PDA

View Full Version : This is the 1000th thread!

Alan Shore
10-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Reserved for cool people only. :owned:

Kerry Stead
10-09-2004, 05:31 PM
Reserved for cool people only. :owned:

It could be argued that because you started the thread that you could have defeated the stated purpose already! ;) :owned:

Alan Shore
10-09-2004, 05:32 PM
In your honour, here's your own personal song.

Bill: Coldplay - The Scientist
Garvin: [Beatles - Let it Be], Revamp: Avril Lavigne - Skater Boi
Kevin: Powderfinger - Rockin Rocks
Jeo: Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Californication
Starter: Barenaked Ladies - One Week
Barry: White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
Matt: Avril Lavigne - Complicated
Amiel: Black Eyes Peas - Elephunk
Bruce: Iron Maiden - Brave New World
Dave: Phil Collins - Both Sides of the Story
Kerry: Kool Keith - I Don't Believe You
Goughfather: Live - Heaven

Anyway that was pretty random... you might want to post here if you hate the song I've given you but there's been at least a few minutes of thought gone into it :)

Alan Shore
10-09-2004, 05:32 PM
It could be argued that because you started the thread that you could have defeated the stated purpose already! ;) :owned:

HOW did I guess you would be saying something along those lines Kerrence...

Kerry: Kool Keith - I don't believe you

Garvinator
10-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Garvin: Beatles - Let it Be
you should know from in person that i am not someone is a let it be person :eek:
probably skater boi from avril is more accurate ;) :cool:

Alan Shore
10-09-2004, 05:44 PM
you should know from in person that i am not someone is a let it be person :eek:
probably skater boi from avril is more accurate ;) :cool:

I was hoping to have some kind of positive influence on you but very well ;)

Garvinator
10-09-2004, 05:48 PM
would me being a let it be person be in the best interest of certain ideas ;)

Rincewind
10-09-2004, 05:51 PM

If he is listening to Avril then it is already too late. :hand:

BTW I really like white stripes. But would have been equally happy with The Pogues - Rainy Night in Soho. ;)

While were talking about music, I'm currently reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to my eldest son and just found out where the band Veruca Salt got its name.

Garvinator
10-09-2004, 06:05 PM
If he is listening to Avril then it is already too late. :hand: who said i was listening
:P

Alan Shore
10-09-2004, 06:09 PM
While were talking about music, I'm currently reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to my eldest son and just found out where the band Veruca Salt got its name.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is one of my favourites, I've seen the film about 100 times (no embellishment).

Damn, I was trying to make this funky BB poster with some of the regulars here photoshopped onto a 'Matrix' poster but MS Paint is just a pile of crap and I can't get it looking any good.

Kerry Stead
10-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Damn, I was trying to make this funky BB poster with some of the regulars here photoshopped onto a 'Matrix' poster but MS Paint is just a pile of crap and I can't get it looking any good.

One would think that to Photoshop something, sone would actually NEED Photoshop ... Of course 'Painting' something is at the very best a sub-standard alternative!

Alan Shore
10-09-2004, 06:19 PM
One would think that to Photoshop something, sone would actually NEED Photoshop ... Of course 'Painting' something is at the very best a sub-standard alternative!

I used to have Paintshop Pro but lost it in my last format.. anyone got any links to a half-decent editing program? I'd still like to do it.

Goughfather
10-09-2004, 06:20 PM
Hey, I want a song too!

arosar
10-09-2004, 06:27 PM
How did you know eye like Black Eyed Peas, Bruce? Btw, one of the guys there is a pinoy and there is a pinoy song in Elephunk too!

ATM, I am listening to Nina Simone though.

AR

Alan Shore
10-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Hey, I want a song too!

Hmm.. the malevolent side of me was thinking 'Joe Jackson - Is she really going out with him?' but.. hmm.. no :)

I think Handel's 'Messiah' might be too strong too.. ok, I've got one though.

Live - Heaven

Rincewind
10-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Hmm.. the malevolent side of me was thinking 'Joe Jackson - Is she really going out with him?' but.. hmm.. no :)

I think Handel's 'Messiah' might be too strong too.. ok, I've got one though.

Live - Heaven

How about Dusty Springfield - Son of a Preacher Man

Hey, I'm just a Tarantino tragic. ;)

Goughfather
10-09-2004, 11:25 PM
I hope that I don't get into too much trouble by suggesting "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" by the Spin Doctors for BG.

I would have actually chosen "Losing My Religion" by REM for myself. I'll leave people to work that one out for themselves.

Bill Gletsos
10-09-2004, 11:26 PM
I hope that I don't get into too much trouble by suggesting "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" by the Spin Doctors for BG.
:lol: :lol:

Obviously after my effort the other night I would suggest Witch Doctor by David Seville for DR.

Goughfather
10-09-2004, 11:36 PM
Antichrist hasn't received one yet. I vote for "Fool on the Hill" by the Beatles.

That said, I'm sure that Bill would suggest that such a song would be apt for a least a few posters on this board.

Bill Gletsos
10-09-2004, 11:53 PM
Antichrist hasn't received one yet. I vote for "Fool on the Hill" by the Beatles.

That said, I'm sure that Bill would suggest that such a song would be apt for a least a few posters on this board.
A definte contender for Matt would have to be "I'm So Stupid" by Madonna.

Bill Gletsos
11-09-2004, 01:57 AM
Bill: My Way - Frank Sinatra
Matt: Free Speech for the Dumb - Metallica
Dave: Rebel Without a Clue - Bonnie Tyler
Amiel: I Heard it Through the GrapeVine - Marvin Gaye
firegoat7: Send In the Clowns - Barbra Streisand or maybe Revolution - The Beatles
Scott Coliver: I'm a Believer - The Monkees
antichrist: Voices Inside my Head - The Police
ChessGuru: We are the Champions - Queen

All the anon trolls: Nowhere Man - The Beatles.

Cat
11-09-2004, 07:36 AM
Not a bad choice for me, thanks Bruce. Maybe Pennies from Heaven?

antichrist
11-09-2004, 01:16 PM
What has always puked me is hearing the most conformist belting out "My Way" with full gusto.

I love the Beatles by the way -- they were my era, but there was nothing original in allocating me "Fool on the hill". About a week ago I said on the BB that "This Fool on the hill" has a big grin. No prizes for...

I can relate to Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee" as I did a lot of hitch-hiking in my day, the sixties, going up and down the coast all the way to Cairns.

Strictly speaking should be My Way or Lennon's "Imagine" -- no religion to kill or die for".

But I will settle for the obvious "I am the Anti-Christ", which you were all pathetic for missing out on.

Alan Shore
11-09-2004, 01:25 PM
What has always puked me is hearing the most conformist belting out "My Way" with full gusto.

I love the Beatles by the way -- they were my era, but there was nothing original in allocating me "Fool on the hill". About a week ago I said on the BB that "This Fool on the hill" has a big grin. No prizes for...

I can relate to Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee" as I did a lot of hitch-hiking in my day, the sixties, going up and down the coast all the way to Cairns.

Strictly speaking should be My Way or Lennon's "Imagine" -- no religion to kill or die for".

But I will settle for the obvious "I am the Anti-Christ", which you were all pathetic for missing out on.

How about Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast

antichrist
11-09-2004, 01:30 PM
How about Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast

Keep going. I will have these blasted at my funeral. BTW have all you Xians updated your virginity oaths recently.

Goughfather
11-09-2004, 02:02 PM

I distinctly remember this. However, if the cap fits ...

BTW have all you Xians updated your virginity oaths recently.

I fail to understand the point of your question. Please enlighten me.

antichrist
11-09-2004, 04:42 PM
I distinctly remember this. However, if the cap fits ...

I fail to understand the point of your question. Please enlighten me.

Surely you know it is a current craze amongst Xians in US and supposedly here as a response to using condoms to control AIDS. The trouble is that more end up pregnant then they had not taken the oath.

Goughfather
11-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Surely you know it is a current craze amongst Xians in US and supposedly here as a response to using condoms to control AIDS. The trouble is that more end up pregnant then they had not taken the oath.

Ahh, so a non sequitur then? I've come to expect this from you, my dear friend.

Kevin Bonham
13-09-2004, 03:36 AM
In your honour, here's your own personal song.

Kevin: Powderfinger - Rockin Rocks

Anyway that was pretty random... you might want to post here if you hate the song I've given you but there's been at least a few minutes of thought gone into it :)

Hate it - I don't even know it, Powderfinger are far too anonymous for me to remember offhand how even one of their songs go let alone its title. JJJ fodder. Bleh.

Rincewind
13-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Hate it - I don't even know it, Powderfinger are far too anonymous for me to remember offhand how even one of their songs go let alone its title. JJJ fodder. Bleh.

They are a bit bland but D.A.F was good if you like bland. Anyone who names their song after its chords are a cut above average.

How about this as a theme...

Insurge - Political Prisoners

Alan Shore
13-09-2004, 02:15 PM

The lyrics reminded me somewhat of you KB which is why the selection was made. What's a song you like then?

Kevin Bonham
13-09-2004, 09:36 PM
The lyrics reminded me somewhat of you KB which is why the selection was made.

*quick Google search*

Interesting. Must've been the first verse that did it.

What's a song you like then?

Don't start me on that topic or I'll be here all day. I have waaaaaaaaay too many records.

ursogr8
20-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Perhaps we should give the honour for 2000 to BD?

Rhubarb
20-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Hey starter you've been doing a hell of a lot of necromancing (http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/necromancer.htm) lately. Is this to avoid tripping over 2000 yourself?

ursogr8
20-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Hey starter you've been doing a hell of a lot of necromancing (http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/necromancer.htm) lately. Is this to avoid tripping over 2000 yourself?

hi kegless

That is how it looks to you my northern-lite friend, is it?

I sit here whiling away time, and every now and then Paulie puts his head up and says 'boring!!'

I wait anxiously for Bill to post something new each day, and all I get is the little bits of the posts that he has got answers on Matt's free reign (sic).

I check the Articolo Determinato thread hourly to see if me mate a/c or his mate Baz have a new thought.

I PM noidea to ask where she is going for her next tournament.

I invite BD and Libby to chortle about Carlton's win over the Bombers; and they dawdle around as though Carlton wins every time. As if.

I read the Top v Bottom thread and see you arguing with the Duff about whether you are black or white. You need to take care your text doesn't morph into a Michael Jackson soundtrack.

And when I finally find the perfect current event, 1000 about to become 2000, you accuse me of dredging up the past.

The short answer to your question is to ask "in the past, would the election of a new POPE been allowed to linger only in the SHOUTBOX, without its own thread".

:doh: :eek: :hmm: Hey....there it is ....the lost idea....the 2000th thread belongs to the new POPE!.

Thanks, I knew it was there somewhere.

END OF THIS THREAD. :hand:

starter

Rhubarb
20-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Clearly I need to work on my complimenting skills. Don't ever change, starter. :)

P.S. I'm quite sure AC will see fit to start another Pope thread, but BD's already made 2000 a trivia thread. Still, I notice there's a bit of Pope trivia over on St Helena - maybe we could do the same here.

antichrist
20-04-2005, 10:06 PM
I had a terrific poll on who would be the new pope but it got deleted by the Sisters of Perpetual Deleticy. Kegless you were a candidate, along with Lloyd Fell and myself. Along with Germain Greer, Dame Edna etc.

I have been completely too busy lately to get involved again. Next week maybe have more time.

see you all at teams event if can find some Barbarian mates.