PDA

View Full Version : Director of Play of Children's Tournaments

Allan Menham
15-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Just a query.

Is it necessary for a Director of Play/Arbiter of a Tournament ,where there are children participating, to have a blue card? Just wondering:(

ER
15-07-2010, 03:59 PM
To be on the safe side I would say yes! That's strictly my personal opinion though. I am sure people who know the rules and regulations would provide you with the correct answer!
:clap: for this very important question!

Allan Menham
15-07-2010, 04:03 PM
I think it is a very important question!!

ER
15-07-2010, 04:11 PM
I think it is a very important question!!

I think that's what I said too in the first place! :)

:clap: for this very important question!

Kevin Bonham
15-07-2010, 04:12 PM
I think this would vary by state and suggest checking requirements for each state.

Garvinator
15-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Regulated Employment - Volunteers and trainee students
Churches, clubs and associations involving children

Volunteers and trainee students need a blue card if their work or practical placement within a church, club, association or similar entity includes, or is likely to include:

* providing services that are directed mainly towards children; or
* conducting activities that mainly involve children

unless an exemption applies.

Examples of people who need a blue card under this category

* Volunteer coaches for children at sporting or recreational clubs
* Volunteers conducting children’s activities at churches
* Parents volunteering in an official capacity on a club’s committee, even if their child is a member of that club
* Trainee students doing placements in a church, club or association as part of their studies with an education provider.

Exemptions

Volunteers and trainee students are exempt under this category and do not need a blue card if they are:

* a volunteer parent of a child who receives the same or similar services, or participates in the same or similar activities, to those that the person provides at the church, club or association (note – volunteer parents should speak to the volunteer coordinator of the organisation they intend to volunteer for about the nature of the child-related activities they will be involved in, and whether they differ from the activities in which their child participates); or
* a volunteer guest of a school or recognised body and are:
o observing or supplying information or entertainment to ten or more people; and
o the activity is for ten days or less on no more than two occasions per year; and
o unlikely to be physically present with a child without another adult being present; or
* a volunteer at a national or state event organised by a school or recognised body:
o for a sporting, cultural or skill based activity; and
o the event is attended by more than one hundred people; and
o the work is for ten days or less on no more than two occasions per year; and
o are unlikely to be physically present with a child without another adult being present; or
* a child under 18 years of age, unless they are a trainee student doing a practical placement as part of their studies with an education provider.

Volunteers and trainee students are also exempt under this category if the work they are doing with children and young people relates to their function as a registered health practitioner.

ER
15-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Great Information thanks Garv