PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Events

ER
05-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Any information about dates and venue of the following 2011 tournaments which I am interested to participate in or visit during please?
Even a rough estimation will do. I know it's a tad early, but I have to schedule ahead due to other commitments and oblications!
SIO
GOLD COAST OPEN
SURFERS PARADISE OPEN
AUS DAY WEEKENDER (NSW) (I know the date and 99% the venue for this one, I just want to make sure):)
These are not the only tournaments I am interested to play or visit during 2011, but their timing is very important for me to plan ahead. Thanks! :)

Garrett
05-10-2010, 09:15 AM
yes I am also interested in the SIO in colorful Parramatta !

Desmond
05-10-2010, 09:37 AM
JaK I believe the Qld calendar is generally locked in in early December. Having said that, more often that not the events run on the same weekend each year, but check with the individual event organisers for their intentions.

Bill Gletsos
05-10-2010, 10:34 AM
yes I am also interested in the SIO in colorful Parramatta !I believe the dates are 27th April - 1st May.

Bill Gletsos
05-10-2010, 10:36 AM
I would expect the NSWCA Australia Day Weekender to be on 22nd-23rd January.

Kings of chess
05-10-2010, 03:50 PM
JaK I believe the Qld calendar is generally locked in in early December. Having said that, more often that not the events run on the same weekend each year, but check with the individual event organisers for their intentions.

2011 Gold Coast International Chess Festival including:
2011 Surfers Paradise Open is scheduled from 26-30 December 2011.
This time no changes to the dates.

ER
05-10-2010, 05:19 PM
2011 Gold Coast International Chess Festival including:
2011 Surfers Paradise Open is scheduled from 26-30 December 2011.
This time no changes to the dates.

I would expect the NSWCA Australia Day Weekender to be on 22nd-23rd January.

and

I believe the dates are 27th April - 1st May.

Thank you all for this is very helpful for me!

If organisers of SA and Tasmanian events can provide some rough estimations about dates of their main events, it will be greatly appreciated!

Brian_Jones
06-10-2010, 02:12 PM
www.oceaniachess.com

Kevin Bonham
06-10-2010, 02:20 PM
If organisers of SA and Tasmanian events can provide some rough estimations about dates of their main events, it will be greatly appreciated!

Probably something like the following for Tas (but these are again rough estimations!)

Tas Champs Labour Day long weekend (March) Launceston
Tas Open Queens Birthday long weekend (June) Hobart
Burnie Shines late October Burnie
Hobart Weekender possibly mid August Hobart
Launceston Cup possibly late Jan - early Feb Launceston

ER
06-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Probably something like the following for Tas (but these are again rough estimations!)

Tas Champs Labour Day long weekend (March) Launceston
Tas Open Queens Birthday long weekend (June) Hobart
Burnie Shines late October Burnie
Hobart Weekender possibly mid August Hobart
Launceston Cup possibly late Jan - early Feb Launceston

www.oceaniachess.com

Thanks Kevin and Brian, much appreciated! :)