PDA

View Full Version : Looking for NSW 1993 HSC Math Ext 1

Rincewind
03-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Does anyone have a copy of this paper? I'm really interesting in Question 7 part (b). If anyone has access to it I'd be very grateful for a scan of the relevant page or is someone has the time to write it in a post. I've checked the Board of Studies website but unfortunately they only go back to 1995. :(

ToRnaDo
03-09-2004, 09:57 PM
hey Barry...i do have that paper and solution as well

I will scan or post up here for u next week since i finished HSC age ago...couldnt remember where i left all the HSC books :eek:

Rincewind
03-09-2004, 10:32 PM
hey Barry...i do have that paper and solution as well

I will scan or post up here for u next week since i finished HSC age ago...couldnt remember where i left all the HSC books :eek:

ToRnaDo,

Thanks for that. If you could post it before Wednesday morning it would be ideal. I would really like to have a look at it before Wednesday afternoon, if possible. But don't go to too much trouble. Worst case is I have to wing it. ;)

ToRnaDo
06-09-2004, 11:00 AM
hey i just scan Q7+answer

:owned: however the file is too large...can u give me ur email address??? i will send it to u

Cheer

Rincewind
06-09-2004, 04:23 PM
hey i just scan Q7+answer

:owned: however the file is too large...can u give me ur email address??? i will send it to u

Thanks, check your Private Messages.

ToRnaDo
06-09-2004, 06:49 PM
Done :owned:

Rincewind
06-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Done :owned:

Ta very much.

By the way, I hope you didn't rely too much on the second solution of 7(b)(iii) in your HSC days. It is flawed. The proof offered incorrectly equates theta with tan(theta) and then basically continues using the same reasoning as for solution #1. They are just "lucky" that pi/4 is less than 1 or else they proof would collapse.

If you are going to use it or pass it on to anyone else to use I would recommend crossing out everything after the large OR on the third last line of the first column on the last page and the whole last column.

But thanks again for sending me that question, it was most helpful (as were the solutions).