PDA

View Full Version : True Love Never Dies

antichrist
08-09-2004, 06:56 PM
I think true!

Rincewind
08-09-2004, 09:12 PM
I think true!

The answer is either trivially true or false and so not well-formed.

In fact the use of the term "true love" is itself a lead-in to the "No true Scotsman" style of fallacious argument is in itself worrying. ;)

But I tentatively agree with the sentiment of the last option.

Kevin Bonham
09-09-2004, 01:54 AM
This reminds me of a spat I got in on a newsgroup many years ago. Don't remember what the discussion was about, but I posted something to the effect that you really cannot know a person you have only just met is "the one" who you will be with "til death do you part". Rather, those who say so fifty years later are the lucky ones; others would have felt exactly the same way for ages then discovered later that they were wrong. Another poster then insisted that you could know, and further that he did know the same about his own girlfriend of the time, and alleged that my comment was simply motivated by bitterness caused by my own messy relationship history up to that point.

Some years later I heard that they had split up. :rolleyes:

eclectic
09-09-2004, 05:48 AM
ever lovers
never friends

:hmm:

eclectic

antichrist
09-09-2004, 02:24 PM
I have seen cases at Rookwood Cemetery (close to where I lived) where an elderly person would for years go daily and visit their former spouses gravesite. We assumed when we saw them no more that they were in there with their spouse. It is a common occurrence that when one spouse died that the other would die soon after, supposedly of a broken heart.

antichrist
31-07-2006, 07:19 PM
That's why [Alex] and Howard can't stay apart

Basil
31-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Well to be fair mate, I just sit here. He keeps chipping away and re-appearing in different incarnations. I think its quite clear he's infatuated with me. NTTAWWT

antichrist
28-05-2010, 05:54 PM
I still greatly believe in true love - for better or for worse.

I could also say that I believe in true hate - unfortunately.

antichrist
02-02-2012, 08:19 AM
when you find the special somebody who loves you for what you are and can tolerate the bits they don't like then that is what happiness is made of - Valentines day coming up so getting everybody in mood