PDA

View Full Version : Victorian Teams Championship 2011 May-November 2011

Carl Gorka
21-02-2011, 10:41 AM
A new season is imminent and for my sins I am trying to direct this years event. I will be contacting clubs this week with invitations to play, but check out details of the format and feel free to comment on my blog (http://gorkachc.blogspot.com/2011/02/victorian-team-championships.html).

ER
21-02-2011, 12:54 PM
I wish you all the best and I am sure you 've taken lessons from last year's mistakes and (as it usually is the case) you will do well!
However, let me ask:
If this is a CV event, why do we have to find details in your blog and not in CV's website?
PS Don't get me wrong, I read your blog and I find it very interesting!

Watto
21-02-2011, 05:42 PM
A new season is imminent and for my sins I am trying to direct this years event. I will be contacting clubs this week with invitations to play, but check out details of the format and feel free to comment on my blog (http://gorkachc.blogspot.com/2011/02/victorian-team-championships.html).
hi fireeater. From your blog: "This event is for teams of 4 players. Each team may consist of a squad of up to 7 players. All players must be registered with the competition before they play, and all must be members of Chess Victoria. Teams may deregister players, and register new players at any time."

Just curious: What's the process for registering and deregistering players? Do team captains just let you know by email/phone or what?

I'm probably not going to have the time to play this year (I'll know closer to May as I might be studying by then) but best of luck with it!

Spiny Norman
22-02-2011, 05:08 AM
Re: the "all must be members of Chess Victoria" bit ... my understanding of CV's structure/membership is that the only natural persons who are members of Chess Victoria are CV's life members ...if this is correct, it might be better to word this as "all must be current members of CV-affiliated clubs" or similar wording.

Carl Gorka
22-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Firstly, if I don't get back to you all here on the forum quickly, then I apologise but I'm fairly busy and I'm limiting my time on these sites.

To answer questions:

Jak, I am only putting my proposal into the public domain for debate. CV have accepted the outline and may post specific details to their website. I am not a part of the CV executive, nor do I want to be, so I will be posting stuff as I know it immediately to my blog and, of course, forwarding it to Leonid and/or Gerrit. You don't have to check my blog for info, but if you want it as soon as it is known, then that is probably the best bet.

To answer both questions form Croydon, it is essentially the same thing. Personally I think that all players in a team should be registered with the league before they are able to compete (or deregistered if, for instance, they move interstate half way through the season so that someone else gets the chance to represent their club). Players should be members of bona fide CV clubs, and as such, should be members of CV. I agree with Spiny Norman, that his wording gets to the heart of the matter better than the way I phrased it :)

Keep the suggestions coming, but once again, please be patient for my replies as I may not visit the forum daily.

ER
22-02-2011, 11:10 AM
To answer questions:

Jak, I am only putting my proposal into the public domain for debate. CV have accepted the outline and may post specific details to their website. I am not a part of the CV executive, nor do I want to be, so I will be posting stuff as I know it immediately to my blog and, of course, forwarding it to Leonid and/or Gerrit. You don't have to check my blog for info, but if you want it as soon as it is known, then that is probably the best bet.
Keep the suggestions coming, but once again, please be patient for my replies as I may not visit the forum daily.

Good answer thanks! :) As I stated in previous I read the blog with interest! Good luck with your efforts!

ER
07-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Latest on the info thingy, we have already established a communication network with the Manager, Captain and all members of the team. So it's OK don't worry about it!

Carl Gorka
03-04-2011, 11:26 PM
First entries beginning to come in.:)

Thanks to David Flude and CV for sending out info to the mailing list, and expect more announcements soon!

Metro
04-04-2011, 01:59 AM
First entries beginning to come in.:)

Thanks to David Flude and CV for sending out info to the mailing list, and expect more announcements soon!
Can we have a link to tournament details?Thanks.

Carl Gorka
12-04-2011, 10:25 PM
This week I am in the midst of phoning around clubs, and individuals to finalise this event. Saying that, there has already been interest from about 15 teams.

Carl Gorka
12-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Can we have a link to tournament details?Thanks.

There are some details on my blog (http://gorkachc.blogspot.com/search/label/Victorian%20Teams%20Championship), and I would imagine there will be more specific details on CV's website.

Grant Szuveges
12-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Can we get some sort of assurance from CV that they are not going to hold the final for this event at the same time as the MCC Allegro Championship (or any other MCC event) this year? Last years clash was detrimental to both tournaments and totally avoidable.

The MCC 2011 calendar has been out since late last year, so lets hope that CV actually check it this time to avoid a clash with this or any other event run by an affiliated club...

Carl Gorka
14-04-2011, 10:42 PM
I've created a separate (http://cvteams.blogspot.com/) site for this event.

Ian CCC
14-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Have the rules for the competition been finalised?

Have the dates when the teams come together for the first and last rounds been decided?

MichaelBaron
15-04-2011, 12:19 AM
So what is the format this year? Swiss? also will it be fide rated?

Garvinator
15-04-2011, 12:32 AM
Can we get some sort of assurance from CV that they are not going to hold the final for this event at the same time as the MCC Allegro Championship (or any other MCC event) this year? Last years clash was detrimental to both tournaments and totally avoidable.

The MCC 2011 calendar has been out since late last year, so lets hope that CV actually check it this time to avoid a clash with this or any other event run by an affiliated club...Are you planning on ACF rapid rating the MCC Allegro Championship?

ER
15-04-2011, 12:35 AM

For all available information please check here!
http://cvteams.blogspot.com/

Carl Gorka
15-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Have the rules for the competition been finalised?

Have the dates when the teams come together for the first and last rounds been decided?

Essentially, the rules are as published on my blog. The forfeiture issue is still a bit sticky, but that will hopefully be all cleared up by the first round when captains will be given a full set of rules

The dates for first and last round are not known yet. We will hopefully start on Sunday 15th May , but that is not confirmed, and the final date of the year has not been arranged yet, but we are looking at a weekend in November.

Carl Gorka
15-04-2011, 09:37 AM

There will be round robin divisions of up to 8 teams per division. The event will be ACF rated, but not FIDE rated.

Grant Szuveges
15-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Are you planning on ACF rapid rating the MCC Allegro Championship?

No, it wont be ACF rapid rated. Why do you ask?

MichaelBaron
15-04-2011, 12:48 PM
No, it wont be ACF rapid rated. Why do you ask?
Personally, I can not care less whether its ACF rated or not. Why waste money on getting it ACF rated. In my world - there is Planet MCC and Planet ACF. Planet MCC - I love to visit. Planet ACF has no attractions.

Carl Gorka
16-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Go check out some of the teams (http://cvteams.blogspot.com/2011/04/team-squads.html)!

Garvinator
16-04-2011, 12:36 AM
No, it wont be ACF rapid rated. Why do you ask?In that case why should a state association base their plans around one clubs allegro tournament? I would think that if there is a clash, then it is much easier for MCC to move, than it is for CV to move an entire round, with all clubs affected.

The reason I asked is that if the tournament was being ACF rapid rated, then CV has some reason to play ball.

But since it is not, then surely a fide rated, interclub event is more important than one clubs allegro.

Carl Gorka
16-04-2011, 12:42 AM
In that case why should a state association base their plans around one clubs allegro tournament? I would think that if there is a clash, then it is much easier for MCC to move, than it is for CV to move an entire round, with all clubs affected.

The reason I asked is that if the tournament was being ACF rapid rated, then CV has some reason to play ball.

But since it is not, then surely a fide rated, interclub event is more important than one clubs allegro.

Can we make this the last post that has nothing to do with the Vic Temas Championship on this thread?

And to clarify, the Victorian teams Championship is not Fide rated and the final round has not been arranged yet, so there is no clash to worry about at the moment.

ER
16-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Go check out some of the teams (http://cvteams.blogspot.com/2011/04/team-squads.html)!

Supersurprises in regards to players entered there!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Looks like Clubs and players have taken this very seriously!
The way it goes I expect repeated record participation for the next few years!
Excellent initiative! :clap:

Lekko
16-04-2011, 02:08 AM
Gees, Elwood are going to be tough to compete with, but with Johansen leading the charge at box hill, Dusan for Noble Park and Cheng for Canterbury, it may be a bit closer.

Grant Szuveges
16-04-2011, 04:01 AM
In that case why should a state association base their plans around one clubs allegro tournament? I would think that if there is a clash, then it is much easier for MCC to move, than it is for CV to move an entire round, with all clubs affected.

The ACF rapid ratings are run by the ACF. They are not run by CV and CV has nothing to do with them.

CV does however have something to do with Melbourne Chess Club, in that Melbourne Chess Club is a CV affiliated club - therefore CV has a duty to look after it (as it does with all its affiliated clubs). MCC pays fees to CV and thus should get its moneys worth.

CVs loyalty should be to its affiliated clubs, not to a rating list which gives nothing to CV and which not many people really care about anyway.

As for our event being called "one clubs allegro", well it is actually our "allegro championship", not just a regular allegro.

And I am making my point because last year there WAS a clash - so my point is relevant. What was stopping CV putting their event on 2 hours later and thus avoiding the clash???

The other point is that MCC has already put their calendar out (we did this approx 5 months ago). CV havnt even organised their dates yet. We (MCC) were there first, so why should we move over for a CV event which cut our lunch last year???

Note that CV still havnt put out any official statement saying that the events wont clash again this year. As a club who pays CV fees, we would like to know why...

NRMASIFD&GKFKBBK
16-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Some very interesting player transfers in the off-season...

With all due respect to Elwood, the team that looks the strongest to me is Noble Park 1. This team has 3 players who are at the top of their game currently in Dragicevic, D. Stojic and J. Tan, plus they've got good squad players including the strong J. Nemeth who is returning to chess. Tan's move is a blow to Canterbury Juniors, and I am curious that he moved as he would have been pushing for board 2 at CJCC while he may have to settle for board 3 at NPCC. Still, he did come =1st in the NPCC championship. Also noteworthy is Zach Loh's move to NPCC's 2nd team, which likely to be strong enough to play in the top division.

Canterbury Juniors have not hesitated in replacing Tan, poaching Ari Dale. This is more surprising than Justin's move as Ari has always been seen by many as a developing Melbourne Chess Club player - obviously Ari was seeking 1st division opportunities. It is noted that Frank Cheng posted in this forum in trying to convince James Morris to come over to his team. That approach may not have succeeded, but clearly an approach to Ari did. At the moment, Ari is clearly fighting with Michael Chan for board 4.

I think Box Hill has weakened slightly, though gaining Johansen is a big coup. So far, I see no Chris Wallis and no Eugene Schon and this is only partially off-set by gaining Johansen and Hacche. Bourmistrov's welcomed return is an X-factor. His is a similar case to J. Nemeth - he may be rusty or not.

It will be interersting see MCC's 1st and 2nd team lists. Can they convince any newer members such as Chris Wallis or Karl Zelesco, who both played in the recent club championship, to play for them instead of their usual clubs, respectively BHCC and CJCC?

I don't know if City of Yarra is putting up a team, but losing both Stojic brothers is a huge blow. If City of Yarra don't have a team, then I could foresee some of their players in other teams, with Rujevic perhaps playing for MCC instead.

Kai
16-04-2011, 11:39 AM

With all due respect to Elwood, the team that looks the strongest to me is Noble Park 1. This team has 3 players who are at the top of their game currently in Dragicevic, D. Stojic and J. Tan, plus they've got good squad players including the strong J. Nemeth who is returning to chess. Tan's move is a blow to Canterbury Juniors, and I am curious that he moved as he would have been pushing for board 2 at CJCC while he may have to settle for board 3 at NPCC. Still, he did come =1st in the NPCC championship. Also noteworthy is Zach Loh's move to NPCC's 2nd team, which likely to be strong enough to play in the top division.

Canterbury Juniors have not hesitated in replacing Tan, poaching Ari Dale. This is more surprising than Justin's move as Ari has always been seen by many as a developing Melbourne Chess Club player - obviously Ari was seeking 1st division opportunities. It is noted that Frank Cheng posted in this forum in trying to convince James Morris to come over to his team. That approach may not have succeeded, but clearly an approach to Ari did. At the moment, Ari is clearly fighting with Michael Chan for board 4.

I think Box Hill has weakened slightly, though gaining Johansen is a big coup. So far, I see no Chris Wallis and no Eugene Schon and this is only partially off-set by gaining Johansen and Hacche. Bourmistrov's welcomed return is an X-factor. His is a similar case to J. Nemeth - he may be rusty or not.

It will be interersting see MCC's 1st and 2nd team lists. Can they convince any newer members such as Chris Wallis or Karl Zelesco, who both played in the recent club championship, to play for them instead of their usual clubs, respectively BHCC and CJCC?

I don't know if City of Yarra is putting up a team, but losing both Stojic brothers is a huge blow. If City of Yarra don't have a team, then I could foresee some of their players in other teams, with Rujevic perhaps playing for MCC instead.

Yes, I agree - some very interesting "transfers" this season!

The reason for Justin and Zach now playing for Noble Park is simple. This year, as many know, Noble Park is rejuvenating and one of our aims is to re-establish the club branding as one of the strongest clubs in Victoria. Therefore, club members were encouraged to support this process by helping to increase memberships, the new junior coaching etc. but also to support the club in the interclub. Since both Justin and Zach are kids of committee members, they decided to lead by example with this ...and similarly, Dusan and Svetozar (ex and current committee) made the same decision to transfer from City of Yarra.

There is a definite change in club atmosphere now, with members feeling much more that they are in a "club" as opposed to just appearing for weekly games. There is still a lot of work for us to do, but we are very pleased that nearly all our club members, across all levels, had no hesitation in offering to play in our teams.

Right now, we are trying to think of some names for our teams:)

Carl Gorka
16-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Yes, I agree - some very interesting "transfers" this season!

The reason for Justin and Zach now playing for Noble Park is simple. This year, as many know, Noble Park is rejuvenating and one of our aims is to re-establish the club branding as one of the strongest clubs in Victoria. Therefore, club members were encouraged to support this process by helping to increase memberships, the new junior coaching etc. but also to support the club in the interclub. Since both Justin and Zach are kids of committee members, they decided to lead by example with this ...and similarly, Dusan and Svetozar (ex and current committee) made the same decision to transfer from City of Yarra.

There is a definite change in club atmosphere now, with members feeling much more that they are in a "club" as opposed to just appearing for weekly games. There is still a lot of work for us to do, but we are very pleased that nearly all our club members, across all levels, had no hesitation in offering to play in our teams.

Right now, we are trying to think of some names for our teams:)

Personally I find this post very heartening. The main ethos behind a team championship should be the great feeling that players get representing their club/team and playing their hardest for their club, their team, and their fellow team members. In building these teams, Noble Park are strengthening the bonds between players and between players and their club.:clap:

I think your first team should be called Noble Slav:)

Carl Gorka
16-04-2011, 12:26 PM

I'll only comment on the MCC teams. At the moment we are still trying to work out our first and second team, though we have a rough idea who will play. Our problem is whether we pool all our strength into one team which will leave a very weak second team in the first division. Not sure what the answer is yet, and it may depend on whether a couple of maybe's turn in to definite's.

ER
16-04-2011, 11:16 PM
... Our problem is whether we pool all our strength into one team which will leave a very weak second team in the first division. ...

I think it will be a good opportunity for a youngsters' team led by Frank and Michael as his deputy and including Kozo to play first division!

I would definitely have Ari in this team, but it looks like a high (maybe top) board promise in one of the Box Hill / Canterbury Juniors teams proved more preferable for the talented junior!

ER
16-04-2011, 11:25 PM

hehe I remember reading some cute analysis / predictions like the above (I won't name names though :P) last year!

So before you all jump into conclusions let me remind you last year's final standings for Division One

1 Canterbury Junior CC :clap:
2-3 Noble Park CC, Elwood CC
4-5 City of Yarra CC, MCC2,
6-7 BHCC, 6 MCC1,

NRMASIFD&GKFKBBK
16-04-2011, 11:48 PM
hehe I remember reading some cute analysis / predictions like the above (I won't name names though :P) last year!

So before you all jump into conclusions let me remind you last year's final standings for Division One

6-7 BHCC, 6 MCC1,

You know what is annoying? When people assert that conclusions were reached when they weren't.

I have not predicted that any team would win or that there would be certain placings. In any case, we don't know who will be playing for MCC, so there would be little point in predicting.

NRMASIFD&GKFKBBK
16-04-2011, 11:54 PM
Personally I find this post very heartening. The main ethos behind a team championship should be the great feeling that players get representing their club/team and playing their hardest for their club, their team, and their fellow team members. In building these teams, Noble Park are strengthening the bonds between players and between players and their club.:clap:

I think your first team should be called Noble Slav:)

Yes, the spirit embodied in Kai's post is to be admired. That Justin would be willing to assist his team by playing a lower board than he could obtain elsewhere is to be applauded and respected. I would not begrudge someone like Ari moving in the search of opportunities, as it is only natural that players want to play the best opponents available. However, there are not many opportunities to enjoy being team members in chess, so I am glad that NPCC is doing its best to engender such spirit.

ER
17-04-2011, 12:38 AM
You know what is annoying? When people assert that conclusions were reached when they weren't.

I have not predicted that any team would win or that there would be certain placings. In any case, we don't know who will be playing for MCC, so there would be little point in predicting.

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/kaytee_13/Icons/Emoticons/smiley_sorry.gif

Sorry boss, didn't really mean to suggest you' re asserting / predicting stuff altough it looked as I did so. I am just creating a bit of noise to stimulate discussion! :)

jhughes
17-04-2011, 12:55 PM

6-7 BHCC, 6 MCC1,
Wait, so MCC2 beat MCC1?:hmm:...

Lekko
17-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Wait, so MCC2 beat MCC1?:hmm:...
yeah.

Igor_Goldenberg
17-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Team spirit and dedication is more important then the average rating.

Carl Gorka
18-04-2011, 08:34 PM
First round details and some more team lists posted (http://cvteams.blogspot.com/2011/04/victorian-team-championships-round-1.html).

guybrush
19-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Team Ballarat is looking fit, hungry, and with prize recruit Wijesuriya in tow, primed for a crack at second division glory! :D

Leonid Sandler
19-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Geelong Chess Club team----last year Grade B winners has entered the tournament.

Carl Gorka
19-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Great news, good work to Geelong for committing to play in the teams champs, when they will no doubt have their plate full with organising the Australian Championships for 2012 :)

Carl Gorka
19-04-2011, 08:46 PM
I currently have team lists for 15 teams (MCC 1 have entered a preliminary 4 of Rujevic, Morris, Jager, Garner with an average rating of 2215, though I guess they will add some names to that), and another 4 teams that definitely want to play but have not offered team lists, and another 2 or 3 that are yet undecided.

With the permission of CV, we are extending the deadline for entries to 1st May 2011, in order to offer teams more time to arrange player lists. We hope that this will ensure the maximum participation of teams in the 2011 Victorian teams Championship.

Lekko
19-04-2011, 09:11 PM
I currently have team lists for 15 teams (MCC 1 have entered a preliminary 4 of Rujevic, Morris, Jager, Garner with an average rating of 2215, though I guess they will add some names to that), and another 4 teams that definitely want to play but have not offered team lists, and another 2 or 3 that are yet undecided.

With the permission of CV, we are extending the deadline for entries to 1st May 2011, in order to offer teams more time to arrange player lists. We hope that this will ensure the maximum participation of teams in the 2011 Victorian teams Championship.
Good to see Rujevic playing for us! Gees just got EVEN MORE interesting at the top of the field!

ER
19-04-2011, 09:16 PM

LOL don't forget to make sure, Rujevic is encouraged to be there on time and in the right venue! :P I can't forget last year's incident vs Chris! :P

ER
19-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Also I hope the coverage this year will include all divisions and not only the top one! :lol:

Carl Gorka
19-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Good to see Rujevic playing for us! Gees just got EVEN MORE interesting at the top of the field!

Except Frank, we're in the second's on a hiding to nothing :eek:

Carl Gorka
19-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Also I hope the coverage this year will include all divisions and not only the top one! :lol:

No worries, Jak, while my team will be fighting for every half point in the top division, I will of course, be bringing much news of the lower divisions. I have many friends in those divisions who I wish to see do well, while I'd be happy for my own teams sake if the top guys perform less than satisfactorily :lol:

I will be relying on some help from captains and budding reporters to pass on news on games, matches, incidents and anecdotes though;)

ER
19-04-2011, 09:30 PM
No worries, Jak, while my team will be fighting for every half point in the top division, I will of course, be bringing much news of the lower divisions. I have many friends in those divisions who I wish to see do well, while I'd be happy for my own teams sake if the top guys perform less than satisfactorily :lol:

I will be relying on some help from captains and budding reporters to pass on news on games, matches, incidents and anecdotes though;)

No worries, I will be sending you all of the above, including pictures for the blog! :)

Carl Gorka
19-04-2011, 09:34 PM
No worries, I will be sending you all of the above, including pictures for the blog! :)

Good stuff. Thanks :)

Carl Gorka
09-05-2011, 10:32 PM
First round pairings are now available (http://gorkachc.blogspot.com/).

Paul Cavezza
10-05-2011, 12:39 AM
If anyone from MCC is looking for a team we have spaces, especially on Board 1 in my team.

Please let me know here.

Paul

Carl Gorka
12-05-2011, 11:55 AM
The tournament is shaping up very well. There will definitely be 3 divisions, though the composition of the divisions is still in a small bit of doubt.

We're getting the usual last minute glitches with some teams still not having declared their team members, while other teams seem unable to play on the opening day. In the spirit of good nature which this event should be taken, I have tried to accommodate these occurrences.

If there are any teams struggling to make it on Sunday for whatever reason, then please contact me asap and I will do all in my power to sort things out.:)

ER
12-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Finally, we' re only a few days away from the great event.
If I could suggest something for the captains discussion on Sunday is that either ALL teams should announce their line up before the round starts or NO teams should be obliged to do so!
Good luck!

Z&MLoh
12-05-2011, 07:38 PM
The tournament is shaping up very well. There will definitely be 3 divisions, though the composition of the divisions is still in a small bit of doubt.

We're getting the usual last minute glitches with some teams still not having declared their team members, while other teams seem unable to play on the opening day. In the spirit of good nature which this event should be taken, I have tried to accommodate these occurrences.

If there are any teams struggling to make it on Sunday for whatever reason, then please contact me asap and I will do all in my power to sort things out.:)
Carl,
First of all, thanks very much for doing all the organising and sending the information very early before the tournament begins. However, there should be a limit to good nature because we don't want the delay in some games to affect the organising of Round 2 of the tournament. The chess calendar in Victoria for June and July are usually busy.

Mike

Carl Gorka
12-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Finally, we' re only a few days away from the great event.
If I could suggest something for the captains discussion on Sunday is that either ALL teams should announce their line up before the round starts or NO teams should be obliged to do so!
Good luck!

Sounds like a good plan....and keep the suggestions coming :)

Carl Gorka
12-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Carl,
First of all, thanks very much for doing all the organising and sending the information very early before the tournament begins. However, there should be a limit to good nature because we don't want the delay in some games to affect the organising of Round 2 of the tournament. The chess calendar in Victoria for June and July are usually busy.

Mike

Round 2 won't be affected this year as the divisions are round robins. All fixtures will be known beforehand for the entire season. There are still teething problems, but hopefully the ground work we do now will make things run relatively smoothly in years to come.

Hopefully the captains meeting will deal with all matters and between us we can come to some sensible decisions:)

Watto
13-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Carl,
First of all, thanks very much for doing all the organising and sending the information very early before the tournament begins.
I second this. You're efforts to turn around interclub and make it a really good tournament are much appreciated, Carl.
Just one suggestion: Chess Victoria should be responsible for putting the information regarding pairings and results on their website as your blog naturally covers lots of different matters - they can devote separate pages to it and after all theirs is a dedicated Chess Victoria website and this is one of their tournaments (If CV have done this since yesterday when I last checked, good work and thanks.)

Carl Gorka
13-05-2011, 10:58 AM
I second this. You're efforts to turn around interclub and make it a really good tournament are much appreciated, Carl.
Just one suggestion: Chess Victoria should be responsible for putting the information regarding pairings and results on their website as your blog naturally covers lots of different matters - they can devote separate pages to it and after all theirs is a dedicated Chess Victoria website and this is one of their tournaments (If CV have done this since yesterday when I last checked, good work and thanks.)

Another sound suggestion. :) As I'm not a part of CV there is little I can do to remedy this, though. The pre tournament meeting on Sunday at 3.30pm at BHCC should be a time and place where all these things can be raised and worked out. I'm pretty sure there will be a CV presence at that meeting, including the CV President, webmaster and mailout's/liaison person (omg, I can't think what fludey's official title is:lol: ).

We basically have an hour to thrash out any issues before the round gets underway:)

ER
13-05-2011, 11:28 AM

In an ideal world that would be fine. As things are, let's face it, CV have neither the resources nor the personnel to keep a functional, easily navigated, informative website. You can't expect Gerrit to do everything by himself! So, as things are now, I prefer Carl's blog!
I am sure that with some help of club captains ie emailing him results, etc Carl's blog can be a great source of information as it is for MCC activities.
My other suggestion, apart from the team line-up announcements (see my previous) is for all results from all divisions to be published regularly unlike last year where we had a blatant neglect of lower rated games in favour of the highly rated ones.
I would prefer CV to concentrate on our two main events for the immediate future which are of course

The 2012 Aus Chess Championship (organised by Geelong Chess Club) and
The 2012 Aus Chess Juniors Champ (organised by Melbourne Chess Club).

Paul Cavezza
13-05-2011, 02:16 PM
My other suggestion, apart from the team line-up announcements (see my previous) is for all results from all divisions to be published regularly unlike last year where we had a blatant neglect of lower rated games in favour of the highly rated ones.

Hi Elliot,

I know Carl feels strongly about this across the board in chess and I'm sure he'll do his best to meet your suggestion.

Paul

MichaelBaron
13-05-2011, 02:35 PM
[/LIST]

I agree that its great to have all the results available. However, it would be dillusional on behalf of the lower rated players to think that their games/results are as important for the broader chess community as the games of the stronger players such as Goldenberg, Johansen etc. As this is a ''community event'' it is important that all of the results are available etc. I have no doubt that Carl (who is in my opinion one of the best tournament organisers we have in Australia :clap: ) will ensure this. But to say that all games/results are equally important is nothing but ''political correctness''. As far as publication of the ''selected games'' is concerned via the Game Viewer - I would obviously prefer to see Goldenberg-Johansen rather than say Kaplan - Renzies (unless the game has a particular twist such as a cute tactic). And no, C grade is not as important as A grade to ppl other than C grade participants. I am sure some of the stronger players will take an opportunity to respond to my post and score some ''popularity points'' by stating that unlike me they ''love looking at the C grade games'' ..but thats another story all together :)

ER
13-05-2011, 03:03 PM
I agree that its great to have all the results available. However, it would be dillusional on behalf of the lower rated players to think that their games/results are as important for the broader chess community as the games of the stronger players such as Goldenberg, Johansen etc. As this is a ''community event'' it is important that all of the results are available etc. I have no doubt that Carl (who is in my opinion one of the best tournament organisers we have in Australia :clap: ) will ensure this. But to say that all games/results are equally important is nothing but ''political correctness''. As far as publication of the ''selected games'' is concerned via the Game Viewer - I would obviously prefer to see Goldenberg-Johansen rather than say Kaplan - Renzies (unless the game has a particular twist such as a cute tactic). And no, C grade is not as important as A grade to ppl other than C grade participants. I am sure some of the stronger players will take an opportunity to respond to my post and score some ''popularity points'' by stating that unlike me they ''love looking at the C grade games'' ..but thats another story all together :)

Don't put words in my mouth. I never referred to games in my main paragraph: I referred to results only. Although, I am sure that the majority of players not being master strength or even close to 2000 or some other high rating, would prefer to see games of all strengths.
What do you care anyway? You are a no show interested to play only when you have something to gain from! :P:
So don't you dare place yourself amongst the real greats of Victorian Chess! You are just an errand (talented yes but still errand) boy amongst them, and if you change your mind and play I will make a point not even looking at your results let alone study your games! :owned:

ER
13-05-2011, 03:23 PM
And since you asked for it here you are!
MCC
01/03/2011
White Alex Kaplan
Black Elliott Renzies
Result 0-1

1. d4 Nf6 2. Nf3 e6 3. Bf4 c5 4. e3 Qb6 5. Qc1 Nc6 6. c3 cxd4 7. exd4
d6 8. Be2 Be7 9. O-O h6 10. h3 g5 11. Bh2 Bd7 12. Nbd2 d5 13. Ne5 Rc8 14. Ndf3
Bd6 15. Qe3 Ne4 16. Nxd7 Bxh2 17. Nxh2 Kxd7 18. Bf3 f5 19. Rab1 Ne7 20. Bxe4
fxe4 21. Ng4 Nf5 22. Qe2 Kc7 23. a4 Kb8 24. Ne5 Rh7 25. g4 Nh4 (25... Nxd4 26.
cxd4 Qxd4 27. Ng6 Qf6) 26. f3 exf3 27. Nxf3 Ng6 28. Qe3 Ka8 29. Ne5 Nf4 30. Nd3
Nxd3 31. Qxd3 Qc7 32. Rbe1 Rf7 33. Rxf7 Qxf7 34. Rf1 Qd7 35. Rf6 Qxa4 36. Rxe6
Qa1 37. Kg2 Qxb2 38. Kg3 Qxc3 39. Qxc3 Rxc3 40. Kf2 a5 41. Rxh6 a4 42. h4 a3
43. hxg5 Rc1 44. g6 a2 45. g7 a1=Q 46. g8=Q Ka7 47. Qxd5 Rc2 48. Kg3 Qe149.
Kf4 Qd2 50. Kf5 Qxh6 51. g5 (51. Qa5 Qa6 52. Qxa6 bxa6 53. d5 a5 54. Ke5 a4
55. d6 a3 56. d7 Rd2 57. Ke6 a2 58. d8=R Rxd8 59. Ke7) 51... Rf2 52. Kg4 Qf8
53. Qe5 (53. Qa5 Kb8 54. Qe5 Kc8 55. Qe6 Kc7 56. Qc4 Kb8) 53... Qf3 54.
Kh4 Qf4 55. Kh5 Qxe5 56. dxe5 Re2 57. g6 Rxe5 58. Kh6 b5 59. g7 Re8

0-1

MichaelBaron
13-05-2011, 03:32 PM
You are a no show interested to play only when you have something to gain from! :P:
I will make a point not even looking at your results let alone study your games! :owned:

I would not gain/lose anything from you studying/not my games...so what a way to punish me...:D

MichaelBaron
13-05-2011, 03:32 PM
You are a no show interested to play only when you have something to gain from! :P:
I will make a point not even looking at your results let alone study your games! :owned:

I would not gain/lose anything from you studying/not my games...so what a way to punish me...:D

MichaelBaron
13-05-2011, 03:34 PM
And since you asked for it here you are!
MCC
01/03/2011
White Alex Kaplan
Black Elliott Renzies
Result 0-1

1. d4 Nf6 2. Nf3 e6 3. Bf4 c5 4. e3 Qb6 5. Qc1 Nc6 6. c3 cxd4 7. exd4
d6 8. Be2 Be7 9. O-O h6 10. h3 g5 11. Bh2 Bd7 12. Nbd2 d5 13. Ne5 Rc8 14. Ndf3
Bd6 15. Qe3 Ne4 16. Nxd7 Bxh2 17. Nxh2 Kxd7 18. Bf3 f5 19. Rab1 Ne7 20. Bxe4
fxe4 21. Ng4 Nf5 22. Qe2 Kc7 23. a4 Kb8 24. Ne5 Rh7 25. g4 Nh4 (25... Nxd4 26.
cxd4 Qxd4 27. Ng6 Qf6) 26. f3 exf3 27. Nxf3 Ng6 28. Qe3 Ka8 29. Ne5 Nf4 30. Nd3
Nxd3 31. Qxd3 Qc7 32. Rbe1 Rf7 33. Rxf7 Qxf7 34. Rf1 Qd7 35. Rf6 Qxa4 36. Rxe6
Qa1 37. Kg2 Qxb2 38. Kg3 Qxc3 39. Qxc3 Rxc3 40. Kf2 a5 41. Rxh6 a4 42. h4 a3
43. hxg5 Rc1 44. g6 a2 45. g7 a1=Q 46. g8=Q Ka7 47. Qxd5 Rc2 48. Kg3 Qe149.
Kf4 Qd2 50. Kf5 Qxh6 51. g5 (51. Qa5 Qa6 52. Qxa6 bxa6 53. d5 a5 54. Ke5 a4
55. d6 a3 56. d7 Rd2 57. Ke6 a2 58. d8=R Rxd8 59. Ke7) 51... Rf2 52. Kg4 Qf8
53. Qe5 (53. Qa5 Kb8 54. Qe5 Kc8 55. Qe6 Kc7 56. Qc4 Kb8) 53... Qf3 54.
Kh4 Qf4 55. Kh5 Qxe5 56. dxe5 Re2 57. g6 Rxe5 58. Kh6 b5 59. g7 Re8

0-1

I did not ask for it...I asked to be spared the moves like 10...g5 :)

ER
13-05-2011, 03:42 PM

Repetition here, are you asking for a draw? the answer is Nyet!

I did not ask for it...I asked to be spared the moves like 10...g5 :lol:

Still you went through it! Regardless of your opinion, however, Fritz finds 10 ... g5 an OK move. So, sorry about that but I prefer Fritz's to Baron's commentary! :owned: :P

ER
13-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Hi Elliot,

I know Carl feels strongly about this across the board in chess and I'm sure he'll do his best to meet your suggestion.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I am sure he will. I am also sure that we 're all going to have a great time in this competition!

MichaelBaron
13-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Repetition here, are you asking for a draw? the answer is Nyet!

Still you went through it! Regardless of your opinion, however, Fritz finds 10 ... g5 an OK move. So, sorry about that but I prefer Fritz's to Baron's commentary! :owned: :P

Good luck, lets see how far the Fritz commentary wil take your chess :). Computers often suggest anti-positional moves.

Max Illingworth
13-05-2011, 07:47 PM
The majority of players are rated below 2000. They are one of the main reasons that tournaments go ahead at all. ;)

All results should definitely be published as quickly as possible. Publishing some results but not others is comparable to building a house without a roof.

Carl Gorka
13-05-2011, 08:02 PM
In an ideal world that would be fine. As things are, let's face it, CV have neither the resources nor the personnel to keep a functional, easily navigated, informative website. You can't expect Gerrit to do everything by himself! So, as things are now, I prefer Carl's blog!
I am sure that with some help of club captains ie emailing him results, etc Carl's blog can be a great source of information as it is for MCC activities.
I would prefer CV to concentrate on our two main events for the immediate future which are of course

The 2012 Aus Chess Championship (organised by Geelong Chess Club) and
The 2012 Aus Chess Juniors Champ (organised by Melbourne Chess Club).

Thanks JaK, I will do my best to please as many people as possible. At the moment Blogger is down and has been experiencing technical difficulties for a short while, but I will update my blog as regularly as possible, and I hope to send regular email updates out as well.:)

ER
15-05-2011, 09:26 PM
With representatives and teams from almost all Melbourne and Country Victoria Chess Clubs (with some notable exceptions) Round One of the Victorian Clubs Competion kicked off earlier this afternoon!
Tremendous success, festive atmosphere, and fierce battles!
Thanks to the organisers, thanks to the hospitality of Box Hill Chess Club, thanks to the participants!
I am sending all pictures I took to Carl Gorka - soul of and powerhouse behind this competition.
Please visit his blog for results and all related information!
http://cvteams.blogspot.com/

Z&MLoh
15-05-2011, 10:37 PM
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/mloh28/VictorianTeams/2011Round1/20110515VicTeams-4.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/mloh28/VictorianTeams/2011Round1/20110515VicTeams-9.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/mloh28/VictorianTeams/2011Round1/20110515VicTeams-7.jpg

Z&MLoh
15-05-2011, 10:41 PM
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/mloh28/VictorianTeams/2011Round1/20110515VicTeams-28.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/mloh28/VictorianTeams/2011Round1/20110515VicTeams-20.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/mloh28/VictorianTeams/2011Round1/20110515VicTeams-19.jpg

Z&MLoh
15-05-2011, 10:42 PM
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/mloh28/VictorianTeams/2011Round1/20110515VicTeams-22.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/mloh28/VictorianTeams/2011Round1/20110515VicTeams-27.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/mloh28/VictorianTeams/2011Round1/20110515VicTeams-24.jpg

Z&MLoh
15-05-2011, 10:44 PM
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/mloh28/VictorianTeams/2011Round1/20110515VicTeams-21.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/mloh28/VictorianTeams/2011Round1/20110515VicTeams-17.jpg

Carl Gorka
15-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Results, tables and more (http://cvteams.blogspot.com/2011/05/victorian-teams-championship-is.html)

ER
16-05-2011, 01:34 PM
I should also add congrats for the great effort to have all results from all divisions as well as tables and news!
Inclusion is the name of the game!
Definitely an improvement on last year!
Looking forward for round two and remaining rounds!

Carl Gorka
16-05-2011, 07:56 PM
I should also add congrats for the great effort to have all results from all divisions as well as tables and news!
Inclusion is the name of the game!
Definitely an improvement on last year!
Looking forward for round two and remaining rounds!

Thanks JaK, I think we may need to vote for the best looking table :D

Carl Gorka
20-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Due to being sick as a dog the past few days, I've been slack regarding this event. Sorry, and I'll update things over the weekend :)

Carl Gorka
24-05-2011, 10:54 PM
I have past on some information to team captain's and updated my site (http://cvteams.blogspot.com/2011/05/victorian-team-championship-2011.html). :)

Z&MLoh
24-05-2011, 11:21 PM
I have past on some information to team captain's and updated my site (http://cvteams.blogspot.com/2011/05/victorian-team-championship-2011.html). :)

What about Yarra and Dandenong in Division 2? Are they able to form teams yet?

Mike

Carl Gorka
24-05-2011, 11:26 PM
What about Yarra and Dandenong in Division 2? Are they able to form teams yet?

Mike

Yarra have a team, but I still have not been in contact with Chris Potter at Dandenong. Actually, I only got his new phone number last night. However, they have every intention of playing.

Carl Gorka
07-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Some more information (http://cvteams.blogspot.com/2011/06/june-information.html).

D Dragicevic
19-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know if any teams have played their matches so far this month.

Kerry Stead
19-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Elwood are playing their game against Canterbury Juniors this evening.

Leonid Sandler
19-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Elwood-Canterbury Juniors Chess Club match had been just completed.

Here are the board results

B.Cheng---I Goldenberg 0-1

L.Sandler--L.Mathieson draw

M.Chen--A.Sirota draw

K.Stead--A.Yu 0-1

ER
20-06-2011, 02:25 AM
Igor is back! with a bang! :) :clap:

Leonid Sandler
20-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Yes,indeed! After 6 months of absence Igor won a very nice game.

Carl Gorka
07-07-2011, 10:25 PM
A long overdue update (http://cvteams.blogspot.com/2011/07/july-2011-update.html) from me.

Carl Gorka
08-07-2011, 12:34 AM
A long overdue update (http://cvteams.blogspot.com/2011/07/july-2011-update.html) from me.

And just after sending out the updated info to team captains, a new result comes in.

Congratulations to Croydon in division 2, winning tonight against Dandenong, to pull level with Box Hill :)

Carl Gorka
31-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Another update (http://cvteams.blogspot.com/2011/07/victorian-team-championship-round-3.html).

I will try to make these weekly from now on :)

Lekko
01-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Another update (http://cvteams.blogspot.com/2011/07/victorian-team-championship-round-3.html).

I will try to make these weekly from now on :)
... Why did we forfeit... >_>

MichaelBaron
01-08-2011, 07:44 PM
... Why did we forfeit... >_>
You are the one who is asking...? :)

Lekko
11-08-2011, 02:05 AM
You are the one who is asking...? :)
No, Santa Clause wanted to know.

Adamski
11-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Igor is back! with a bang! :) :clap:
congratulations to Igor on beating young Bobby C after a long (i assume anyway) lay-off. Onwards and upwards for him!

that Caesar guy
03-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Results from today's match:

Melbourne Tigers (hehe) vs Box Hill Chess
Bold player had white.

1. Rujevic, Mirko 1-0 Bourmistrov, Denis
2. Morris, James 0.5-0.5 Hacche, David
3. Jager, Jesse 1-0 Raine, Marcus
4. Garner, David 0.5-0.5 Narenthran, Tom

Result: 3-1 win to Melbourne.

Leonid Sandler
11-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Results from today's match from the first Division.

Noble Park--Elwood

Igor Goldenberg---Dusan Stojic----draw

Domagoj Dragicevic--Leonid Sandler--- 0-1

Anatoly Sirota---John Nemeth--draw

Svetozar Stojic---Kerry Stead--- 0-1

Result: 3-1 win to Elwood

Thanks to Melbourne Chess Club for hosting our match.

One more match had been played at MCC today

Division 2

MCC-3 Team beat Geelong Chess Club-- 2,5-1,5.

Full updates will be available on CV website http://www.chessvictoria.org.au

Igor_Goldenberg
12-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Very weird game against Dusan. From pawn down with no compensation in the opening he went on to get a considerable advantage in the endgame (despite still being a pawn down!) then blundered a piece.
Despite being a piece up in the endgame, I was very lucky to escape to a draw!

Carl Gorka
15-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Division 1 update (http://cvteams.blogspot.com/2011/09/division-1-update.html)

Divisions 2 and 3 will be updated by the end of this weekend:)

that Caesar guy
05-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Results from tonight: (Player in bold was White)

Melbourne Tigers (:P) 3-1 Noble Park

Mirko Rujevic 1-0 Dusan Stojic
James Morris 1-0 Domagoj Dragicevic
Jesse Jager 1-0 John Nemeth
David Garner 0-1 Justin Tan

A very bizarre night...everybody blundered at least once :eek: (except for Rujevic: he got an opening trap in so he didn't get the chance to join the trend haha). Not the best quality chess to showcase each team's abilities :wall:

Leonid Sandler
16-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Results from today's round 4 postponed match.

Elwood-Dark Horse

Chris Wallis- Igor Goldenberg 0-1

Leonid Sandler- Eugene Schon--1-0

Karl Zelesco- Anatoly Sirota--draw

Kerry Stead-Jonathan Tang-- 1-0

Thanks for Box Hill Chess Club for organizing this fixture.

ER
24-10-2011, 01:58 PM
The interclub match vs Ballarat last Sunday was my last representing BHCC. (*)
It was great to be a part of such a great interclub team under Peter Tsai's management which was an inspiration in itself for the last two consecutive years. It was the force behind mad actions such as an actual escape from a hospital bed hours after a throat operation to travel to the other side of the city in order to play interclub! :)
My years with BHCC as a member of this great Chess organisation will always be very special to me. Real leaders such as the Club's captain Gerrit Hartland, Gladys Liu, Frank Cheng and tireless committee members such as Howard Liston from the old squad, and Tanya Krstevska and Laurence Matheson from the new blood will make sure the Club will go from strength to strength in the future.
However, priorities such as health, business and travelling arrangements have made it impossible for me to participate in Club's events on Tue and Fri nights. My only available chess day and that on a very restricted basis will be Sat so I will try my luck with only one my other clubs (the other being MCC) Noble Park CC from now on.
I wish BHCC and CJCC all the very best!
Cheers and good luck!

(*) I sealed my last appearance with a win! :)

Carl Gorka
19-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Updates to division 2 and 3 (http://cvteams.blogspot.com/)

Carl Gorka
20-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Division 1 update (http://cvteams.blogspot.com/2011/09/division-1-update.html)

Z&MLoh
22-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Result: Noble Park 2 (3-1) Yarra

Board 1: Mehmedalija Dizdarevic 1-0 Cviko Radovanovic
Board 2: Bosko Mijatovic 1-0 Milan Brkljac
Board 3: Zachary Loh 1-0 Milenko Rikalo
Board 4: Elvis Espejo 0-1 Slobodan Zoraja

Mike

Carl Gorka
22-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Result: Noble Park 2 (3-1) Yarra

Board 1: Mehmedalija Dizdarevic 1-0 Cviko Radovanovic
Board 2: Bosko Mijatovic 1-0 Milan Brkljac
Board 3: Zachary Loh 1-0 Milenko Rikalo
Board 4: Elvis Espejo 0-1 Zorada

Mike

Thanks Mike.

I've updated (http://cvteams.blogspot.com/2011/11/victorian-teams-championship-division-2.html)

Leonid Sandler
23-11-2011, 08:48 PM
The last round will take place on Sunday November 27.

Starting time 4-00 pm.

Venue---Box Hill Chess Club( 3 Rochester Road,Canterbury).

Three teams can still win( Box Hill-2,Noble Park -2 and Croydon Chess Club).

I am sure we will witness an exciting Finale!

Here are the last round pairings

Box Hill -2 ( 14 points)---- Geelong Chess Club ( 10 points)

Croydon Chess Club( 11 points)---Noble Park-2(14 points)

Dandenong Chess Club(4)--- Ballarat Chess Club(8 points)

City of Yarra Chess Club(zero points)--- Melbourne Chess Club--3( 5 points)

Spectators are welcome.

Full cross table can be viewed on Chess Victoria website http://www.chessvictoria.org.au/teamresults_div2.htm

Z&MLoh
24-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Leonid,
Will the Interclub games be submitted in time for the Dec ratings?

Mike

Leonid Sandler
25-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Congratulations to Melbourne Chess Club first Team for winning Victorian Teams Championship 2011 in division 1!

After tonight match against Box Hill Dark Horse team,MCC- 1 finished the tournament with unbeatable score ---16 points from 18.

Box Hill Darkhorse 1:3 MCC-1

Wallis, Chris 2268 0:1 Morris, James 2309
Tang, Jonathan 1844 0:1 Jager, Jessie 2209
Tan, Daniel 1847 1:0 Penrose, Justin 2042
-:+ Garner, David

The best performers in the Team were Jessi Jager and James Morris.

ER
25-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Congratulations to Melbourne Chess Club first Team for winning Victorian Teams Championship 2011 in division 1!
The best performers in the Team were Jesse Jager and James Morris.

Here is a couple of photos of the best performers! Congratulations to them and the rest of the MCC division one team!:clap:

https://picasaweb.google.com/117579133234979286240/JAMESJESSE?authkey=Gv1sRgCJHF4N_D2a7cDg#5678921393 061287266

that Caesar guy
26-11-2011, 11:10 AM
The Melbourne Tigers were just too good ;) ahaha

NRMASIFD&GKFKBBK
26-11-2011, 11:14 AM
The Melbourne Tigers were just too good ;) ahaha

Congratulations to the members of the MCC1 team on their win.

Grant Szuveges
27-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Congratulations boys!

Leonid Sandler
27-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Last round games had been played this afternoon.

Here are the results.

BHCC-2----Geelong--- 0,5-3,5(!!)

City of Yarra---MCC-3---- 1-3

Dandenong-Ballarat---1,5-2,5

Croydon---Noble Park-2----1,5-2,5

Division 2 winners----Noble Park -2 chess club( 17 points)

Congratulations for the hard fought and well deserved win!

Second place went to Box Hill Chess Club -2 team( 14 points)

On third spot---last year champions Geelong Chess Club Team( 13 points).

Other placings

4-5.Croydon CC and Ballarat Chess Club ---11 points each

6.MCC-3---- 8 points

7.Dandenong Chess Club--- 3 points

8.City Of Yarra-- 0 points.

Thank you for Box Hill Chess Club for providing the venue and yummy refreshments.

Leonid Sandler
27-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Last round results in division 1.

Box Hill Chess Club-1----Canterbury Juniors---- 1-3

Melbourne Chess Club-2----Elwood---- 1-2( and double forfeit on board 3).

Final standings

1.Melbourne Chess Club-1---- 16 points( 5 wins and 1 draw)

2.Elwood Chess Club--- 14 points( 4 wins and 2 draws).

3.Box Hill Dark Horse---9 points( 3 wins and 3 loses)

4.Canterbury Juniors---- 8 points( 2 wins,2 loses and 2 draws)

5.Noble Park Chess Club-2--- 7 points(2 wins,3 loses,1 draw)

6-7. Box Hill CC and Melbourne Chess Club-2--- 3 points each( 1 win,5 loses)

Full results will be published on CV website www.chessvictoria.org.au

Malfegor01
29-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Leonid,
Will the Interclub games be submitted in time for the Dec ratings?

Mike

So does anyone know if the Interclub games will make the Dec rating list ?

Kerry Stead
29-11-2011, 08:52 PM
So does anyone know if the Interclub games will make the Dec rating list ?
According to the rating officer, the following tournaments have been included in the December list:
Victorian Teams Championship (Division 1)
Victorian Teams Championship (Division 3)
I'm not sure if it is an oversight by the ratings officer, or if the second division has not been submitted for rating.

Bill Gletsos
29-11-2011, 08:59 PM
According to the rating officer, the following tournaments have been included in the December list:
I'm not sure if it is an oversight by the ratings officer, or if the second division has not been submitted for rating.I have received the two tournaments listed above from the CV ratings officer.

Malfegor01
29-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Kerry Stead
I'm not sure if it is an oversight by the ratings officer, or if the second division has not been submitted for rating.

I have received the two tournaments listed above from the CV ratings officer.

Thanks Kerry and Bill.
Division 2 was the one I was interested in :hmm: so will have to wait and see.

Bill Gletsos
01-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Div 2 has now been rated.

Leonid Sandler
02-12-2011, 05:38 AM
Div 2 has now been rated.

Thanks very much for your efforts Bill!