PDA

View Full Version : Chess clubs in South East area?

Batman69
27-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Hello all
Has anyone heard of a new chess club opening up soon in Melbourne's South East suburbs?
I've been looking around for somewhere near Chadstone Shopping Centre etc and heard whispers about one starting soon
Any info would be great
Cheers

Kevin Bonham
27-01-2011, 08:01 PM
See East Malvern thread at http://chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=12770 but I don't know if that's related to what you've heard or not.

Ben Draper
27-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Hey Batman69
The location is not certain and the date is more uncertain, but there are arrangements being made. They are going ahead so slowly they might be going backwards. With a bit of luck there will be something definite for you you very soon. Stay in touch.
For the sake of ordinary mortals, please leave your super powers aside when you play chess.

Ben Draper
16-02-2011, 06:57 AM
Batman69 and others
There are problems in setting up a new chess club, and the problems in this case, just now, are too big. Without being specific, and it is a long story, there are extraordinary circumstances that make it impossible now. Perhaps later, but that will not be for about eighteen months.
I have had a lot of help from some excellent people in the chess community. I thank them, for that and hope they do not think that I have let them down.
All you people who go along to your chess club, enjoy your chess and go home again, be grateful that your club is there and that there are people who run it for you. Better still, find something you can do to lighten their load and make the club better.
Sorry Batman. I will keep you up to date as we go on saving the world together.