improving chess player) who played and not Rodney! I don't know who is responsible for this inaccuracy but I think that this should be publicly clarified and corrected since it can create ratings confusion etc!

Here is Geoff (foreground) and Roger Croft (BHCC's Captain in yesterday's clash) pondering their moves!

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/100_4415.jpg

schess
30-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Hi,
Will there be a cafeteria at this event?

ER
30-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Hi,

Apart from the Club's canteen, always abundant with the yummiest goodies, you will be more than enticed to taste magnificent dishes from allover the world in the numerous restaurants, cafes, bakeries etc in at least two major shopping centres a stone's throw from the venue! We are talking about great eateries! :) There are at least two excellent cafeterias I could suggest to you if I see you at the venue but you can't really miss them even if you tried! :)

Rincewind
30-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Apart from the Club's canteen, always abundant with the yummiest goodies, you will be more than enticed to taste magnificent dishes from allover the world in the numerous restaurants, cafes, bakeries etc in at least two major shopping centres a stone's throw from the venue!

Are these throwing stones provided or will we have to bring our own?

Watto
30-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Hi,
Hi schess. Tea and coffee will be provided for no charge but no cafeteria as the shops are open and within easy walking distance.

Thanks JaK for all the recent posts. I've been so busy with study I haven't had a chance to post here much!

We now have 25 entries. :)

that Caesar guy
30-06-2011, 10:41 PM
hahahahaha :lol:

ER
30-06-2011, 11:27 PM

BYO and cast them too, as long as you are the non sinner amongst us!

hahahahaha :lol:

Stop the lollin and do the rollin! :P

Are you two guys playing?

Rincewind
30-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Are you two guys playing?

Sorry, I can't make it. I just liked the visual image of going to the venue and hurling stones at the nearby shops to test your claim.

ER
30-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Sorry, I can't make it. I just liked the visual image of going to the venue and hurling stones at the nearby shops to test your claim.

BTW apart from the great No. of eateries, there is also a no. of parks surrounding the venue, where one can have a nice picnic, kick a ball or even do some stone hurling practice (no glass houses around as far as I know)! :P

schess
03-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Can we please have the list of entries so far?

Watto
03-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Can we please have the list of entries so far?
Hi schess. Here it is. :) Whilst I would not bet against Karl to win the event given how strong he's becoming :clap:, I suspect he won't remain the top seed if last year's field is anything to go (Cheng, Rujevic, Teichmann and West were the top seeds.)
The year before it was West and Morris. As JaK challenged the latter in post 34, I'll also add, TRD, it would be great to see you at the club if you can make it. :)

Karl Zelesco 2038
Ian Birchall 1895
Ari Dale 1895
Frank Lekkas 1853
Harry Hoholis 1678
Joel Beggs 1646
Roland Brockman 1545
Kyle Gibson 1478
Max Chew Lee 1465
Jamie Kenmure 1433
Elliott Renzies 1419
Joseph Wong 1393
Cameron Yung 1353
Finley Dale 1255
Jimmy Ying 1234
Linden Lyons 1197
Rodney Matthews 1100
Jason Chew 998
David Chin 774
Alanna Chew Lee 731
Carl Dingfelder 661
Jennifer You 433
Jessica You 219
Kevin Ren unr
Mingus Gu-Yang unr
Bonita Gu-Yang unr

Watto
04-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Sorry, I'm bailing this year as I can't afford to get stuck on the Mainland by airlines who won't fly below ash clouds twice in one month!

A pity as a Dowden (2038) - Zelesco (2038) pairing might have been interesting (assuming I would manage to play the opening better than my first game against Karl back at Easter in Rd 1 at the Doeberl when I forgot my book on about move 3).
Hi Tony. That's a shame but hope to see you next year. :)

Watto
04-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi schess. Here it is. :) Whilst I would not bet against Karl to win the event given how strong he's becoming :clap:, I suspect he won't remain the top seed
Okay, Domagoj Dragicevic, the current Victorian Open champion (joint winner with Erik Teikmann), has just entered so we have a new top seed. :)

Watto
08-07-2011, 08:04 PM
With a week to go, we have 30 entrants so I fancy we'll have quite a few more players than last year's field (which we were quite pleased with.) It's easy to register online at our website.

Here's the latest list:
Domagoj Dragicevic 2234
Karl Zelesco 2038
David Garner 2026
David Hacche 2012
Ian Birchall 1895
Ari Dale 1895
Frank Lekkas 1853
Harry Hoholis 1678
Joel Beggs 1646
Roland Brockman 1545
Kyle Gibson 1478
Max Chew Lee 1465
Jamie Kenmure 1433
Elliott Renzies 1419
Joseph Wong 1393
Cameron Yung 1353
Finley Dale 1255
Jimmy Ying 1234
Linden Lyons 1197
Rodney Matthews 1100
Jason Chew 998
David Chin 774
Alanna Chew Lee 731
Carl Dingfelder 661
Jennifer You 433
Jessica You 219
Mingus Gu-Yang unr
Bonita Gu-Yang unr
Garry Millington unr
Kevin Ren unr

Watto
08-07-2011, 08:25 PM
(joint winner with Erik Teikmann),
I've just noticed that I've spelt Erik's surname the wrong way. It should be Teichmann. Sorry Erik, I was typing so quickly, had some sort of brain malfunction ... ! Must have made a mental note to get the Erik part right and kept going with the k theme...

With a week to go, we have 29 entrants
With the entry of David Hacche, make that 30. :)

Watto
13-07-2011, 01:30 PM
I haven't had a chance to check my email today but as of yesterday evening we had 33 entrants with Kerry Stead being the latest.

Last year's winner, Bobby Cheng, will not be able to defend his title as he will be in NZ playing in the George Trundle Masters. Best of luck in NZ, Bobby!

Watto
14-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Current field:
Dusan Stojic 2248
Domagoj Dragicevic 2234
Karl Zelesco 2038
David Garner 2026
David Hacche 2012
Kerry Stead 1989
Svetozar Stojic 1978
Ian Birchall 1895
Ari Dale 1895
Frank Lekkas 1853
Harry Hoholis 1678
Joel Beggs 1646
Roland Brockman 1545
Kyle Gibson 1478
Max Chew Lee 1465
Jamie Kenmure 1433
Elliott Renzies 1419
Joseph Wong 1393
Cameron Yung 1353
Finley Dale 1255
Jimmy Ying 1234
Linden Lyons 1197
Rodney Matthews 1100
Jason Chew 998
David Chin 774
Alanna Chew Lee 731
Carl Dingfelder 661
Jody Middleton 478
Antares Car 438
Jennifer You 433
Jessica You 219
Mingus Gu-Yang unr
Bonita Gu-Yang unr
Garry Millington unr
Kenneth Minty unr
Kevin Ren unr

We have a new top seed in Dusan Stojic as he and his brother, Svetozar, entered last night. :)

I've been asked about food in the area. There are plenty of places to buy food within easy walking distance of the venue- there are cafes and bakeries etc along Main Street, Croydon and also a small shopping centre on the same side as the club.
Looking forward to seeing you all there on Saturday - we hope to run an enjoyable, friendly event. I think online registrations have closed so players can enter between now and Saturday by emailing me or just turning up early on the day (a quick email to me would be appreciated of course so we have an idea of numbers - that's jean.watson@croydonchess.com. :))

Watto
15-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Just a reminder that our weekender starts tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you all.
p.s. despite what my signature says, you can no longer enter online but you can still enter by turning up tomorrow and paying on the day. :)

ER
16-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Just a reminder that our weekender starts tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you all.
p.s. despite what my signature says, you can no longer enter online but you can still enter by turning up tomorrow and paying on the day. :)

Hi Watto, due to unexpected developments beyond my control, I cannot play! :(
Please consider my entree fee as a donation to the Club!
I hope everything goes well!
Apologies for any inconvenience caused!
Cheers and good luck to all!

E.R.

I 've also sent email!

Lekko
16-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Hey sorry I forgot to tell you guys before today, got a relo's engagement party today so I can't make it. Sorry for the short notice. Good luck everyone :)

Watto
16-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi Watto, due to unexpected developments beyond my control, I cannot play! :(
Please consider my entree fee as a donation to the Club!
I hope everything goes well!
Apologies for any inconvenience caused!
Cheers and good luck to all!

E.R.

I 've also sent email!
Hi Elliott,

That is fine. Thank you - I've also received your email. We will be thinking of you. Many thanks for your donation too.

The weather here in Melbourne today is beautifully sunny and clear although a bit on the cool side this morning (there was actually ice on my car windows this morning which took a while to remove) so we have set up some tables outside for analysis as well.

FA N.Y. Wong will send me the round 1 Swiss Perfect pairings and results soon but in the meantime here is the field we started with on the day. :) 20 adults and 22 juniors playing which is kind of nice. The fact that the Vic Juniors only finished yesterday has definitely had an impact on the numbers of juniors playing - a lot of Vic juniors are understandably suffering from chess exhaustion - anyway, we're pretty happy with the numbers.
IM Guy West 2307
FM Dusan Stojic 2248
Domagoj Dragicevic 2234
David Garner 2026
Kerry Stead 1989
Svetozar Stojic 1978
Ian Birchall 1895
Ari Dale 1895
Rad Chmiel 1722
Joel Beggs 1646
Roland Brockman 1545
Kyle Gibson 1478
Max Chew Lee 1465
Jamie Kenmure 1433
Savithri Narenthran 1425
Joseph Wong 1393
Cameron Yung 1353
Erick McPherson 1284
Finley Dale 1255
Milan Stojic 1255
Jimmy Ying 1234
Linden Lyons 1197
Dmitry Lee 1116
Jason Chew 998
Steve Scott 996
Alan Gray 923
Elizabeth Warren 795
David Chin 774
Alanna Chew Lee 731
Carl Loucas 702
Carl Dingfelder 661
Jody Middleton 478
Antares Car 438
Jennifer You 433
Jessica You 219
Kevin Ren unr
Mingus Gu-Yang unr
Bonita Gu-Yang unr
Garry Millington unr
Kenneth Minty unr
Orefile Phuma unr
Timothy Martin unr

Watto
16-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Hey sorry I forgot to tell you guys before today, got a relo's engagement party today so I can't make it. Sorry for the short notice. Good luck everyone :)
Thanks HBK (as you hadn't paid yet, we didn't put you in the draw.) Hope the party goes well. :)

Watto
16-07-2011, 02:36 PM
No Name Loc Total Result Name Loc Total

1 Guy West 2307 [0] 1:0 Jimmy Ying 1234 [0]
2 Linden Lyons 1197 [0] 0:1 Dusan Stojic 2248 [0]
3 Domagoj Dragicevic 2234 [0] 1:0 Dmitry Lee 1116 [0]
4 Rodney Matthews 1100 [0] -:+ David J Garner 2026 [0]
5 Kerry Stead 1989 [0] 1:0 Jason Chew 998 [0]
6 Steve Scott 996 [0] 0:1 Svetozar Stojic 1978 [0]
7 Ian Birchall 1895 [0] 1:0 Alan Gray 923 [0]
8 David Chin 774 [0] 0:1 Ari Dale 1895 [0]
9 Rad Chmiel 1722 [0] 1:0 Alanna Chew Lee 732 [0]
10 Carl Loucas 702 [0] .5:.5 Joel Beggs 1646 [0]
11 Roland Brockman 1545 [0] 1:0 Carl Dingfelder 661 [0]
12 Jody Middleton 478 [0] 0:1 Kyle Gibson 1478 [0]
13 Max Chew Lee 1465 [0] 1:0 Antares Car 438 [0]
14 Jennifer You 433 [0] 0:1 Jamie Kenmure 1433 [0]
15 Savithri Narenthran 1425 [0] 1:0 Jessica You 219 [0]
16 Mingus Gu Yang [0] +:- Elliott Renzies 1419 [0]
17 Joseph Wong 1393 [0] 1:0 Bonita Gu Yang [0]
18 Timothy Martin [0] 0:1 Cameron Yung 1353 [0]
19 Erick McPherson 1284 [0] 0:1 Garry Millington [0]
20 Kenneth Minty [0] 0:1 Finley Dale 1255 [0]
21 Milan Stojic 1255 [0] 0:1 Orefile Phuma [0]
22 Kevin Ren [0] 1:0 Elizabeth Warren 795 [0]

Watto
16-07-2011, 03:28 PM

1 Kyle Gibson 1478 [1] : Guy West 2307 [1]
2 Dusan Stojic 2248 [1] : Max Chew Lee 1465 [1]
3 Jamie Kenmure 1433 [1] : Domagoj Dragicevic 2234 [1]
4 David J Garner 2026 [1] : Savithri Narenthran 1425 [1]
5 Cameron Yung 1353 [1] : Kerry Stead 1989 [1]
6 Svetozar Stojic 1978 [1] : Joseph Wong 1393 [1]
7 Finley Dale 1255 [1] : Ian Birchall 1895 [1]
8 Ari Dale 1895 [1] : Mingus Gu Yang [1]
9 Garry Millington [1] : Rad Chmiel 1722 [1]
10 Orefile Phuma [1] : Roland Brockman 1545 [1]
11 Joel Beggs 1646 [.5] : Kevin Ren [1]
12 Jimmy Ying 1234 [0] : Carl Loucas 702 [.5]
13 Carl Dingfelder 661 [0] : Erick McPherson 1284 [0]
14 Antares Car 438 [0] : Milan Stojic 1255 [0]
15 Jessica You 219 [0] : Linden Lyons 1197 [0]
16 Dmitry Lee 1116 [0] : Jody Middleton 478 [0]
17 Jason Chew 998 [0] : Jennifer You 433 [0]
18 Bonita Gu Yang [0] : Steve Scott 996 [0]
19 Alan Gray 923 [0] : Timothy Martin [0]
20 Elizabeth Warren 795 [0] : David Chin 774 [0]
21 Alanna Chew Lee 732 [0] : Kenneth Minty [0]

I see Kyle is playing Guy on board 1... they have played each other often at Croydon CC. I'm quite interested to see how the unrated players go in this tournament as they fared pretty well in round 1. It's good to have the current Australian Girls Champion, Savithri Narenthran, in the field. I suspect (and hope) she'll do some damage. :)

Watto
16-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Here are some photos from round 1. Melbournites are known to favour dark attire and this group are no exception... ;)

Watto
16-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Round 2 results:

1 Kyle Gibson 1478 [1] 0:1 Guy West 2307 [1]
2 Dusan Stojic 2248 [1] 1:0 Max Chew Lee 1465 [1]
3 Jamie Kenmure 1433 [1] 0:1 Domagoj Dragicevic 2234 [1]
4 David J Garner 2026 [1] 1:0 Savithri Narenthran 1425 [1]
5 Cameron Yung 1353 [1] 0:1 Kerry Stead 1989 [1]
6 Svetozar Stojic 1978 [1] 1:0 Joseph Wong 1393 [1]
7 Finley Dale 1255 [1] 0:1 Ian Birchall 1895 [1]
8 Ari Dale 1895 [1] 1:0 Mingus Gu Yang [1]
9 Garry Millington [1] 0:1 Rad Chmiel 1722 [1]
10 Orefile Phuma [1] 0:1 Roland Brockman 1545 [1]
11 Joel Beggs 1646 [.5] 1:0 Kevin Ren [1]
12 Jimmy Ying 1234 [0] 1:0 Carl Loucas 702 [.5]
13 Carl Dingfelder 661 [0] 0:1 Erick McPherson 1284 [0]
14 Antares Car 438 [0] 0:1 Milan Stojic 1255 [0]
15 Jessica You 219 [0] 0:1 Linden Lyons 1197 [0]
16 Dmitry Lee 1116 [0] 1:0 Jody Middleton 478 [0]
17 Jason Chew 998 [0] .5:.5 Jennifer You 433 [0]
18 Bonita Gu Yang [0] 1:0 Steve Scott 996 [0]
19 Alan Gray 923 [0] 1:0 Timothy Martin [0]
20 Elizabeth Warren 795 [0] 0:1 David Chin 774 [0]
21 Alanna Chew Lee 732 [0] 0:1 Kenneth Minty [0]

Round 3 has just got underway. Here are the pairings:

1 Guy West 2307 [2] : Svetozar Stojic 1978 [2]
2 Kerry Stead 1989 [2] : Dusan Stojic 2248 [2]
3 Domagoj Dragicevic 2234 [2] : Ari Dale 1895 [2]
4 Ian Birchall 1895 [2] : David J Garner 2026 [2]
5 Roland Brockman 1545 [2] : Joel Beggs 1646 [1.5]
6 Linden Lyons 1197 [1] : Kyle Gibson 1478 [1]
7 Max Chew Lee 1465 [1] : Dmitry Lee 1116 [1]
8 David Chin 774 [1] : Jamie Kenmure 1433 [1]
9 Savithri Narenthran 1425 [1] : Alan Gray 923 [1]
10 Joseph Wong 1393 [1] : Garry Millington [1]
11 Mingus Gu Yang [1] : Cameron Yung 1353 [1]
12 Erick McPherson 1284 [1] : Orefile Phuma [1]
13 Kevin Ren [1] : Finley Dale 1255 [1]
14 Milan Stojic 1255 [1] : Bonita Gu Yang [1]
15 Kenneth Minty [1] : Jimmy Ying 1234 [1]
16 Carl Loucas 702 [.5] : Jason Chew 998 [.5]
17 Jennifer You 433 [.5] : Alanna Chew Lee 732 [0]
18 Steve Scott 996 [0] : Antares Car 438 [0]
19 Jessica You 219 [0] : Carl Dingfelder 661 [0]
20 Timothy Martin [0] 1:0 BYE
21 Rad Chmiel 1722 [2] .5:0 BYE
22 Elizabeth Warren 795 [0] .5:0 BYE
23 Jody Middleton 478 [0] .5:0 BYE

It's now about 8:30 and I think that the board one game may end in a draw as it has become too simplified for Guy to get much out of it. Domagoj looked quite a bit better to me against Ari (but I could be wrong about that.) On the lower boards the You twins have beaten their higher rated opponents. From looking at their games, I expect their ratings will go up quite quickly.

Tony Dowden
16-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Hi Tony. That's a shame but hope to see you next year. :)

Thanks Jean and Guy,

Maybe next year Karl Z, JaK and I will all get to the starting line. (Generally I do actually make an event after twice 'threatening' to play in it!)

Cheers, Tony

PS I watched Gattaca (the movie) last night: um, still scratching my head!

Ian CCC
16-07-2011, 10:38 PM
2011 Guy West Classic - Round 3

Results

1 Guy West 2307 [2] .5:.5 Svetozar Stojic 1978 [2]
2 Kerry Stead 1989 [2] 0:1 Dusan Stojic 2248 [2]
3 Domagoj Dragicevic 2234 [2] 1:0 Ari Dale 1895 [2]
4 Ian Birchall 1895 [2] 0:1 David J Garner 2026 [2]
5 Roland Brockman 1545 [2] .5:.5 Joel Beggs 1646 [1.5]
6 Linden Lyons 1197 [1] 0:1 Kyle Gibson 1478 [1]
7 Max Chew Lee 1465 [1] 1:0 Dmitry Lee 1116 [1]
8 David Chin 774 [1] .5:.5 Jamie Kenmure 1433 [1]
9 Savithri Narenthran 1425 [1] 1:0 Alan Gray 923 [1]
10 Joseph Wong 1393 [1] 1:0 Garry Millington [1]
11 Mingus Gu Yang [1] 0:1 Cameron Yung 1353 [1]
12 Erick McPherson 1284 [1] 1:0 Orefile Phuma [1]
13 Kevin Ren [1] .5:.5 Finley Dale 1255 [1]
14 Milan Stojic 1255 [1] 1:0 Bonita Gu Yang [1]
15 Kenneth Minty [1] 0:1 Jimmy Ying 1234 [1]
16 Carl Loucas 702 [.5] 0:1 Jason Chew 998 [.5]
17 Jennifer You 433 [.5] 1:0 Alanna Chew Lee 732 [0]
18 Steve Scott 996 [0] 1:0 Antares Car 438 [0]
19 Jessica You 219 [0] 1:0 Carl Dingfelder 661 [0]
20 Timothy Martin [0] 1:0 BYE
21 Rad Chmiel 1722 [2] .5:0 BYE
22 Elizabeth Warren 795 [0] .5:0 BYE
23 Jody Middleton 478 [0] .5:0 BYE

Ian CCC
16-07-2011, 10:39 PM
2011 Guy West Classic - Round 4

Results

1 Dusan Stojic 2248 [3] : Domagoj Dragicevic 2234 [3]
2 David J Garner 2026 [3] : Guy West 2307 [2.5]
3 Rad Chmiel 1722 [2.5] : Roland Brockman 1545 [2.5]
4 Svetozar Stojic 1978 [2.5] : Kerry Stead 1989 [2]
5 Cameron Yung 1353 [2] : Ian Birchall 1895 [2]
6 Ari Dale 1895 [2] : Savithri Narenthran 1425 [2]
7 Joel Beggs 1646 [2] : Joseph Wong 1393 [2]
8 Kyle Gibson 1478 [2] : Erick McPherson 1284 [2]
9 Jimmy Ying 1234 [2] : Max Chew Lee 1465 [2]
10 Jamie Kenmure 1433 [1.5] : Milan Stojic 1255 [2]
11 Finley Dale 1255 [1.5] : Jennifer You 433 [1.5]
12 Jason Chew 998 [1.5] : Kevin Ren [1.5]
13 Dmitry Lee 1116 [1] : David Chin 774 [1.5]
14 Timothy Martin [1] : Linden Lyons 1197 [1]
15 Garry Millington [1] : Steve Scott 996 [1]
16 Alan Gray 923 [1] : Mingus Gu Yang [1]
17 Orefile Phuma [1] : Jessica You 219 [1]
18 Bonita Gu Yang [1] : Kenneth Minty [1]
19 Jody Middleton 478 [.5] : Elizabeth Warren 795 [.5]
20 Carl Dingfelder 661 [0] : Carl Loucas 702 [.5]
21 Alanna Chew Lee 732 [0] : Antares Car 438 [0]

Watto
17-07-2011, 08:18 AM
The board 1 game between Noble Park CC players FM Stojic and Dragicevic should be interesting.

Watto
17-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Congratulations to FM Dusan Stojic for winning the 2011 Guy West Classic with 5/5. :clap: He was in excellent form beating first Domagoj and then Guy in the final round. We'll be getting some games on our website soon and I'll try and post a few tomorrow.

For now I'm just posting the cross table and final standings which have been emailed to me. I'll post a full list of all the prize winners soon.

Cross Table

No Name Feder Loc 1 2 3 4 5

1. West, Guy Open 2307 22:W 12:W 6:D 4:W 2:L
2. Stojic, Dusan Open 2248 23:W 13:W 5:W 3:W 1:W
3. Dragicevic, Domagoj Open 2234 24:W 14:W 8:W 2:L 6:W
4. Garner, David J Open 2026 25:+ 15:W 7:W 1:L 11:W
5. Stead, Kerry AU20 1989 26:W 18:W 2:L 6:L 34:W
6. Stojic, Svetozar AU20 1978 27:W 17:W 1:D 5:W 3:L
7. Birchall, Ian AU20 1895 28:W 20:W 4:L 18:W 22:D
8. Dale, Ari JU20 1895 30:W 38:W 3:L 15:W 17:W
9. Chmiel, Rad AU20 1722 31:W 41:W :D 11:D 26:W
10. Beggs, Joel AU20 1646 32:D 44:W 11:D 17:L 23:L
11. Brockman, Roland AU16 1545 33:W 43:W 10:D 9:D 4:L
12. Gibson, Kyle JU16 1478 34:W 1:L 23:W 19:D 30:L
13. Chew Lee, Max JU16 1465 35:W 2:L 24:W 22:L 28:W
14. Kenmure, Jamie AU16 1433 36:W 3:L 30:D 21:W 19:D
15. Narenthran, Savithri JU16 1425 37:W 4:L 28:W 8:L 43:W
16. Renzies, Elliott 1419 38:- : : : :
17. Wong, Joseph JU16 1393 39:W 6:L 41:W 10:W 8:L
18. Yung, Cameron JU16 1353 40:W 5:L 38:W 7:L 42:W
19. McPherson, Erick AU16 1284 41:L 33:W 43:W 12:D 14:D
20. Dale, Finley JU16 1255 42:W 7:L 44:D 36:D 21:D
21. Stojic, Milan AU16 1255 43:L 35:W 39:W 14:L 20:D
22. Ying, Jimmy JU16 1234 1:L 32:W 42:W 13:W 7:D
23. Lyons, Linden AU12 1197 2:L 37:W 12:L 40:W 10:W
24. Lee, Dmitry JU12 1116 3:L 34:W 13:L 30:D 32:W
25. Matthews, Rodney 1100 4:- : : : :
26. Chew, Jason JU12 998 5:L 36:D 32:W 44:W 9:L
27. Scott, Steve AU12 996 6:L 39:L 35:W 41:W 36:W
28. Gray, Alan AU12 923 7:L 40:W 15:L 38:W 13:L
29. Warren, Elizabeth AU12 795 44:L 30:L :D 34:L 41:L
30. Chin, David JU12 774 8:L 29:W 14:D 24:D 12:W
31. Chew Lee, Alanna JU12 732 9:L 42:L 36:L 35:W 38:D
32. Loucas, Carl JU12 702 10:D 22:L 26:L 33:W 24:L
33. Dingfelder, Carl JU12 661 11:L 19:L 37:L 32:L 35:W
34. Middleton, Jody JU12 478 12:L 24:L :D 29:W 5:L
35. Car, Antares JU12 438 13:L 21:L 27:L 31:L 33:L
36. You, Jennifer JU12 433 14:L 26:D 31:W 20:D 27:L
37. You, Jessica JU12 219 15:L 23:L 33:W 43:L 40:D
38. Gu Yang, Mingus JU12 16:+ 8:L 18:L 28:L 31:D
39. Gu Yang, Bonita JU12 17:L 27:W 21:L 42:L 44:W
40. Martin, Timothy JU12 18:L 28:L :W 23:L 37:D
41. Millington, Garry AU12 19:W 9:L 17:L 27:L 29:W
42. Minty, Kenneth AU12 20:L 31:W 22:L 39:W 18:L
43. Phuma, Orefile AU12 21:W 11:L 19:L 37:W 15:L
44. Ren, Kevin JU12 29:W 10:L 20:D 26:L 39:L

Standings

Place Name Feder Loc Title Score

1 Dusan Stojic Open 2248 fm 5
2-5 Domagoj Dragicevic Open 2234 4
David J Garner Open 2026 4
Ari Dale JU20 1895 4
Rad Chmiel AU20 1722 4
6-9 Guy West Open 2307 im 3.5
Svetozar Stojic AU20 1978 3.5
Ian Birchall AU20 1895 3.5
Jimmy Ying JU16 1234 3.5
10-20 Kerry Stead AU20 1989 3
Jamie Kenmure AU16 1433 3
Max Chew Lee JU16 1465 3
David Chin JU12 774 3
Joseph Wong JU16 1393 3
Savithri Narenthran JU16 1425 3
Roland Brockman AU16 1545 3
Erick McPherson AU16 1284 3
Linden Lyons AU12 1197 3
Cameron Yung JU16 1353 3
Steve Scott AU12 996 3
21-25 Kyle Gibson JU16 1478 2.5
Dmitry Lee JU12 1116 2.5
Jason Chew JU12 998 2.5
Finley Dale JU16 1255 2.5
Milan Stojic AU16 1255 2.5
26-32 Garry Millington AU12 2
Orefile Phuma AU12 2
Jennifer You JU12 433 2
Kenneth Minty AU12 2
Joel Beggs AU20 1646 2
Bonita Gu Yang JU12 2
Alan Gray AU12 923 2
33-39 Mingus Gu Yang JU12 1.5
Timothy Martin JU12 1.5
Jody Middleton JU12 478 1.5
Carl Loucas JU12 702 1.5
Kevin Ren JU12 1.5
Jessica You JU12 219 1.5
Alanna Chew Lee JU12 732 1.5
40 Carl Dingfelder JU12 661 1
41 Elizabeth Warren AU12 795 0.5
42-44 Antares Car JU12 438 0

Watto
19-07-2011, 10:26 AM
1st FM Dusan Stojic

2nd to 4th: Domagoj Dragicevic, David Garner, Ari Dale and Rad Chmiel

Adult U2000: Svetozar Stojic and Ian Birchall

Adult U1600: Jamie Kenmure, Roland Brockman, Erick McPherson

Adult U1200: Linden Lyons, Steve Scott

Junior U2000: Jimmy Ying

Junior U1600: Max Chew Lee, Joseph Wong, Savithri Narenthran, Cameron Yung

Junior U1200: David Chin

Biggest Upset Prize: David Chin

Congratulations to all the prize winners :clap: :)

lost
19-07-2011, 10:59 AM
1st FM Dusan Stojic

2nd to 4th: Domagoj Dragicevic, David Garner, Ari Dale and Rad Chmiel

Adult U2000: Svetozar Stojic and Ian Birchall

Adult U1600: Jamie Kenmure, Roland Brockman, Erick McPherson

Adult U1200: Linden Lyons, Steve Scott

Junior U2000: Jimmy Ying

Junior U1600: Max Chew Lee, Joseph Wong, Savithri Narenthran, Cameron Yung

Junior U1200: David Chin

Biggest Upset Prize: David Chin

Congratulations to all the prize winners :clap: :)

Well done to all prize winners. Yes "lost" won a prize but I donated it back to Croydon Chess Club.

the reason I did this is because this club has one of the best juniors that I have seen and does so much for there juniors as well. There are a few people that need to be thanked for their involvement.

Ian Birchall, for opening up the club on the Thursday nights, Guy West, Richad Goldsmith, Jean Watson, Jamie Cross as well as general committee members for there efforts in a) running the club very good and b) providing a tournament that is very enjoyable.

On a final note, if there is any parent reading this from the local area or if anyone knows of juniors in the local area that want to join a club, I strongly recommend Croydon Chess Club as they are a strong supporter of junior chess and will be for the future as well.

Also, I forgot to add the arbiter N.Y Wong and Northern Star Chess who are doing a fantastic job as well at Croydon Chess Club.

So congratulations to Croydon Chess Club for doing a fantastic job once again.

lost

Watto
20-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi everyone. Here are some of the games from the top boards, input by Pearl Yung. Thanks Pearl! Thanks also to N.Y. Wong for all his hard work as arbiter over the weekend and to Ian Birchall for all his behind the scenes work.

Thank you to Northern Star Chess for their generous sponsorship yet again and also to Elliott Renzies and Jamie Kenmure for donating their entry fee and prize money respectively.
[Event "Guy West Classic 2011"]
[Site "Croydon Chess Club"]
[Date "2011.07.16"]
[Round "3.1"]
[White "West, Guy"]
[Black "Stojic, Svetozar"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[WhiteElo "2307"]
[BlackElo "1978"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 g6 3. Nc3 Bg7 4. e4 d6 5. Nf3 O-O 6. h3 Na6 7. Bg5 Qe8 8.
Bd3 e5 9. d5 c6 10. g4 cxd5 11. cxd5 Nc5 12. Bb5 Bd7 13. Bxd7 Qxd7 14. Qe2
b5 15. Bxf6 Bxf6 16. b4 Na4 17. Qxb5 Qxb5 18. Nxb5 Rab8 19. Nxd6 Rfd8 20.
Nc4 Rxb4 21. Nfd2 Rc8 22. Ne3 Nc5 23. Ke2 Nxe4 24. Nxe4 Rxe4 25. Rac1 Rb8
26. Rb1 Reb4 27. Rxb4 Rxb4 28. Rc1 a5 29. Nc4 a4 30. f3 Kf8 31. Kd3 Bg5 32.
Rc2 Rb1 33. Nxe5 Rh1 34. Rc8+ Ke7 35. Ra8 Bf6 36. Ra7+ Kd6 37. Nc4+ Kxd5
38. Rxf7 Rd1+ 39. Kc2 Ra1 40. Rxf6 Kxc4 41. Rf4+ Kb5 42. Kb2 Rh1 43. Ka3
Rxh3 44. Rb4+ Kc5 45. Rf4 Kb5 46. Rf8 Rg3 47. Rf4 Rh3 48. Rf7 Rg3 49. Rf4
1/2-1/2

[Date "2011.07.16"]
[Round "3.2"]
[White "Stead, Kerry"]
[Black "Stojic, Dusan"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "1989"]
[BlackElo "2248"]

1. d4 c5 2. d5 Nf6 3. c4 g6 4. Nc3 d6 5. e4 Bg7 6. Bd3 e6 7. Nge2 O-O 8. f3
exd5 9. cxd5 Na6 10. Be3 Nc7 11. Qd2 Re8 12. O-O-O Rb8 13. g4 b5 14. Ng3 c4
15. Bb1 b4 16. Nce2 Nb5 17. Qxb4 c3 18. Nxc3 Qc7 19. Bc2 Bd7 20. Nxb5 Rxb5
21. Qc3 Nxe4 22. Qxg7+ Kxg7 23. Bd4+ Nf6 24. g5 Kg8 25. gxf6 Rc8 26. Bc3
Rxb2 27. Rd3 Rxa2 28. Kd2 Ra3 29. Ne2 Bb5 30. Rc1 Re8 31. Nd4 Bxd3 32. Bxd3
Ra2+ 33. Kd1 Re3 34. Bd2 Qxc1+ 35. Kxc1 Rxd3 36. Nc2 Rxd5 37. Bb4 Ra6 38.
Kb2 Rd3 39. Ne1 Re3 40. Kc2 Ra2+
0-1

[Date "2011.07.16"]
[Round "3.3"]
[White "Dragicevic, Domagoj"]
[Black "Dale, Ari"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "2234"]
[BlackElo "1895"]

1. e4 c6 2. c4 d5 3. cxd5 cxd5 4. exd5 Nf6 5. Nc3 g6 6. Bc4 Bg7 7. Nf3 O-O
8. O-O Nbd7 9. d3 Nb6 10. Qb3 Ne8 11. Bf4 Nd6 12. a4 Bf5 13. Bxd6 Qxd6 14.
Nb5 Qd7 15. a5 Nc8 16. Rae1 b6 17. a6 Nd6 18. Ne5 Bxe5 19. Rxe5 Nxb5 20.
Bxb5 Qd6 21. Rfe1 Rac8 22. h3 Rc7 23. Bc4 Re8 24. Qa3 Qxa3 25. bxa3 Kf8 26.
d6 f6 27. R5e3 Rc5 28. Rxe7 Rxe7 29. dxe7+ Ke8 30. Bb5+
1-0

Watto
20-07-2011, 09:58 PM
[Date "2011.07.17"]
[Round "4.1"]
[White "Stojic, Dusan"]
[Black "Dragicevic, Domagoj"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "2248"]
[BlackElo "2234"]

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 e6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 a6 5. Nc3 Qc7 6. Be2 b5 7. O-O Bb7 8.
Bf3 d6 9. a4 b4 10. Na2 Nf6 11. Re1 Nbd7 12. Nxb4 Nc5 13. Nd5 exd5 14.
exd5+ Kd8 15. Bg5 Nd7 16. Nc6+ Bxc6 17. dxc6 Nc5 18. Be3 Nce4 19. a5 Qxc6
20. Bb6+ Kc8 21. Bxe4 Nxe4 22. Qg4+ Kb7 23. Rxe4 d5 24. Rd4 Re8 25. Qf3 Re6
26. Rxd5 Bd6 27. Rad1 Rhe8 28. Be3 Rf6 29. Rxd6 Rxf3 30. Rxc6 Rexe3 31.
Rb6+
1-0
[Date "2011.07.17"]
[Round "4.2"]
[White "Garner, David J"]
[Black "West, Guy"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2026"]
[BlackElo "2307"]

1. Nf3 f5 2. c4 Nf6 3. Nc3 d6 4. d4 g6 5. g3 Bg7 6. Bg2 O-O 7. O-O Qe8 8.
d5 c6 9. Qc2 e5 10. dxe6 Bxe6 11. b3 Na6 12. Bb2 Rd8 13. Rad1 Qe7 14. Ba3
Nc5 15. Rfe1 Bc8 16. Nd4 Nce4 17. Nxe4 fxe4 18. f3 Rfe8 19. Qc1 Qe5 20. Bb2
Qh5 21. Nc2 d5 22. Qa1 Rf8 23. cxd5 Rxd5 24. Rxd5 Qxd5 25. Ne3 Qg5 26. Nc4
exf3 27. exf3 Nh5 28. Ne5 Qd2 29. Bc3 Qd6 30. f4 Be6 31. Rd1 Qe7 32. Qb2
Rd8 33. Rxd8+ Qxd8 34. Qe2 Bd5 35. Qd2 Nf6 36. Qd4 Qb6 37. Qxb6 axb6 38.
Bb4 b5 39. Ba3 Ne4 40. Kf1 c5 41. Bb2 c4 42. bxc4 bxc4 43. a4 c3 44. Ba3
Bf8 45. Bxf8 Kxf8 46. Ke2 c2 47. Nd3 Bc4
0-1
[Date "2011.07.17"]
[Round "4.3"]
[White "Chmiel, Rad"]
[Black "Brockman, Roland"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[WhiteElo "1722"]
[BlackElo "1545"]

1. e4 Nf6 2. d3 e5 3. Nf3 Nc6 4. Be2 d5 5. Nbd2 g6 6. c3 a5 7. a4 Bg7 8.
O-O O-O 9. Re1 dxe4 10. dxe4 Qe7 11. Qc2 Rd8 12. Nf1 b6 13. Ng3 Ba6 14.
Bxa6 Rxa6 15. h4 Raa8 16. Be3 Rd7 17. Rad1 Rad8 18. Rxd7 Rxd7 19. Qb3 Ng4
20. Bg5 Qc5 21. Rf1 h6 22. Bc1 Kh7 23. h5 Na7 24. hxg6+ fxg6 25. Qe6 Nf6
26. Qh3 Qe7 27. Ng5+ Kg8 28. Ne6 Kh7 29. Nxg7 Qxg7 30. Qe6 Re7 31. Qc4 Rd7
32. f4 exf4 33. Bxf4 Qg8 34. Qxg8+ Nxg8 35. e5 g5 36. Be3 Re7 37. Nh5 Rxe5
38. Bd4 Re7 39. Nf6+ Nxf6 40. Rxf6 Nc8 41. Rc6 Rd7 42. Be5 Nd6 43. Bxd6
Rxd6 44. Rxc7+ Kg6 45. b4 axb4 46. cxb4 Kh5 47. Rc4 g4 48. g3 Rd3 49. Kg2
Rd2+ 50. Kf1 Rd3 51. Kg2 Rd2+
1/2-1/2

Watto
20-07-2011, 10:01 PM
[Date "2011.07.17"]
[Round "5.1"]
[White "West, Guy"]
[Black "Stojic, Dusan"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2308"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 g6 3. Nc3 Bg7 4. e4 d6 5. f4 O-O 6. Nf3 c5 7. d5 e6 8. dxe6
fxe6 9. Bd3 Nc6 10. O-O Nd4 11. Nxd4 cxd4 12. Nb5 e5 13. fxe5 dxe5 14. c5
Be6 15. Bg5 h6 16. Bxf6 Rxf6 17. Qc2 Qe7 18. Rxf6 Bxf6 19. Bc4 Rf8 20.
Bxe6+ Qxe6 21. Nc7 Qf7 22. Nd5 Bh4 23. b4 Bf2+ 24. Kh1 Be1 25. Nf6+ Qxf6
26. Qc4+ Qf7 27. Qxf7+ Rxf7 28. Rxe1 Rf2 29. Ra1 Re2 30. Kg1 Kf7 31. Rc1
Ke7 32. a3 Rxe4 33. Kf2 d3 34. Rd1 Re2+ 35. Kf3 e4+ 36. Kf4 d2
0-1
[Date "2011.07.17"]
[Round "5.2"]
[White "Dragicevic, Domagoj"]
[Black "Stojic, Svetozar"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "2234"]
[BlackElo "1978"]

1. c4 Nf6 2. Nc3 c5 3. Nf3 g6 4. g3 Bg7 5. d4 O-O 6. Bg2 d6 7. O-O Nc6 8.
h3 Qa5 9. d5 Ne5 10. Nxe5 dxe5 11. Be3 Rd8 12. Na4 b5 13. cxb5 e4 14. Bxc5
Nxd5 15. Bxe4 Be6 16. Qc2 Rac8 17. Rfd1 Qxb5 18. Bg2 Rd7 19. Qb3 Rxc5 20.
Nxc5 Qxc5 21. Rac1 Qb6 22. Rc8+ Bf8 23. Qxb6 axb6 24. Rb8 Nf6 25. Rxd7 Nxd7
26. Rb7 Bg7 27. Bc6 Nf8 28. a4 Bd4 29. b4 Bxh3 30. e3 Be5 31. Rxb6 Bc8 32.
a5 Bc7 33. Rb5 Ne6 34. Bb7 Bd7 35. a6 Bd6 36. a7 Nc7 37. Rb6 Kf8 38. Bc6
Be6 39. Rb7
1-0
[Date "2011.07.17"]
[Round "5.3"]
[White "Brockman, Roland"]
[Black "Garner, David J"]
[Result "0-1"]
[BlackElo "2026"]
[WhiteeElo "1545"]

1. d4 d5 2. Nf3 Nf6 3. e3 Bg4 4. c4 c6 5. Nc3 e6 6. Bd3 Nbd7 7. O-O Bd6 8.
Bd2 O-O 9. Rc1 Re8 10. cxd5 exd5 11. Ne2 Ne4 12. Ng3 Ndf6 13. Be2 Nxg3 14.
hxg3 Ne4 15. Ne1 Bxe2 16. Qxe2 Re6 17. Nf3 Rh6 18. Be1 Qd7 19. Nd2 Nf6 20.
Nb3 Re8 21. Bd2 Ng4 22. Qd3 Qe6 23. Nc5 Rh1+
0-1