PDA

View Full Version : Hobsons Bay /Yarraville chess club news

DogLover
13-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Hello everyone,
Hobsons Bay/Yarraville chess club has a new official website -

https://sites.google.com/site/hobsonsbayyarravillechessclub/home

Please update your links.It is only a few weeks old and still under construction so don't expect too much.The former website that is listed in google will not be updated anymore.
i would like to get the new one listed with google but have had a little trouble.If anyone knows about listing google sites with search engines please
send me a private message.

Enjoy:)

ER
13-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Hello everyone,

Please update your links.It is only a few weeks old and still under construction so don't expect too much.The former website that is listed in google will not be updated anymore.
i would like to get the new one listed with google but have had a little trouble.If anyone knows about listing google sites with search engines please

Great job Peter!!! :clap:
I am sure when the new site is finished, it will be even better than the old one which was one of my favourite Chess sites anyway!
I loved the pages about the Club's history, the biographies of players and other futures which made it the lovely site it was!
Keep up the good work!
Cheers and good luck! :)
PS Nice to see you back firing with all guns! :)

DogLover
14-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Great job Peter!!! :clap:
I am sure when the new site is finished, it will be even better than the old one which was one of my favourite Chess sites anyway!
I loved the pages about the Club's history, the biographies of players and other futures which made it the lovely site it was!
Keep up the good work!
Cheers and good luck! :)
PS Nice to see you back firing with all guns! :)

Thanks JaK,
It's great to find out what people like etc. Also I agree the new site will be better ,mainly due to more members contributing to it.:)

It's so nice to be back firing with all guns, and occasionally hitting the targets!:eek:

Metro
19-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Hello everyone,

NEW Club location in Altona found at this link

Metro
23-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Congratulations to Dean Hogg ,2011 Club Champion:clap:
(7 times Champion)

DogLover
23-11-2011, 11:34 PM
A well deserved title by Dean as he is currently the best player at HBCC (possibly apart from Nathan Hibberd) and playing like it too.:clap:

Young Nathan Hibberd won in the reserves and was clearly the best player in that tournament.It is going to be very hard to stop him in the club championship next year if he chooses to play in it.:clap:

Details coming soon.

ER
24-11-2011, 10:46 AM
A well deserved title by Dean as he is currently the best player at HBCC (possibly apart from Nathan Hibberd) and playing like it too.:clap:

Young Nathan Hibberd won in the reserves and was clearly the best player in that tournament.It is going to be very hard to stop him in the club championship next year if he chooses to play in it.:clap:

Details coming soon.

Indeed a well deserved victory Deano! Congratulations mate! :clap: I wish the Pies were are successful as you! (Well they may attract a few more fans in their games! :P :owned: )

Peter, you are doing a great job with the website! :clap: Keep up the good work! :) Also, chesswise your performance in the Club's Championship was more than impressive! Going through it undefeated isn't a mean feat! I was expecting a better performance by Tony though!

Anyway guys cheers and good luck to all! Looks like the club's getting better and better and that moving venues didn't have a negative effect at all!

DogLover
24-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Thanks Jak,I am happy with my chess performance this year.:P Tony Davis has had some great results outside HBCC this year winning prizes in a few weekenders and even beating FM Bobby Cheng :eek: .Unfortunately at HBCC he has been copping a hiding from every man and his dog recently,so maybe weeknights aren't the best time for him to play chess.It doesn't stop him from coming back to the club again and again and enjoying himself:)

NRMASIFD&GKFKBBK
24-11-2011, 07:54 PM

Details coming soon.

Nathan Hibberd may be an up-and-comer, but he'll still need some improvement to be on par with deanhogg (Dean Hogg).

Also Doglover (aka Peter Wolf) you shouldn't disregard your own chances or those of Chigoresov (aka Tony Davis) next year.

Metro
29-11-2011, 06:40 PM

Details coming soon.

Final SCORES:

Dean Hogg 6.5
Peter Wolf 6
Steve Hogan 4
Goran Veljanovski 4
Tony Davis 3.5
Chris Mullen 2
Tony Ramos 2

MichaelBaron
29-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Final SCORES:

Dean Hogg 6.5
Peter Wolf 6
Steve Hogan 4
Goran Veljanovski 4
Tony Davis 3.5
Chris Mullen 2
Tony Ramos 2
Congratulations to Dean on scoring 6.5/7~! :)

DogLover
30-11-2011, 12:24 AM
The Hobsons Bay /Yarraville chess club has been renamed to the Hobsons Bay Chess Club.The club has been changing venue a fair bit so it was decided at tonights AGM to give it a more general name.

On another note , senior membership has been declining with only 19 members in 2011.It would be great if we could get a few more members so if you live in the Western suburbs of Melbourne and want to play regular competitive chess then please visit us.The club is located in Altona,more details on the website below.

https://sites.google.com/site/hobsonsbayyarravillechessclub/