PDA

View Full Version : George Xie for GM!!!

Rhubarb
10-05-2010, 11:59 AM
This thread is dedicated to celebrating George's three GM norms and making sure he gets to 2500 and the ACF follows up on it. :)

pax
10-05-2010, 12:06 PM
It's extraordinary to think that after all those years of being stuck at two GMs, Australia could go to the next Olympiad with four GMs not even including the retired Ian Rogers.

Igor_Goldenberg
10-05-2010, 01:07 PM
I think George needs one or two good tournament to get there. He is already constantly playing above 2500 level.
Couple of FIDE rated weekenders must be sufficient.

MichaelBaron
10-05-2010, 03:50 PM
if only he would not play in SIO (he was tired after Canberra I guess) he would be even closer to the 2500. I really hope he gets there this year!

black
11-05-2010, 11:06 AM
It's nice to see George doing well. The rating will get there.

George Xie
13-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Firstly, I would like to thank Greg for posting such wonderful thread.

Recently, I saw there are some arguments about my belief in this thread, even though they have been removed. Still I want to make my personal attitude clear.

1. I never intend to using God to achieve what I want, rather, the truth faith is the opposite, which is let God using you to achieve what he wants.

2. Chess is a hobby for me, and that is why I never felt too distressed when I lost to someone in chess.

3. I am just an ordinary human being; sometime I also have questions about God. But my doubt about God cannot bring any good; therefore, I stop doubt and continue to put my trust in the ex-ordinary God.

Have a nice day,

IM George Xie

ER
13-05-2010, 02:26 PM

Recently, I saw there are some arguments about my belief in this thread, even though they have been removed. Still I want to make my personal attitude clear.

1. I never intend to using God to achieve what I want, rather, the truth faith is the opposite, which is let God using you to achieve what he wants.

2. Chess is a hobby for me, and that is why I never felt too distressed when I lost to someone in chess.

3. I am just an ordinary human being; sometime I also have questions about God. But my doubt about God cannot bring any good; therefore, I stop doubt and continue to put my trust in the ex-ordinary God.

Have a nice day,

IM George Xie

Thanks George, inspirational thoughts indeed particularly for the younger people! GM or no GM you are a real champ! :clap:

Igor_Goldenberg
13-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Thanks George, inspirational thoughts indeed particularly to the younger people! GM or no GM you are a real champ! :clap:
I'll bet GM by the end of the year.

ER
13-05-2010, 04:12 PM
I'll bet GM by the end of the year.
I hope so too! :)

Tony Dowden
13-05-2010, 07:07 PM

Have a nice day,

IM George Xie

Very well put George :clap: :clap:

Thunderspirit
13-05-2010, 09:44 PM
It's extraordinary to think that after all those years of being stuck at two GMs, Australia could go to the next Olympiad with four GMs not even including the retired Ian Rogers.

Okay...

Zhao, Smerdon, Xie (assuming he gets to 2500) - Good luck George. Who is the 4th non Rogers GM??

Kevin Bonham
13-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Zhao, Smerdon, Xie (assuming he gets to 2500) - Good luck George. Who is the 4th non Rogers GM??

Darryl Johansen, presumably.

Thunderspirit
13-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Darryl Johansen, presumably.

OMG, I'm so sorry Darryl.:wall: :doh: :eek:

Adamski
13-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Very well put George :clap: :clap:
Ditto from me, George! Your faith and your success are both an inspiration to me.

ER
14-05-2010, 12:23 PM
OMG, I'm so sorry Darryl.:wall: :doh: :eek:

Obviously you 're not a Victorian!!! :P How are you mate? How's everyone in Sydney, hopefully I 'll see you soon again! :)

antichrist
14-05-2010, 06:04 PM
George, the comments you mention was paraphasing Ian Rogers column of maybe last week or week before, so if you want to read original go to Byron Echo newspaper on web.