PDA

View Full Version : My Ten Favourite Australian Politicians

ER
08-05-2010, 08:53 PM
The following are my favoutire Australian politicians from Federation to present. My criteria included factors other than politics as well.

Sir Robert Menzies
Don Chipp
Gough Whitlam
Gareth Evans (*)
Dr Herbert Evatt
Julia Gillard
Carmen Lawrence
Peter Costello
Bob Hawke
Alfred Deakin
(*) Beat Sir James Killen by a whisker!

Sir Cromulent Sparkles
09-05-2010, 02:36 PM
sue walker (ex wa liberals/independent )
tony abbott
wilson tuckey
alexander downer
mark latham
troy buswell (current wa liberals)
gareth evans
stephen fielding
joan kirner
brendon grylls (current wa nationals)

heres a youtube clip with stephen fielding dressed as a beer bottle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5jm3Bx752I&feature=related

Basil
09-05-2010, 05:16 PM
My criteria included factors other than politics as well.
With that list, there'd have to be ;)

ER
09-05-2010, 05:23 PM
With that list, there'd have to be ;)
lol I was expecting that in a much less lenient form! :P

tony abbott
wilson tuckey
They were both included in my final 20 along with Sir Joh, Sir Henry Bolte, Bob Santamaria and others!
To someone (not a chatter here) who suggested Al Grasby and Dr Jim Cairns, thanks but no thanks!

antichrist
18-05-2010, 06:16 PM
The following are my favoutire Australian politicians from Federation to present. My criteria included factors other than politics as well.

Sir Robert Menzies
Don Chipp
Gough Whitlam
Gareth Evans (*)
Dr Herbert Evatt
Julia Gillard
Carmen Lawrence
Peter Costello
Bob Hawke
Alfred Deakin
(*) Beat Sir James Killen by a whisker!

Killen was only a hot bag of wind - what sensible thing did he do? Wasn't he one of the defense ministers during Vietnam War era - that means he has Aussie and Vietnamese blood on his hands.

Gareth Evans has the distinction of condoning possible use of US nuke weapons during first Iraqi invasion when Iraqi was no where next to US! And now the ruddy hyprocrite is on that nuke disarmament committee - what bunch of fools they take us for.

Hawke sold his soul out to Israel - completely over the top.

Also he crawled up to the business mob when head of Labor Party.

Gillard's accent is terrible and is no way intellectual - I can't bear to listen to her, same goes for Pauline Hanson.

Herb Evatt was partly responsible for setting up state of Israel - and it was a controversial decision in its time as well and totally unsustainable.

I could put handful of other politicians ahead of many others you choose - but I appreciate your effort.

Why not Rex O'Connor who tried to buy the farm back on cheap interest so that massive profits would remain in Aussie.

Tom Uren who tried to develop proper cities, infrastructure and regionalism.

Even Hayden who was instrumental in getting Medicare across the line.

Murphy who simplified divorce laws instead of stupid charades and being very expensive as well.

Chipp did not do anythng real special. Only could not make up his mind what side of the divide he was on. And he only left the Libs when he was left out of a cabinet position or something like that.

And what about our wartime Labors who even stayed in humble hotels as an example for the country and to save money for the country.

Pig Iron Bob Menzies sold iron to Japs to kill Aussie soldiers to - and he was warned against it at the time.

Jack Lang would not pay the Brits back during Great Depression coz it would mean NSW people starving.

Hatton of NSW was a champ who fought against corruption the whole time.

Bob Brown is another champion, remember when he tried to present that petition to stupid GW Bush and got tackled for his effort. He should have taken out a PVO against those who rumbled him.

Jack Mundey may have stood for the comms - he was a true Aussie hero.