PDA

View Full Version : FIDE Rated Events in Sydney/NSW?

vohne
18-05-2010, 02:12 AM
I was just wondering, aside from the NSW Open this June, are there other FIDE rated events around the corner in Sydney? or even in the greater NSW?

Much Thanks.

Adamski
18-05-2010, 10:46 PM
I was just wondering, aside from the NSW Open this June, are there other FIDE rated events around the corner in Sydney? or even in the greater NSW?

Much Thanks.

Hi there,
norths' Ford Memorial is FIDE rated . It occurs on Tuesday nights over the period from Aug - Dec. Others that may be FIDE rated include Ryde Eastwood Open (Bill Gletsos would know if it is) on weekend of 2-4 Oct and maybe Gosford Open, 16-17 Oct. May be others. Check NSWCA web site too.

Trent Parker
20-05-2010, 02:14 AM
Ford memorial may be and the NSW Open is but the Ryde eastwood weekender and gosford are not as they do not have the longer time controls required for fide rating. (1hr+10 sec is not long enough for fide rating.)

vohne
22-05-2010, 02:46 PM
thanks for the information guys. Since there arent a lot of FIDE rated events this year, I will definitely be playing in the NSW open then even if it is in the middle of my exams -_- I will look into both of them as the information comes out.