PDA

View Full Version : Social Chess in Eltham - starts tomorrow!

Watto
07-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Northern Star Chess are organising regular Monday evening sessions of chess, starting tomorrow, Monday the 8th November:

WHERE: Eltham High School, Withers Way, Eltham, Victoria. Entry at rear of Susan Street

WHEN: Weekly sessions held on Monday evenings 7 pm - 9:30 pm

WHAT: Come and play chess! Social and friendly games

COST: $5 per session. Holder of Senior/Pension card $2 per session

All equipment is provided. Spectators and players of any age and strength are welcome!

Chess Enthusiast in charge: Jamie Cross (NSC and Croydon Chess Club's Head Junior Coach)

Tea and coffee provided.

ENQUIRIES: info@NorthernStarChess.com

For more info on the people behind Northern Star Chess, see JaK's interview with Pearl Yung here on chesschat: http://chesschat.org/showthread.php?p=292254#post292254

Carl Gorka
07-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Northern Star Chess are organising regular Monday evening sessions of chess, starting tomorrow, Monday the 8th November:

WHERE: Eltham High School, Withers Way, Eltham, Victoria. Entry at rear of Susan Street

WHEN: Weekly sessions held on Monday evenings 7 pm - 9:30 pm

WHAT: Come and play chess! Social and friendly games

COST: $5 per session. Holder of Senior/Pension card $2 per session

All equipment is provided. Spectators and players of any age and strength are welcome!

Chess Enthusiast in charge: Jamie Cross (NSC and Croydon Chess Club's Head Junior Coach)

Tea and coffee provided.

ENQUIRIES: info@NorthernStarChess.com

For more info on the people behind Northern Star Chess, see JaK's interview with Pearl Yung here on chesschat: http://chesschat.org/showthread.php?p=292254#post292254

Great effort :clap:

The more new players brought into the game the better, and a casual setting for chess is important with so many of the clubs running tournaments on every night in their calendar.

Good luck:)

Watto
08-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Great effort :clap:

The more new players brought into the game the better, and a casual setting for chess is important with so many of the clubs running tournaments on every night in their calendar.

Good luck:)
Yes, I agree with you - I'll pass those encouraging words on. :)

Watto
12-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Well, 'Social Chess in Eltham' got underway last Monday evening... :)

For more info, contact Pearl Yung at info@NorthernStarChess.com

I've also attached a flyer.

Watto
12-11-2010, 10:58 AM
A certain IM has pointed out to me that in chess the square on the right should be white... I'd just like to reassure anyone with similar concerns that it's an inverted Photoshopped image (like a negative) and the square on the right in the original photograph I took is white and the pieces nearest to us are black...

Watto
20-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Just a reminder that these are regular sessions every Monday evening. :)

antichrist
20-11-2010, 06:32 PM
A certain IM has pointed out to me that in chess the square on the right should be white... I'd just like to reassure anyone with similar concerns that it's an inverted Photoshopped image (like a negative) and the square on the right in the original photograph I took is white and the pieces nearest to us are black...

You mean it is like the Shroud of Turin or Quantum Theory where things don't appear where they actually are- which is why I feel light-headed sometimes.

Watto
24-11-2010, 11:18 AM
You mean it is like the Shroud of Turin or Quantum Theory where things don't appear where they actually are- which is why I feel light-headed sometimes.
Yep, something like that... lol