PDA

View Full Version : MCC ANZAC Day Weekender!

Grant Szuveges
04-03-2010, 01:33 PM
MELBOURNE CHESS CLUB
ANZAC DAY WEEKENDER

A FIDE rated event.

Guaranteed Prize Money!
$500 First prize!

When: Saturday April 24th to Monday April 26th.

Where: Melbourne Chess Club, 66 Leicester St. Fitzroy.

Format: 7 round Swiss.

Timetable: Round 1: Saturday April 24, 2pm
Round 2: Saturday April 24, 7pm
Round 3: Sunday April 25, 10am
Round 4: Sunday April 25, 2pm
Round 5: Sunday April 25, 7pm
Round 6: Monday April 26, 10am
Round 7: Monday April 26, 3pm

Time controls: 90 min + 30 seconds per move.

Grand Prix: Catagory 2

Prizes: The following prizes are guaranteed:
1st, $500
2nd, $300
3rd, $200
Rating prizes totaling $300

Rating: The event will be FIDE and ACF rated.

Arbiter: David Stimson

Pairings: Pairings will be done with Swissperfect

Parking: For advice on parking, please contact Grant Szuveges 0401-925-075.

Entry Fees: $65 full and $55 concession ($10 discount for MCC members) *note this is $10 more than advertised on the calendar

Enquires: For any questions, please contact Grant Szuveges on 0401-925-075 or via email: grantszuveges@gmail.com

Grant Szuveges
04-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Dear chess players

At the beginning of 2010, the MCC committee distributed surveys asking players what sort of tournaments they were interested in playing in and what type of tournaments the MCC was running well or badly and what could be improved about tournaments at MCC.

We put out the same surveys at the start of 2009 and the overwhelming majority of people who filled them out wanted the return of the MCC Saturday Allegro. This is why we have promoted that event so heavily over the past year. The allegro is now firmly entrenched as a great tournament which anyone is welcome to play in.

The results of this years surveys however, have been rather different. While people are still happy with our allegro, our Monday evening events and our Cup Weekender, a large number of people considered our smaller weekenders to be not up to expected standards - with the Australia Day weekender a low point...

In order to provide what the punters want, the MCC is giving its smaller weekenders special attention this year (in the way we gave the allegro special attention last year) so that they can grow and flourish into events which most players want to play in.

The following changes have been put in place so that our ANZAC Day Weekender has every chance of success:

1. The event will be FIDE rated. (last year it was only ACF rated)

2. The event will be a Catagory 2 Grand Prix Event. (last year it was Cat 1)

3. The first 3 prizes are guaranteed - $500 first, $300 second and $200 third. (last year the prize pool was significantly lower)

4. The event will be 7 rounds. (last year it was 5 rounds)

5. The pairings will be done using Swissperfect. (last year they were done manually)

6. The event is being promoted nearly 2 months in advance in order to secure a maximum attendence. (last year things were not so well organised)

7. The allegro will not be run on the ANZAC Day weekend, so the weekender will have the centre stage. (last year both events ran at once)

These changes have been made because they reflect the things that the people who filled out our surveys felt were important when participating in a weekend chess tournament. We have tried to please a much larger section of the chess public through these changes.

However, this tournament will only become a great tournament, and a permanent fixture on the Australian chess calendar if people actually support the event and play in it. The MCC has done its bit by making changes that you, the chess playing public asked for. We now ask all of you to support this event and seriously consider playing in it.

I hope to start a list of confirmed entries in the next few days. I would love to see all of your names on it!

Grant Szuveges, MCC President

mikesguns
04-03-2010, 02:13 PM
I am definitely playing in this tournament

MichaelBaron
04-03-2010, 02:50 PM
7. The allegro will not be run on the ANZAC Day weekend, so the weekender will have the centre stage. (last year both events ran at once)

Many of the allegro players do not play tournaments with longer time limits. Furthermore, some people have to work during public holidays (myself included) so they will not be able to participate in the weekender anyhow.

Nobody disputes center stage of the ANZAC weekender (it is promising to be a great event) but its a pity there will be no Allegro :(

SHump
05-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Grant, I appreciate that you have listened to the survey responses and made changes accordingly. Well done. I hope the event is a success.

Watto
05-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Great stuff, Grant. Once a flyer is ready, I’ll distribute it at Croydon.

About the allegro, whilst the regulars might be sad to miss out for one week, my feeling is that this way the club is able to completely focus on running our weekenders properly; there’s a lot of work involved in doing that. From a quick glance at the lists of players, I’d estimate at least two thirds of the allegro players do play in regular tournaments and from my observations, the allegro has taken away some of the life force of the weekenders it has run alongside: The focus of the MCC organisers is split, the focus of the members, players and spectators is split, the room which traditionally has the top boards is taken away from the weekender etc.
If the MCC can build up its weekenders so they are well run and well supported then we could consider having a mini allegro during a break in play but for now I’m all for focussing solely on the weekender and seeing where that takes us.

Grant Szuveges
05-03-2010, 10:00 AM
I am definitely playing in this tournament

Michael,

Can I put your name down as the first official entry? Id like to get the list started asap

Grant Szuveges
05-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Great stuff, Grant. Once a flyer is ready, Iíll distribute it at Croydon.

About the allegro, whilst the regulars might be sad to miss out for one week, my feeling is that this way the club is able to completely focus on running our weekenders properly; thereís a lot of work involved in doing that. From a quick glance at the lists of players, Iíd estimate at least two thirds of the allegro players do play in regular tournaments and from my observations, the allegro has taken away some of the life force of the weekenders it has run alongside.

The focus of the MCC organisers is split, the focus of the members, players and spectators is split, the room which traditionally has the top boards is taken away from the weekender etc. If the MCC can build up its weekenders so they are well run and well supported then we could consider having a mini allegro during a break in play but for now Iím all for focussing solely on the weekender and seeing where that takes us.

Jean,

What you have said represents the exact feeling of the MCC committee. We all need to get on board with this tournament (and our other smaller weekenders) so that we can provide a good environment for all chess players to play in - not just the ones who like the quick time controls.

That said, we are still taking our allegro extremely seriously and hope that it continues to grow and prosper. We still havnt had a field of 40 for the allegro yet but we have come very close several times.

Ive sent you, and many other people an ANZAC Day weekender flyer via email. You can use that one if you like, or pick one up next time you are at MCC.

Grant Szuveges
05-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Many of the allegro players do not play tournaments with longer time limits. Furthermore, some people have to work during public holidays (myself included) so they will not be able to participate in the weekender anyhow.

Nobody disputes center stage of the ANZAC weekender (it is promising to be a great event) but its a pity there will be no Allegro :(

I agree that its a pity that there will be no allegro that weekend, but we need to run the club in a balanced manner and give all players the opportunity to feel that their favourite types of chess are taken seriously.

This will only affect the allegro for 4 weekends per year, meaning that MCC will still run 48 allegros for players to play in if they wish. The allegro players are getting their fair share of the pie I think.

Watto
05-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Ive sent you, and many other people an ANZAC Day weekender flyer via email. You can use that one if you like, or pick one up next time you are at MCC.
Ah, thanks. I havenít had a chance to look at my email properly.

mikesguns
05-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Michael,

Can I put your name down as the first official entry? Id like to get the list started asap
Yes

MichaelBaron
05-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Jean,

What you have said represents the exact feeling of the MCC committee. We all need to get on board with this tournament (and our other smaller weekenders) so that we can provide a good environment for all chess players to play in - not just the ones who like the quick time controls.

That said, we are still taking our allegro extremely seriously and hope that it continues to grow and prosper. We still havnt had a field of 40 for the allegro yet but we have come very close several times.

Okie, if the committee feels that having no allegro improves environment for the weekenders - lets have no allegro :) (even though, I still do not see the connection between the two to be honest). Hopefully, T. Toshevsky, B, Toshevsky, Krunic and other 'strictly allegro'' players will take this opportunity to play in a bigger event.

Lekko
05-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Okie, if the committee feels that having no allegro improves environment for the weekenders - lets have no allegro :) (even though, I still do not see the connection between the two to be honest). Hopefully, T. Toshevsky, B, Toshevsky, Krunic and other 'strictly allegro'' players will take this opportunity to play in a bigger event.

I hope that's not how you spelled their names on the rating cards..

Tosevski*

MichaelBaron
05-03-2010, 04:53 PM
I hope that's not how you spelled their names on the rating cards..

Tosevski*
Frank, you are running it tomorrow...so hope you type them in correctly ;)

Lekko
05-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Frank, you are running it tomorrow...so hope you type them in correctly ;)
That hasn't seemed to be a problem.

And why am I doing it >_> I want to play without distraction as well.

Grant Szuveges
05-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Two people have entered so far:

Michael ADDAMO
Tristan RAYSON - HILL

Get your entries in early so that we can keep adding to this list!

MichaelBaron
05-03-2010, 11:58 PM
That hasn't seemed to be a problem.

And why am I doing it >_> I want to play without distraction as well.
so get your computer to do it :). Also, distractions can provide a good excuse should endgame similar to the one you had against D. Lindberg arise :)

Lekko
06-03-2010, 06:45 AM
so get your computer to do it :). Also, distractions can provide a good excuse should endgame similar to the one you had against D. Lindberg arise :)
I don't want excuses, I want to be winning them.

And even if my computer does do it, you've seen over the past few weeks that I have had a lot of work to do changing the computer's pairings because of errors in the results that other people have put in.

I even had to fix some of your errors last week!

MichaelBaron
06-03-2010, 08:28 AM
I don't want excuses, I want to be winning them.

I even had to fix some of your errors last week!

see....its easier if you do it...then there will be no errors :)

Winning them ....good luck :lol:

Grant Szuveges
07-03-2010, 11:53 PM
The latest list of entries is as follows (in alphabetical order):

ADDAMO, Michael
KOLAK, Chris
LEKKAS, Frank
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
WARREN, Elizabeth

Please get your entries in early so that we can add to the list! Dont forget about the $500 first prize... You cant win it if you dont play!

Lekko
08-03-2010, 01:30 AM
The latest list of entries is as follows (in alphabetical order):

ADDAMO, Michael
KOLAK, Chris
LEKKAS, Frank
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
WARREN, Elizabeth

Please get your entries in early so that we can add to the list! Dont forget about the $500 first prize... You cant win it if you dont play!

Kolak's playing? Nice!

Grant Szuveges
09-03-2010, 08:16 PM
ADDAMO, Michael
KOLAK, Chris
LEKKAS, Frank
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
WALLMUELLER, Joerg
WALLMUELLER, Peter
WARREN, Elizabeth

Grant Szuveges
10-03-2010, 01:21 PM
ADDAMO, Michael
KOLAK, Chris
LEKKAS, Frank
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
TAN, Justin
TAN, Kai
WALLMUELLER, Joerg
WALLMUELLER, Peter
WARREN, Elizabeth
ZELESCO, Karl

Mtanner
10-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Could you put me down for an official entry? thanks

Grant Szuveges
12-03-2010, 08:21 PM
ADDAMO, Michael
KOLAK, Chris
LEKKAS, Frank
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
TAN, Justin
TAN, Kai
TANNER, Michael
WALLMUELLER, Joerg
WALLMUELLER, Peter
WARREN, Elizabeth
ZELESCO, Karl

Grant Szuveges
12-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Great news with the first of the big guns confirming their entry. MCC Cup Weekender winner FM Erik Teichmann is now a confirmed starter!

ADDAMO, Michael
KOLAK, Chris
LEKKAS, Frank
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
TAN, Justin
TAN, Kai
TANNER, Michael
TEICHMANN, Erik (FM)
WALLMUELLER, Joerg
WALLMUELLER, Peter
WARREN, Elizabeth
ZELESCO, Karl

Grant Szuveges
16-03-2010, 09:26 PM
ADDAMO, Michael
KOLAK, Chris
KOSTRZEWA, Jake
LEKKAS, Frank
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
TAN, Justin
TAN, Kai
TANNER, Michael
TEICHMANN, Erik (FM)
WALLMUELLER, Joerg
WALLMUELLER, Peter
WARREN, Elizabeth
WIJESURIYA, Vineetha
ZELESCO, Karl

Grant Szuveges
20-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Here is the latest list of entries...

ADDAMO, Michael
FRAYLE, Ben
GAMAGE, Thamala
KOLAK, Chris
KOSTRZEWA, Jake
LEKKAS, Frank
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
SIMON, Endre
TAN, Justin
TAN, Kai
TANNER, Michael
TEICHMANN, Erik (FM)
WALLMUELLER, Joerg
WALLMUELLER, Peter
WARREN, Elizabeth
WIJESURIYA, Vineetha
ZELESCO, Karl

BrendanNorman
20-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Looks like a good tournament.... Damn, Melbourne seems to be where the good chess is at...:clap:

MichaelBaron
21-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Looks like a good tournament.... Damn, Melbourne seems to be where the good chess is at...:clap:

MCC is where good chess is at!

lost
22-03-2010, 10:31 AM
MCC is where good chess is at!

Hi Grant,

I am thinking of playing in this tournament, but I need to know is there any chance of getting a bye for round 6 at all?

Also the second question is, can players take half point byes and up until what round?

lost

Lekko
22-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Hi Grant,

I am thinking of playing in this tournament, but I need to know is there any chance of getting a bye for round 6 at all?

Also the second question is, can players take half point byes and up until what round?

lost
From memory, you can take half point byes in each except the last two rounds? Don't hold me to that though.

Carl Gorka
23-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Up to 2 half point byes are allowed in any of rounds 1-5.

Grant Szuveges
23-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Hi Grant,

lost

As Carl (fireater) said, half point byes are allowed in rounds 1 to 5. Therefore, you could have a bye in round 6, but you wouldnt get any points for it. There is no problem with this though.

Lekko
23-03-2010, 10:21 PM
As Carl (fireater) said, half point byes are allowed in rounds 1 to 5. Therefore, you could have a bye in round 6, but you wouldnt get any points for it. There is no problem with this though.
Pretty much defeating the purpose of having a bye :p

lost
24-03-2010, 09:22 AM

That will be ok. I will let you know closer to the date with my entry ok.

lost

Desmond
24-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Pretty much defeating the purpose of having a bye :p
I didn't realise that the purpose of a bye was to collect half a point.

Lekko
25-03-2010, 01:00 AM
I didn't realise that the purpose of a bye was to collect half a point.
Or you could just let them know that you won't be turning up and collect 0.

I'd prefer the 1/2 point though :)

Desmond
25-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Or you could just let them know that you won't be turning up and collect 0.

I'd prefer the 1/2 point though :)I agree with you. Notification should be sufficient. Having to get "approval" is a weird concept.

Grant Szuveges
05-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Here is the latest list of entries...

ADDAMO, Michael
FEAIN, Damien
FRAYLE, Ben
GAMAGE, Thamala
KOLAK, Chris
KOSTRZEWA, Jake
LEKKAS, Frank
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
SIMON, Endre
TAN, Justin
TAN, Kai
TANNER, Michael
TEICHMANN, Erik (FM)
WALLMUELLER, Joerg
WALLMUELLER, Peter
WARREN, Elizabeth
WIJESURIYA, Vineetha
ZELESCO, Karl

jhughes
08-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Yeah I'll go. When do we pay?

Igor_Goldenberg
08-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Sorry I can't play (will be out of Melbourne on family holiday).
Good luck with the tournament!

Grant Szuveges
10-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Under 12 World Champion, Bobby Cheng will be playing in the tournament. I just confirmed his entry yesterday. Unfortunately MCC Vice President Elizabeth Warren has had to pull out, but MCC up and coming junior Jack Hughes will be playing. Here is the latest field...

ADDAMO, Michael
CHENG, Bobby (FM)
FEAIN, Damien
FRAYLE, Ben
GAMAGE, Thamala
HUGHES, Jack
KOLAK, Chris
KOSTRZEWA, Jake
LEKKAS, Frank
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
SIMON, Endre
TAN, Justin
TAN, Kai
TANNER, Michael
TEICHMANN, Erik (FM)
WALLMUELLER, Joerg
WALLMUELLER, Peter
WIJESURIYA, Vineetha
ZELESCO, Karl

Grant Szuveges
13-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Two new entries in: Geoff Hilliard and Zachery Low. Here is the latest list...

ADDAMO, Michael
CHENG, Bobby (FM)
FEAIN, Damien
FRAYLE, Ben
GAMAGE, Thamala
HILLIARD, Geoffrey
HUGHES, Jack
KOLAK, Chris
KOSTRZEWA, Jake
LEKKAS, Frank
LOH, Zachery
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
SIMON, Endre
TAN, Justin
TAN, Kai
TANNER, Michael
TEICHMANN, Erik (FM)
WALLMUELLER, Joerg
WALLMUELLER, Peter
WIJESURIYA, Vineetha
ZELESCO, Karl

lost
17-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Two new entries in: Geoff Hilliard and Zachery Low. Here is the latest list...

ADDAMO, Michael
CHENG, Bobby (FM)
FEAIN, Damien
FRAYLE, Ben
GAMAGE, Thamala
HILLIARD, Geoffrey
HUGHES, Jack
KOLAK, Chris
KOSTRZEWA, Jake
LEKKAS, Frank
LOH, Zachery
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
SIMON, Endre
TAN, Justin
TAN, Kai
TANNER, Michael
TEICHMANN, Erik (FM)
WALLMUELLER, Joerg
WALLMUELLER, Peter
WIJESURIYA, Vineetha
ZELESCO, Karl

Who are the latest entries into this tournament?

lost

Grant Szuveges
17-04-2010, 04:11 PM
In news just in, I can confirm the GM David Smerdon will be playing in the event! Here is the latest list of entries:

ADDAMO, Michael
CHENG, Bobby (FM)
DALE, Ari
DALE, Finley
FAN, Enoch
FEAIN, Damien
FRAYLE, Ben
GAMAGE, Thamala
HILLIARD, Geoffrey
HUGHES, Jack
KOLAK, Chris
KOSTRZEWA, Jake
LEKKAS, Frank
LOH, Zachery
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
SIMON, Endre
SMERDON, David (GM)
TAN, Justin
TAN, Kai
TANNER, Michael
TEICHMANN, Erik (FM)
URBAN, Sylvester
WALLMUELLER, Joerg
WALLMUELLER, Peter
WIJESURIYA, Vineetha
ZELESCO, Karl

mikesguns
18-04-2010, 12:13 PM
In news just in, I can confirm the GM David Smerdon will be playing in the event! Here is the latest list of entries:

ADDAMO, Michael
CHENG, Bobby (FM)
DALE, Ari
DALE, Finley
FAN, Enoch
FEAIN, Damien
FRAYLE, Ben
GAMAGE, Thamala
HILLIARD, Geoffrey
HUGHES, Jack
KOLAK, Chris
KOSTRZEWA, Jake
LEKKAS, Frank
LOH, Zachery
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
SIMON, Endre
SMERDON, David (GM)
TAN, Justin
TAN, Kai
TANNER, Michael
TEICHMANN, Erik (FM)
URBAN, Sylvester
WALLMUELLER, Joerg
WALLMUELLER, Peter
WIJESURIYA, Vineetha
ZELESCO, Karl
This is already more players than last year i think and it is amazing to see that this tournament has attracted many juniors, much more than usual. 50% of the field are juniors
The juniors are in bold

Ninja
18-04-2010, 12:38 PM
The juniors are in bold
WALLMUELLER, Joerg

Joerg should enjoy his second childhood:)

Grant Szuveges
18-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Add Chris Wallis to the list too. He is playing. I got his entry today....

Ninja, are you playing?

MichaelBaron
18-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Add Chris Wallis to the list too. He is playing. I got his entry today....

Ninja, are you playing?
Orh, who is Ninja?

Lekko
18-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Orh, who is Ninja?
Michael stop stalling and enter.

ER
18-04-2010, 05:21 PM
And Peter his early adulthood! :P :lol:

mikesguns
18-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Got the wrong Wallmueller its better now

ER
18-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Got the wrong Wallmueller its better now
Sorry Joerg, it didn't last long! :P

Lekko
18-04-2010, 07:46 PM
And Peter his early adulthood! :P :lol:
Well he plays like an experienced adult...

Garvinator
18-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Please show the entries in rating order :)

Grant Szuveges
19-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Please show the entries in rating order :)

I dont know what their rating are...

Garvinator
19-04-2010, 12:40 AM
No Name Loc

1. SMERDON, David C 2510
2. TEICHMANN, Erik 2283
3. CHENG, Bobby 2239
4. KOLAK, Chris 2013
5. TAN, Justin 1901
6. URBAN, Sylvester 1874
7. HILLIARD, Geoffrey 1785
8. WIJESURIYA, Vineetha 1717
9. WALLMUELLER, Joerg 1577
10. LEKKAS, Frank 1528
11. TAN, Kai 1478
12. LOH, Zachary 1425
13. KOSTRZEWA, Jake 1420
14. DALE, Ari 1388
15. ADDAMO, Michael 1378
16. SIMON, Endre 1370
17. FRAYLE, Ben 1253
18. TANNER, Michael 1160
19. WALLMUELLER, Peter 1050
20. FAN, Enoch 1037
21. ZELESCO, Karl 1001
22. RAYSON-HILL, Tristan 969
23. GAMAGE, Thumula 951
24. DALE, Finley 684
25. FEAIN, Damien
26. HUGHES, Jack

Lekko
19-04-2010, 02:40 AM
No Name Loc

1. SMERDON, David C 2510
2. TEICHMANN, Erik 2283
3. CHENG, Bobby 2239
4. KOLAK, Chris 2013
5. TAN, Justin 1901
6. URBAN, Sylvester 1874
7. HILLIARD, Geoffrey 1785
8. WIJESURIYA, Vineetha 1717
9. WALLMUELLER, Joerg 1577
10. LEKKAS, Frank 1528
11. TAN, Kai 1478
12. LOH, Zachary 1425
13. KOSTRZEWA, Jake 1420
14. DALE, Ari 1388
15. ADDAMO, Michael 1378
16. SIMON, Endre 1370
17. FRAYLE, Ben 1253
18. TANNER, Michael 1160
19. WALLMUELLER, Peter 1050
20. FAN, Enoch 1037
21. ZELESCO, Karl 1001
22. RAYSON-HILL, Tristan 969
23. GAMAGE, Thumula 951
24. DALE, Finley 684
25. FEAIN, Damien
26. HUGHES, Jack
Legendary. Thanks for that Garv.

Chigoresov
19-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Obviously I am wrong, but I was under the impression you were not allowed to have more than 2 FIDE rated games in 1 day.

Have rules changed, or has this never been the case?:hmm:

Garvinator
19-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Obviously I am wrong, but I was under the impression you were not allowed to have more than 2 FIDE rated games in 1 day.
Your impression is incorrect. It is perfectly permissable to have three fide rated games in one day. Only in norm tournaments must there be no more than 2 rounds per day.

If it was only two rounds per day for fide rated events, then NSW Open, Vic Open etc could not be fide rated under their current format.

Chigoresov
19-04-2010, 05:39 PM
You are correct of course - I was thinking of Norm events.

And I've played many times in Ballarat and the Vic Open!:doh:

Interestingly I've now found this FIDE regulation:
3.0 Number of rounds per day
3.1 No more than three rounds per day and a total playing time of no more than 12 hours.

This must be assuming 60 move games - I've played more than 12 hours in a day from memory...

Grant Szuveges
20-04-2010, 09:49 AM
ADDAMO, Michael
CHENG, Bobby (FM)
CHMIEL, Rad
DALE, Ari
DALE, Finley
FAN, Enoch
FEAIN, Damien
FRAYLE, Ben
GAMAGE, Thamala
HILLIARD, Geoffrey
HUGHES, Jack
KOLAK, Chris
KOSTRZEWA, Jake
LEKKAS, Frank
LOH, Zachery
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
SIMON, Endre
SMERDON, David (GM)
STANLEY, Tristan
TAN, Justin
TAN, Kai
TANNER, Michael
TEICHMANN, Erik (FM)
URBAN, Sylvester
WALLMUELLER, Joerg
WALLMUELLER, Peter
WIJESURIYA, Vineetha
ZELESCO, Karl

lost
20-04-2010, 12:26 PM
ADDAMO, Michael
CHENG, Bobby (FM)
CHMIEL, Rad
DALE, Ari
DALE, Finley
FAN, Enoch
FEAIN, Damien
FRAYLE, Ben
GAMAGE, Thamala
HILLIARD, Geoffrey
HUGHES, Jack
KOLAK, Chris
KOSTRZEWA, Jake
LEKKAS, Frank
LOH, Zachery
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
SIMON, Endre
SMERDON, David (GM)
STANLEY, Tristan
TAN, Justin
TAN, Kai
TANNER, Michael
TEICHMANN, Erik (FM)
URBAN, Sylvester
WALLMUELLER, Joerg
WALLMUELLER, Peter
WIJESURIYA, Vineetha
ZELESCO, Karl

Great field so far. What is the ratings of players for this tournament.

lost

Lekko
20-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Great field so far. What is the ratings of players for this tournament.

lost
Garvinator posted the list on the last page.

lost
20-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Garvinator posted the list on the last page.

The current list now with the added players.

lost

Grant Szuveges
21-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Another big gun is in, with Domagoj Dragicevic now playing! I also received an entry from Kevin Brown. Here is the latest list...

ADDAMO, Michael
BROWN, Kevin
CHENG, Bobby (FM)
CHMIEL, Rad
DALE, Ari
DALE, Finley
DRAGICEVIC, Domagoj
FAN, Enoch
FEAIN, Damien
FRAYLE, Ben
GAMAGE, Thamala
HILLIARD, Geoffrey
HUGHES, Jack
KOLAK, Chris
KOSTRZEWA, Jake
LEKKAS, Frank
LOH, Zachery
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
SIMON, Endre
SMERDON, David (GM)
STANLEY, Tristan
TAN, Justin
TAN, Kai
TANNER, Michael
TEICHMANN, Erik (FM)
URBAN, Sylvester
WALLIS, Chris
WALLMUELLER, Joerg
WALLMUELLER, Peter
WIJESURIYA, Vineetha
ZELESCO, Karl

mikesguns
21-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Another big gun is in, with Domagoj Dragicevic now playing! I also received an entry from Kevin Brown. Here is the latest list...

ADDAMO, Michael
BROWN, Kevin
CHENG, Bobby (FM)
CHMIEL, Rad
DALE, Ari
DALE, Finley
DRAGICEVIC, Domagoj
FAN, Enoch
FEAIN, Damien
FRAYLE, Ben
GAMAGE, Thamala
HILLIARD, Geoffrey
HUGHES, Jack
KOLAK, Chris
KOSTRZEWA, Jake
LEKKAS, Frank
LOH, Zachery
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
SIMON, Endre
SMERDON, David (GM)
STANLEY, Tristan
TAN, Justin
TAN, Kai
TANNER, Michael
TEICHMANN, Erik (FM)
URBAN, Sylvester
WALLIS, Chris
WALLMUELLER, Joerg
WALLMUELLER, Peter
WIJESURIYA, Vineetha
ZELESCO, Karl
I hope this tournament reaches over 50 players

Grant Szuveges
21-04-2010, 10:54 PM
I hope this tournament reaches over 50 players

Add Mark McKenzie to the list. That makes 32 so far.... Good chance of getting 50.... Cup Weekend got 50, so there is no reason that this shouldnt. That said, we shouldnt be counting our chickens before they hatch...

In any case, 50 would be a big success - last year we only had 25, so a 100% mark up from one year to the next is excellent. The growth of this event is something that the MCC should be proud of. And its great to see so many players from other clubs supporting the event too! If everyone gets behind this tournament, we could have a really great event on our hands and something which could be a big annual event on the Victorian and Australian chess calander.

So for anyone out there who is undecided about playing, PLEASE PLAY!!!!!

lost
22-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Add Mark McKenzie to the list. That makes 32 so far.... Good chance of getting 50.... Cup Weekend got 50, so there is no reason that this shouldnt. That said, we shouldnt be counting our chickens before they hatch...

In any case, 50 would be a big success - last year we only had 25, so a 100% mark up from one year to the next is excellent. The growth of this event is something that the MCC should be proud of. And its great to see so many players from other clubs supporting the event too! If everyone gets behind this tournament, we could have a really great event on our hands and something which could be a big annual event on the Victorian and Australian chess calander.

So for anyone out there who is undecided about playing, PLEASE PLAY!!!!!

Add Jamie Kenmure to the list. That makes 33 so far.

lost

Grant Szuveges
22-04-2010, 10:22 PM
ADDAMO, Michael
BROWN, Kevin
CHENG, Bobby (FM)
CHMIEL, Rad (?)
DALE, Ari
DALE, Finley
DRAGICEVIC, Domagoj
FAN, Enoch
FEAIN, Damien
FRAYLE, Ben
GAMAGE, Thamala
HAIN, Anthony
HILLIARD, Geoffrey
HUGHES, Jack
KENMURE, Jamie
KOLAK, Chris
KOSTRZEWA, Jake
LEKKAS, Frank
LOH, Zachery
McKENZIE, Mark
OSWALD, Franz
RAYSON - HILL, Tristan
SIMON, Endre
SMERDON, David (GM)
STANLEY, Tristan
TAN, Justin
TAN, Kai
TEICHMANN, Erik (FM)
URBAN, Sylvester
VOON, Richard
WALLIS, Chris
WALLMUELLER, Joerg
WALLMUELLER, Peter
WIJESURIYA, Vineetha
YING, Jimmy
ZELESCO, Karl

that Caesar guy
23-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Put me down for this tourney. See you all at MCC! :D

Carl Gorka
23-04-2010, 08:12 PM

:clap: :clap: Good news James, good luck to you:)

Lekko
23-04-2010, 08:26 PM
So 18 hours before a tournament starting time is the earliest you're willing to enter? :P

Can't wait, see you all there tomorrow!

MichaelBaron
24-04-2010, 11:12 PM
any updates?

Mischa
25-04-2010, 12:00 AM
James won both games
So did Bobby...

Mischa
25-04-2010, 12:00 AM
is all I know and he is asleep now

Lekko
25-04-2010, 01:46 AM
James won both games
So did Bobby...

Smerdon, Teichmann, Cheng, Morris, Wallis, Dowling (The top 6 seeds) are all on 2, then there's Stephans, Ly, Urban, and Lekkas also on 2.

I think Zelesco's next on 1.5, then there's a bunch of people on 1, 0.5 and 0.

I think I'm the only one outside the top 10 on 2, so not too many upsets going on around the top.

jhughes
25-04-2010, 06:14 AM
I was playing white in this game against Ben Frayle.
1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nxe5 d6
4. Nf3 Nxe4
5. d3 Nf6
6. d4 g6
7. Qe2+ Qe7
8. Qxe7 Bxe7
9. Bd3 0-0
10. 0-0 c5
11. Re1 Nc6
12. Bb5 Re8
13. Bg5 Be6
14. Nc3 cxd4
15. Bxc6 bxc6
16. Nxd4 Bd7
17. f3 Nd5
18. Nxd5 Bxg5
19. f4 Rxe1+
20. Rxe1 Bd8
21. Ne7+ Kf8
22. Nexc6?? Allows Bb6 followed by Rc8, winning a piece
22... Bb6
23. Kf1 Bxc6?? Leaving me a pawn up in a clearly better endgame, as opposed to winning a piece with Rc8.
24. Nxc6 Rc8
25. Nb4 a5
26. Nd5 Bd8
27. c3 f5
28. Re3 Rc5
29. Rd3 h6
30. Ne3 Be7
31. Rd5 Kf7
32. Ke2 Ke6
33. Rxc5 dxc5
34. Nc4 Be8
35. Ne5 g5
36. g3 Kd5
37. Kd3 and my phone rang :wall: I don't think I'll every forget to turn it off again.

Desmond
25-04-2010, 09:27 AM
jhughes - Ben Frayle

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nf6 3. Nxe5 d6 4. Nf3 Nxe4 5. d3 Nf6 6. d4 g6 7. Qe2+ Qe7 8. Qxe7 Bxe7 9. Bd3 0-0 10. 0-0 c5 11. Re1 Nc6 12. Bb5 Re8 13. Bg5 Be6
14. Nc3 cxd4 15. Bxc6 bxc6 16. Nxd4 Bd7 17. f3 Nd5 18. Nxd5 Bxg5 19. f4 Rxe1+ 20. Rxe1 Bd8 21. Ne7+ Kf8 22. Nexc6?? {Allows Bb6 followed by Rc8, winning a piece} 22... Bb6 23. Kf1 Bxc6?? {Leaving me a pawn up in a clearly better endgame, as opposed to winning a piece with Rc8.} 24. Nxc6 Rc8
25. Nb4 a5 26. Nd5 Bd8 27. c3 f5 28. Re3 Rc5 29. Rd3 h6 30. Ne3 Be7 31. Rd5 Kf7 32. Ke2 Ke6 33. Rxc5 dxc5 34. Nc4 Bd8 35. Ne5 g5 36. g3 Kd5 37. Kd3 {and my phone rang :wall: I don't think I'll every forget to turn it off again. }

MichaelBaron
25-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Thank you to Misha and Frank for keeping us informed.:clap:

Desmond
25-04-2010, 09:30 AM
I think you missed an opportunity to win B+N for R on move 17.

Carl Gorka
25-04-2010, 10:01 AM
I'll be in the club later today and try to get some info posted:)

Z&MLoh
25-04-2010, 11:24 AM
No Name Loc Total Result Name Loc Total

1 David Smerdon 2510 [2] : John Dowling 2000 [2]
2 Tristan Stephens 1952 [2] : Erik Teichmann 2283 [2]
3 Bobby Cheng 2239 [2] : Thai Ly 1928 [2]
4 Sylvester Urban 1874 [2] : James Morris 2174 [2]
5 Chris Wallis 2113 [2] : Frank Lekkas 1528 [2]
6 Militun Krunic 1725 [1] : Karl Zelesco 1001 [1.5]
7 Domagoj Dragicevic 2154 [1] : Jamie Kenmure 1438 [1]
8 Zachary Loh 1425 [1] : Justin Tan 1901 [1]
9 Geoff Hilliard 1785 [1] : Ari Dale 1388 [1]
10 Michael Addamo 1378 [1] : Richard Voon 1758 [1]
11 Ben Frayle 1253 [1] : Kozo Simutany 1725 [1]
12 Tony Tosevski 1683 [1] : Franz Oswald 1323 [1]
13 Mark McKenzie 1102 [1] : Glenn Gibbs 1616 [1]
14 Wayne Hasselman 1592 [1] : Peter Wallmueler 1050 [1]
15 Anthony Hain [1] : Kevin Brown 1591 [1]
16 Jeorg Wallmueller 1577 [1] : Emmanual Wong [1]
17 Will Webb [1] : Kai Tan 1478 [1]
18 Enoch Fan 1037 [0] : Rad Chmiel 1710 [.5]
19 Finley Dale 684 [0] : Shreya Goswani 1200 [0]
20 Tristan Rayson-Hill 969 [0] : Jack Hughes [0]
21 Mukesh Krishnamurthy [0] : Jimmy Ying 698 [0]
22 Ishan Rhodes-Morris [0] 1:0 BYE
23 Tony Davis 1804 [1] .5:.5 BYE

Z&MLoh
25-04-2010, 11:27 AM
No Name Feder Rtg Total 1 2 3

1 Lekkas, Frank 2 14:W 11:W 6:
2 Smerdon, David 2 29:W 24:W 7:
3 Teichmann, Erik 2 30:W 17:W 10:
4 Cheng, Bobby 2 31:W 25:W 8:
5 Morris, James 2 21:W 20:W 9:
6 Wallis, Chris 2 32:W 19:W 1:
7 Dowling, John 2 33:W 26:W 2:
8 Ly, Thai 2 22:W 36:W 4:
9 Urban, Sylvester 2 34:W 13:W 5:
10 Stephens, Tristan 2 39:W 27:W 3:
11 Davis, Tony 1.5 40:W 1:L 0:D
12 Zelesco, Karl 1.5 28:W 15:D 17:
13 Wong, Emmanual 1 0:W 9:L 36:
14 Webb, Will 1 1:L 0:W 18:
15 Dragicevic, Domagoj 1 0:D 12:D 29:
16 Tan, Justin 1 0:D 0:D 30:
17 Krunic, Militun 1 42:W 3:L 12:
18 Tan, Kai 1 0:D 0:D 14:
19 Gibbs, Glenn 1 35:W 6:L 22:
20 Tosevski, Tony 1 38:W 5:L 32:
21 Addamo, Michael 1 5:L 38:W 24:
22 McKenzie, Mark 1 8:L 23:W 19:
23 Rhodes-Morris, Ishan 1 36:L 22:L 0:W
24 Voon, Richard 1 41:W 2:L 21:
25 Simutany, Kozo 1 43:W 4:L 33:
26 Hasselman, Wayne 1 44:W 7:L 34:
27 Brown, Kevin 1 45:W 10:L 35:
28 Hilliard, Geoff 1 12:L 37:W 31:
29 Kenmure, Jamie 1 2:L 40:W 15:
30 Loh, Zachary 1 3:L 42:W 16:
31 Dale, Ari 1 4:L 41:W 28:
32 Oswald, Franz 1 6:L 43:W 20:
33 Frayle, Ben 1 7:L 44:W 25:
34 Wallmueler, Peter 1 9:L 45:W 26:
35 Hain, Anthony 1 19:L 39:W 27:
36 Wallmueller, Jeorg 1 23:W 8:L 13:
37 Chmiel, Rad .5 0:D 28:L 40:
38 Feain, Damien 0 20:L 21:L 0:
39 Goswani, Shreya 0 10:L 35:L 43:
40 Fan, Enoch 0 11:L 29:L 37:
41 Rayson-Hill, Tristan 0 24:L 31:L 44:
42 Ying, Jimmy 0 17:L 30:L 45:
43 Dale, Finley 0 25:L 32:L 39:
44 Hughes, Jack 0 26:L 33:L 41:
45 Krishnamurthy, Mukesh 0 27:L 34:L 42:

ER
25-04-2010, 11:50 AM
GO ECLECTIC!!!! :clap:

Watto
25-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Smerdon, Teichmann, Cheng, Morris, Wallis, Dowling (The top 6 seeds) are all on 2, then there's Stephans, Ly, Urban, and Lekkas also on 2.

I think Zelesco's next on 1.5, then there's a bunch of people on 1, 0.5 and 0.

I think I'm the only one outside the top 10 on 2, so not too many upsets going on around the top.
Thanks for the info. Best of luck for today's game, Frank! :)
I see that Karl Zelesco drew with Domagoj Dragicevic in the second round - he is one talented junior (was a very impressive 600er when I played him in the Ranges Summer Sizzler in Feb this year.) I'd be interested to see the game.
Thanks Z&MLoh for putting up all the results. :)

ER
25-04-2010, 12:21 PM
I see that Karl Zelesco drew with Domagoj Dragicevic in the second round - he is one talented junior (was a very impressive 600er when I played him in the Ranges Summer Sizzler in Feb this year.) !
He is shaping up to be a top class player! He beat Nicholas Liu at Box Hill Chess Club last Friday! Expect more surprises from him!

Thanks Z&MLoh for putting up all the results
Ditto! :clap:

Adamski
25-04-2010, 12:47 PM
GO ECLECTIC!!!! :clap:
GO HBK!

Z&MLoh
25-04-2010, 02:33 PM
No Name Rtg Loc Total Result Name Rtg Loc Total

1 David Smerdon 2530 2510 [2] 1:0 John Dowling 2056 2000 [2]
2 Tristan Stevens 2041 1952 [2] 1:0 Erik Teichmann 2325 2283 [2]
3 Bobby Cheng 2221 2239 [2] 1:0 Thai Ly 2060 1928 [2]
4 Sylvester Urban 2050 1874 [2] 0:1 James Morris 2236 2174 [2]
5 Chris Wallis 2221 2113 [2] 1:0 Frank Lekkas 1528 [2]
6 Militun Krunic 1725 [1] .5:.5 Karl Zelesco 1001 [1.5]
7 Domagoj Dragicevic 2223 2154 [1] 1:0 Jamie Kenmure 1812 1438 [1]
8 Zachary Loh 1694 1425 [1] 0:1 Justin Tan 2026 1901 [1]
9 Geoff Hilliard 1785 [1] .5:.5 Ari Dale 1388 [1]
10 Michael Addamo 1793 1378 [1] 1:0 Richard Voon 1915 1758 [1]
11 Ben Frayle 1253 [1] 0:1 Kozo Simutanyi 1725 [1]
12 Tony Tosevski 1683 [1] 1:0 Franz Oswald 1323 [1]
13 Mark McKenzie 1102 [1] 0:1 Glenn Gibbs 1883 1616 [1]
14 Wayne Hasselman 1592 [1] 1:0 Peter Wallmueler 1611 1050 [1]
15 Anthony Hain [1] 0:1 Kevin Brown 1591 [1]
16 Joerg Wallmueller 1846 1577 [1] 1:0 Emmanual Wong [1]
17 Will Webb [1] 0:1 Kai Tan 1893 1478 [1]
18 Enoch Fan 1037 [0] 1:0 Rad Chmiel 1904 1710 [.5]
19 Finley Dale 684 [0] 1:0 Shreya Goswani 1200 [0]
20 Tristan Rayson-Hill 969 [0] 1:0 Jack Hughes [0]
21 Mukesh Krishnamurthy [0] -:+ Jimmy Ying 698 [0]
23 Tony Davis 1934 1804 [1] .5:.5 BYE

1 James Morris 2236 2174 [3] : David Smerdon 2530 2510 [3]
2 Chris Wallis 2221 2113 [3] : Bobby Cheng 2221 2239 [3]
3 John Dowling 2056 2000 [2] : Tristan Stevens 2041 1952 [3]
4 Erik Teichmann 2325 2283 [2] : Glenn Gibbs 1883 1616 [2]
5 Kevin Brown 1591 [2] : Domagoj Dragicevic 2223 2154 [2]
6 Thai Ly 2060 1928 [2] : Wayne Hasselman 1592 [2]
7 Justin Tan 2026 1901 [2] : Joerg Wallmueller 1846 1577 [2]
8 Kai Tan 1893 1478 [2] : Sylvester Urban 2050 1874 [2]
9 Kozo Simutanyi 1725 [2] : Michael Addamo 1793 1378 [2]
10 Karl Zelesco 1001 [2] : Tony Tosevski 1683 [2]
11 Frank Lekkas 1528 [2] : Geoff Hilliard 1785 [1.5]
12 Ari Dale 1388 [1.5] : Tony Davis 1934 1804 [1.5]
13 Richard Voon 1915 1758 [1] : Militun Krunic 1725 [1.5]
14 Jamie Kenmure 1812 1438 [1] : Tristan Rayson-Hill 969 [1]
15 Finley Dale 684 [1] : Zachary Loh 1694 1425 [1]
16 Franz Oswald 1323 [1] : Jimmy Ying 698 [1]
17 Anthony Hain [1] : Ben Frayle 1253 [1]
18 Will Webb [1] : Mark McKenzie 1102 [1]
19 Peter Wallmueler 1611 1050 [1] : Ishan Rhodes-Morris [1]
20 Emmanual Wong [1] : Enoch Fan 1037 [1]
21 Shreya Goswani 1200 [0] : Rad Chmiel 1904 1710 [.5]
22 Jack Hughes [0] : Damien Feain [0]

Garvinator
25-04-2010, 02:51 PM

1 James Morris 2236 2174 [3] : David Smerdon 2530 2510 [3]
2 Chris Wallis 2221 2113 [3] : Bobby Cheng 2221 2239 [3]
3 John Dowling 2056 2000 [2] : Tristan Stevens 2041 1952 [3]
4 Erik Teichmann 2325 2283 [2] : Glenn Gibbs 1883 1616 [2]
5 Kevin Brown 1591 [2] : Domagoj Dragicevic 2223 2154 [2]
6 Thai Ly 2060 1928 [2] : Wayne Hasselman 1592 [2]
7 Justin Tan 2026 1901 [2] : Joerg Wallmueller 1846 1577 [2]
8 Kai Tan 1893 1478 [2] : Sylvester Urban 2050 1874 [2]
9 Kozo Simutanyi 1725 [2] : Michael Addamo 1793 1378 [2]
10 Karl Zelesco 1001 [2] : Tony Tosevski 1683 [2]
11 Frank Lekkas 1528 [2] : Geoff Hilliard 1785 [1.5]
12 Ari Dale 1388 [1.5] : Tony Davis 1934 1804 [1.5]
13 Richard Voon 1915 1758 [1] : Militun Krunic 1725 [1.5]
14 Jamie Kenmure 1812 1438 [1] : Tristan Rayson-Hill 969 [1]
15 Finley Dale 684 [1] : Zachary Loh 1694 1425 [1]
16 Franz Oswald 1323 [1] : Jimmy Ying 698 [1]
17 Anthony Hain [1] : Ben Frayle 1253 [1]
18 Will Webb [1] : Mark McKenzie 1102 [1]
19 Peter Wallmueler1611 1050 [1] : Ishan Rhodes-Morris [1]
20 Emmanual Wong [1] : Enoch Fan 1037 [1]
21 Shreya Goswani 1200 [0] : Rad Chmiel 1904 1710 [.5]
22 Jack Hughes [0] : Damien Feain [0]

ER
25-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Look at Karl Zelesco going!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: GO KARL!!!

He is shaping up to be a top class player! He beat Nicholas Liu at Box Hill Chess Club last Friday! Expect more surprises from him!

Carl Gorka
25-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Yes, a lot of thanks from the MCC committee are due.

David Stimson is doing a sterling job as arbiter, but he hasn't had much to deal with as the players have been conducting themselves excellently. As an example, some of the games overran this morning and we allowed those who finished late a little time between games. There were no complaints from any of the players who were affected by this which is a credit to them.

Mike Loh has helped out with the technical computer stuff along with Frank Lekkas, Domogoj Dragicevic and Jamie Kenmure and we owe these guys a big thankyou too.

Lastly, I wasn't able to talk to many players today, but one was David Smerdon and he agreed to analyse one of his games exclusively for our club website, so thankyou very much David.

I was only in the club for a short time today but the atmosphere was really good, and I was lucky enough to see the endgames between Voon-Addamo and Stevens-Teichmann where the lower rated players both overcame their opponents. I'd like to have a greater look at Michael's game against Richard Voon as it looked very interesting. When I first saw the Stevens-Teichmann game it was an endgame of bishop and 2 versus rook and 2 with the pawns split and no passed pawns. These can sometimes be tricky, but Tristan converted comfortably, though Eric had very little time to devise a defence.

Carl Gorka
25-04-2010, 04:31 PM
The big surprise in the first round was Karl Zelasco beating Geoff Hilliard. But then again, when junior's gain scalps I'm not sure we should be all that surprised anymore.

1 David Smerdon 2510 [0] 1:0 Jamie Kenmure 1438 [0]
2 Zachary Loh 1425 [0] 0:1 Erik Teichmann 2283 [0]
3 Bobby Cheng 2239 [0] 1:0 Ari Dale 1388 [0]
4 Michael Addamo 1378 [0] 0:1 James Morris 2174 [0]
5 Chris Wallis 2113 [0] 1:0 Franz Oswald 1323 [0]
6 Ben Frayle 1253 [0] 0:1 John Dowling 2000 [0]
7 Tristan Stephens 1952 [0] 1:0 Shreya Goswani 1200 [0]
8 Mark McKenzie 1102 [0] 0:1 Thai Ly 1928 [0]
9 Sylvester Urban 1874 [0] 1:0 Peter Wallmueler 1050 [0]
10 Enoch Fan 1037 [0] 0:1 Tony Davis 1804 [0]
11 Geoff Hilliard 1785 [0] 0:1 Karl Zelesco 1001 [0]
12 Tristan Rayson-Hill 969 [0] 0:1 Richard Voon 1758 [0]
13 Militun Krunic 1725 [0] 1:0 Jimmy Ying 698 [0]
14 Finley Dale 684 [0] 0:1 Kozo Simutany 1725 [0]
15 Tony Tosevski 1683 [0] 1:0 Damien Feain [0]
16 Anthony Hain [0] 0:1 Glenn Gibbs 1616 [0]
17 Wayne Hasselman 1592 [0] 1:0 Jack Hughes [0]
18 Mukesh Krishnamurthy [0] 0:1 Kevin Brown 1591 [0]
19 Jeorg Wallmueller 1577 [0] 1:0 Ishan Rhodes-Morris [0]
20 Frank Lekkas 1528 [0] 1:0 Will Webb [0]
21 Emmanual Wong [0] 1:0 BYE
22 Domagoj Dragicevic 2154 [0] .5:.5 BYE
23 Justin Tan 1901 [0] .5:.5 BYE
24 Rad Chmiel 1710 [0] .5:.5 BYE
25 Kai Tan 1478 [0] .5:.5 BYE

Carl Gorka
25-04-2010, 04:35 PM
So I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that Karl Zelasco drew with Domogoj Dragicevic....:eek: :eek:

Frank Lekkas isn't a junior anymore, but he is proving that he is still a vastly improving player with a win against Tony Davs.

1 Richard Voon 1758 [1] 0:1 David Smerdon 2510 [1]
2 Erik Teichmann 2283 [1] 1:0 Militun Krunic 1725 [1]
3 Kozo Simutany 1725 [1] 0:1 Bobby Cheng 2239 [1]
4 James Morris 2174 [1] 1:0 Tony Tosevski 1683 [1]
5 Glenn Gibbs 1616 [1] 0:1 Chris Wallis 2113 [1]
6 John Dowling 2000 [1] 1:0 Wayne Hasselman 1592 [1]
7 Kevin Brown 1591 [1] 0:1 Tristan Stephens 1952 [1]
8 Thai Ly 1928 [1] 1:0 Jeorg Wallmueller 1577 [1]
9 Emmanual Wong [1] 0:1 Sylvester Urban 1874 [1]
10 Tony Davis 1804 [1] 0:1 Frank Lekkas 1528 [1]
11 Karl Zelesco 1001 [1] .5:.5 Domagoj Dragicevic 2154 [.5]
12 Rad Chmiel 1710 [.5] 0:1 Geoff Hilliard 1785 [0]
13 Jamie Kenmure 1438 [0] 1:0 Enoch Fan 1037 [0]
14 Jimmy Ying 698 [0] 0:1 Zachary Loh 1425 [0]
15 Ari Dale 1388 [0] 1:0 Tristan Rayson-Hill 969 [0]
16 Damien Feain [0] 0:1 Michael Addamo 1378 [0]
17 Franz Oswald 1323 [0] 1:0 Finley Dale 684 [0]
18 Jack Hughes [0] 0:1 Ben Frayle 1253 [0]
19 Shreya Goswani 1200 [0] 0:1 Anthony Hain [0]
20 Ishan Rhodes-Morris [0] 0:1 Mark McKenzie 1102 [0]
21 Peter Wallmueler 1050 [0] 1:0 Mukesh Krishnamurthy [0]
22 Will Webb [0] 1:0 BYE
23 Justin Tan 1901 [.5] .5:.5 BYE
24 Kai Tan 1478 [.5] .5:.5 BYE

Carl Gorka
25-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Michael Addamo has an ACF of 1378 and a FIDE rating of over 1700....I think his victory over Richard Voon suggests his FIDE rating might be nearer the mark. We don't get to see Tristan Stephens too much in Melbourne, but he is a very capable player who has beaten some pretty good players over the past few years. Eric Teichmann is another good scalp for Tristan. Karl Zelasco backed up with another impressive draw against Milutin Krunic, but I suppose we shouldn't be surprised!! :eek: :eek: :eek: And a great result for Enoch Fan to beat Rad Chmiel.

1 David Smerdon 2510 [2] 1:0 John Dowling 2000 [2]
2 Tristan Stephens 1952 [2] 1:0 Erik Teichmann 2283 [2]
3 Bobby Cheng 2239 [2] 1:0 Thai Ly 1928 [2]
4 Sylvester Urban 1874 [2] 0:1 James Morris 2174 [2]
5 Chris Wallis 2113 [2] 1:0 Frank Lekkas 1528 [2]
6 Militun Krunic 1725 [1] .5:.5 Karl Zelesco 1001 [1.5]
7 Domagoj Dragicevic 2154 [1] 1:0 Jamie Kenmure 1438 [1]
8 Zachary Loh 1425 [1] 0:1 Justin Tan 1901 [1]
9 Geoff Hilliard 1785 [1] .5:.5 Ari Dale 1388 [1]
10 Michael Addamo 1378 [1] 1:0 Richard Voon 1758 [1]
11 Ben Frayle 1253 [1] 0:1 Kozo Simutany 1725 [1]
12 Tony Tosevski 1683 [1] 1:0 Franz Oswald 1323 [1]
13 Mark McKenzie 1102 [1] 0:1 Glenn Gibbs 1616 [1]
14 Wayne Hasselman 1592 [1] 1:0 Peter Wallmueler 1050 [1]
15 Anthony Hain [1] 0:1 Kevin Brown 1591 [1]
16 Jeorg Wallmueller 1577 [1] 1:0 Emmanual Wong [1]
17 Will Webb [1] 0:1 Kai Tan 1478 [1]
18 Enoch Fan 1037 [0] 1:0 Rad Chmiel 1710 [.5]
19 Finley Dale 684 [0] 1:0 Shreya Goswani 1200 [0]
20 Tristan Rayson-Hill 969 [0] 1:0 Jack Hughes [0]
21 Mukesh Krishnamurthy [0] 0:1 Jimmy Ying 698 [0]
23 Tony Davis 1804 [1] .5:.5 BYE

Carl Gorka
25-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Mike Loh has posted the round 4 pairings which should bring us up to date. The mouthwatering contests of Morris-Smerdon and Wallis-Cheng on the top 2 boards head the round, but there are some interesting games throughout the draw. Tony Tosevski is in the hot seat against Karl Zelesco, while Tony Davis has to face another talented junior, Ari Dale.

Obviously David Smerdon is the man to beat, but the young players around him are showing their ability and maturity and it has been a pleasure to have the likes of Wallis, Stephens, and Cheng as visitors to the MCC, as well as some of our own young guns such as Morris, Addamo and Lekkas. Juniors really are the future of our game and when you witness the end of a +4 hour marathon between Zach Loh and Justin Tan, you realise just how much of a future we have in this country.

:clap: :clap: to all the players competing at the MCC this weekend.

lost
25-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Round 4 results

1 James Morris 2236 2174 [3] .5:.5 David Smerdon 2530 2510 [3]
2 Chris Wallis 2221 2113 [3] 0:1 Bobby Cheng 2221 2239 [3]
3 John Dowling 2056 2000 [2] 0:1 Tristan Stevens 2041 1952 [3]
4 Erik Teichmann 2325 2283 [2] 1:0 Glenn Gibbs 1883 1616 [2]
5 Kevin Brown 1591 [2] 0:1 Domagoj Dragicevic 2223 2154 [2]
6 Thai Ly 2060 1928 [2] 1:0 Wayne Hasselman 1592 [2]
7 Justin Tan 2026 1901 [2] 1:0 Joerg Wallmueller 1846 1577 [2]
8 Kai Tan 1893 1478 [2] .5:.5 Sylvester Urban 2050 1874 [2]
9 Kozo Simutanyi 1725 [2] 1:0 Michael Addamo 1775 1378 [2]
10 Karl Zelesco 1001 [2] 1:0 Tony Tosevski 1683 [2]
11 Frank Lekkas 1528 [2] 1:0 Geoff Hilliard 1785 [1.5]
12 Ari Dale 1388 [1.5] 1:0 Tony Davis 1934 1804 [1.5]
13 Richard Voon 1915 1758 [1] 1:0 Militun Krunic 1725 [1.5]
14 Jamie Kenmure 1812 1438 [1] 0:1 Tristan Rayson-Hill 969 [1]
15 Finley Dale 684 [1] 0:1 Zachary Loh 1694 1425 [1]
16 Franz Oswald 1323 [1] 1:0 Jimmy Ying 698 [1]
17 Anthony Hain [1] 1:0 Ben Frayle 1253 [1]
18 Will Webb [1] 1:0 Mark McKenzie 1102 [1]
19 Peter Wallmueler 1611 1050 [1] 1:0 Ishan Rhodes-Morris [1]
20 Emmanual Wong [1] 0:1 Enoch Fan 1037 [1]
21 Shreya Goswani 1200 [0] 0:1 Rad Chmiel 1904 1710 [.5]
22 Jack Hughes [0] 1:0 Damien Feain [0]

Round 5 pairings

1 Bobby Cheng 2221 2239 [4] : Tristan Stevens 2041 1952 [4]
2 David Smerdon 2530 2510 [3.5] : Erik Teichmann 2325 2283 [3]
3 Domagoj Dragicevic 2223 2154 [3] : James Morris 2236 2174 [3.5]
4 Kozo Simutanyi 1725 [3] : Chris Wallis 2221 2113 [3]
5 Frank Lekkas 1528 [3] : Thai Ly 2060 1928 [3]
6 Justin Tan 2026 1901 [3] : Karl Zelesco 1001 [3]
7 Sylvester Urban 2050 1874 [2.5] : Ari Dale 1388 [2.5]
8 Tony Tosevski 1683 [2] : Kai Tan 1893 1478 [2.5]
9 Michael Addamo 1775 1378 [2] : John Dowling 2056 2000 [2]
10 Enoch Fan 1037 [2] : Richard Voon 1915 1758 [2]
11 Glenn Gibbs 1883 1616 [2] : Franz Oswald 1323 [2]
12 Wayne Hasselman 1592 [2] : Anthony Hain [2]
13 Tristan Rayson-Hill 969 [2] : Kevin Brown 1591 [2]
14 Joerg Wallmueller 1846 1577 [2] : Peter Wallmueler 1611 1050 [2]
15 Zachary Loh 1694 1425 [2] : Will Webb [2]
16 Rad Chmiel 1904 1710 [1.5] : Tony Davis 1934 1804 [1.5]
17 Geoff Hilliard 1785 [1.5] : Militun Krunic 1725 [1.5]
18 Ishan Rhodes-Morris [1] : Jamie Kenmure 1812 1438 [1]
19 Ben Frayle 1253 [1] : Emmanual Wong [1]
20 Mark McKenzie 1102 [1] : Jack Hughes [1]
21 Jimmy Ying 698 [1] : Damien Feain [0]
22 Shreya Goswani 1200 [0] 1:0 BYE
23 Finley Dale 684 [1] .5:.5 BYE

lost

Carl Gorka
25-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Fantastic draw James :clap:

Tristan and Bobby continue their good form :clap:

Where is Karl Zelesco's result? I'm guessing he beat Tosevski?:eek: :eek:

Lekko
25-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Yeah he beat Tony, Carl.

1 Bobby Cheng 2221 2239 [4] 1:0 Tristan Stevens 2041 1952 [4]
2 David Smerdon 2530 2510 [3.5] .5:.5 Erik Teichmann 2325 2283 [3]
3 Domagoj Dragicevic 2223 2154 [3] 0:1 James Morris 2236 2174 [3.5]
4 Kozo Simutanyi 1725 [3] 1:0 Chris Wallis 2221 2113 [3]
5 Frank Lekkas 1528 [3] 0:1 Thai Ly 2060 1928 [3]
6 Justin Tan 2026 1901 [3] 1:0 Karl Zelesco 1001 [3]
7 Sylvester Urban 2050 1874 [2.5] 1:0 Ari Dale 1388 [2.5]
8 Tony Tosevski 1683 [2] 0:1 Kai Tan 1893 1478 [2.5]
9 Michael Addamo 1775 1378 [2] 0:1 John Dowling 2056 2000 [2]
10 Enoch Fan 1037 [2] .5:.5 Richard Voon 1915 1758 [2]
11 Glenn Gibbs 1883 1616 [2] 1:0 Franz Oswald 1323 [2]
12 Wayne Hasselman 1592 [2] 1:0 Anthony Hain [2]
13 Tristan Rayson-Hill 969 [2] 0:1 Kevin Brown 1591 [2]
14 Joerg Wallmueller 1846 1577 [2] .5:.5 Peter Wallmueler 1611 1050 [2]
15 Zachary Loh 1694 1425 [2] 1:0 Will Webb [2]
16 Rad Chmiel 1904 1710 [1.5] 1:0 Tony Davis 1934 1804 [1.5]
17 Geoff Hilliard 1785 [1.5] 0:1 Militun Krunic 1725 [1.5]
18 Ishan Rhodes-Morris [1] .5:.5 Jamie Kenmure 1812 1438 [1]
19 Ben Frayle 1253 [1] 1:0 Emmanual Wong [1]
20 Mark McKenzie 1102 [1] 0:1 Jack Hughes [1]
21 Jimmy Ying 698 [1] 1:0 Damien Feain [0]
22 Shreya Goswani 1200 [0] 1:0 BYE
23 Finley Dale 684 [1] .5:.5 BYE

1 James Morris 2236 2174 [4.5] : Bobby Cheng 2221 2239 [5]
2 Thai Ly 2060 1928 [4] : David Smerdon 2530 2510 [4]
3 Tristan Stevens 2041 1952 [4] : Justin Tan 2026 1901 [4]
4 Kai Tan 1893 1478 [3.5] : Kozo Simutanyi 1725 [4]
5 Erik Teichmann 2325 2283 [3.5] : Sylvester Urban 2050 1874 [3.5]
6 Glenn Gibbs 1883 1616 [3] : Domagoj Dragicevic 2223 2154 [3]
7 Kevin Brown 1591 [3] : Chris Wallis 2221 2113 [3]
8 John Dowling 2056 2000 [3] : Frank Lekkas 1528 [3]
9 Karl Zelesco 1001 [3] : Wayne Hasselman 1592 [3]
10 Militun Krunic 1725 [2.5] : Zachary Loh 1694 1425 [3]
11 Richard Voon 1915 1758 [2.5] : Joerg Wallmueller 1846 1577 [2.5]
12 Peter Wallmueler 1611 1050 [2.5] : Rad Chmiel 1904 1710 [2.5]
13 Ari Dale 1388 [2.5] : Enoch Fan 1037 [2.5]
14 Jimmy Ying 698 [2] : Tony Tosevski 1683 [2]
15 Jack Hughes [2] : Michael Addamo 1775 1378 [2]
16 Franz Oswald 1323 [2] : Tristan Rayson-Hill 969 [2]
17 Will Webb [2] : Ben Frayle 1253 [2]
18 Tony Davis 1934 1804 [1.5] : Anthony Hain [2]
19 Ishan Rhodes-Morris [1.5] : Geoff Hilliard 1785 [1.5]
20 Jamie Kenmure 1812 1438 [1.5] : Finley Dale 684 [1.5]
21 Emmanual Wong [1] : Shreya Goswani 1200 [1]
22 Damien Feain [0] : Mark McKenzie 1102 [1]

MichaelBaron
26-04-2010, 02:12 AM
Bobby and James on board 1 - nice!

Kevin Bonham
26-04-2010, 02:19 AM
Bobby and James on board 1 - nice!

Yes and with James with white and Bobby half a point ahead. Would be a game well worth watching.

D Dragicevic
26-04-2010, 02:35 PM
MCC ANZAC Day weekender - Round 6
Results

1 James Morris 2236 2174 [4.5] 0:1 Bobby Cheng 2221 2239 [5]
2 Thai Ly 2060 1928 [4] 0:1 David Smerdon 2530 2510 [4]
3 Tristan Stevens 2041 1952 [4] 0:1 Justin Tan 2026 1901 [4]
4 Kai Tan 1893 1478 [3.5] .5:.5 Kozo Simutanyi 1725 [4]
5 Erik Teichmann 2325 2283 [3.5] 1:0 Sylvester Urban 2050 1874 [3.5]
6 Glenn Gibbs 1883 1616 [3] 0:1 Domagoj Dragicevic 2223 2154 [3]
7 Kevin Brown 1591 [3] 0:1 Chris Wallis 2221 2113 [3]
8 John Dowling 2056 2000 [3] 1:0 Frank Lekkas 1528 [3]
9 Karl Zelesco 1001 [3] 1:0 Wayne Hasselman 1592 [3]
10 Militun Krunic 1725 [2.5] 1:0 Zachary Loh 1694 1425 [3]
11 Richard Voon 1915 1758 [2.5] 1:0 Joerg Wallmueller 1846 1577 [2.5]
12 Peter Wallmueler 1611 1050 [2.5] .5:.5 Rad Chmiel 1904 1710 [2.5]
13 Ari Dale 1388 [2.5] 1:0 Enoch Fan 1037 [2.5]
14 Jimmy Ying 698 [2] 0:1 Tony Tosevski 1683 [2]
15 Jack Hughes [2] 0:1 Michael Addamo 1775 1378 [2]
16 Franz Oswald 1323 [2] 1:0 Tristan Rayson-Hill 969 [2]
17 Will Webb [2] 0:1 Ben Frayle 1253 [2]
18 Tony Davis 1934 1804 [1.5] 1:0 Anthony Hain [2]
19 Ishan Rhodes-Morris [1.5] 0:1 Geoff Hilliard 1785 [1.5]
20 Jamie Kenmure 1812 1438 [1.5] 1:0 Finley Dale 684 [1.5]
21 Emmanual Wong [1] 0:1 Shreya Goswani 1200 [1]
22 Damien Feain [0] 0:1 Mark McKenzie 1102 [1]

MCC ANZAC Day weekender - Round 7
Results

1 Bobby Cheng 2221 2239 [6] : David Smerdon 2530 2510 [5]
2 Justin Tan 2026 1901 [5] : Erik Teichmann 2325 2283 [4.5]
3 Kozo Simutanyi 1725 [4.5] : James Morris 2236 2174 [4.5]
4 Domagoj Dragicevic 2223 2154 [4] : Tristan Stevens 2041 1952 [4]
5 Chris Wallis 2221 2113 [4] : Thai Ly 2060 1928 [4]
6 Kai Tan 1893 1478 [4] : John Dowling 2056 2000 [4]
7 Sylvester Urban 2050 1874 [3.5] : Karl Zelesco 1001 [4]
8 Richard Voon 1915 1758 [3.5] : Ari Dale 1388 [3.5]
9 Rad Chmiel 1904 1710 [3] : Militun Krunic 1725 [3.5]
10 Tony Tosevski 1683 [3] : Zachary Loh 1694 1425 [3]
11 Michael Addamo 1775 1378 [3] : Glenn Gibbs 1883 1616 [3]
12 Wayne Hasselman 1592 [3] : Franz Oswald 1323 [3]
13 Ben Frayle 1253 [3] : Kevin Brown 1591 [3]
14 Frank Lekkas 1528 [3] : Peter Wallmueler 1611 1050 [3]
15 Joerg Wallmueller 1846 1577 [2.5] : Tony Davis 1934 1804 [2.5]
16 Geoff Hilliard 1785 [2.5] : Jamie Kenmure 1812 1438 [2.5]
17 Shreya Goswani 1200 [2] : Enoch Fan 1037 [2.5]
18 Anthony Hain [2] : Mark McKenzie 1102 [2]
19 Tristan Rayson-Hill 969 [2] : Will Webb [2]
20 Jack Hughes [2] : Jimmy Ying 698 [2]
21 Finley Dale 684 [1.5] : Ishan Rhodes-Morris [1.5]
22 Damien Feain [0] : Emmanual Wong [1]

Z&MLoh
26-04-2010, 03:13 PM
No Name Feder Rtg Total 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

1 Cheng, Bobby 2221 6 17:W 6:W 9:W 8:W 7:W 4:W 2:
2 Smerdon, David 2530 5 33:W 16:W 12:W 4:D 5:D 9:W 1:
3 Tan, Justin 2026 5 0:D 0:D 24:W 31:W 13:W 7:W 5:
4 Morris, James 2236 4.5 18:W 23:W 14:W 2:D 10:W 1:L 6:
5 Teichmann, Erik 2325 4.5 24:W 15:W 7:L 19:W 2:D 14:W 3:
6 Simutanyi, Kozo 4.5 41:W 1:L 28:W 18:W 8:W 11:D 4:
7 Stevens, Tristan 2041 4 38:W 22:W 5:W 12:W 1:L 3:L 10:
8 Wallis, Chris 2221 4 27:W 19:W 21:W 1:L 6:L 22:W 9:
9 Ly, Thai 2060 4 40:W 31:W 1:L 20:W 21:W 2:L 8:
10 Dragicevic, Domagoj 2223 4 0:D 13:D 33:W 22:W 4:L 19:W 7:
11 Tan, Kai 1893 4 0:D 0:D 34:W 14:D 23:W 6:D 12:
12 Dowling, John 2056 4 28:W 20:W 2:L 7:L 18:W 21:W 11:
13 Zelesco, Karl 4 29:W 10:D 15:D 23:W 3:L 20:W 14:
14 Urban, Sylvester 2050 3.5 26:W 43:W 4:L 11:D 17:W 5:L 13:
15 Krunic, Militun 3.5 37:W 5:L 13:D 16:L 29:W 24:W 25:
16 Voon, Richard 1915 3.5 35:W 2:L 18:L 15:W 32:D 31:W 17:
17 Dale, Ari 3.5 1:L 35:W 29:D 30:W 14:L 32:W 16:
18 Addamo, Michael 1775 3 4:L 44:W 16:W 6:L 12:L 39:W 19:
19 Gibbs, Glenn 1883 3 36:W 8:L 40:W 5:L 27:W 10:L 18:
20 Hasselman, Wayne 3 39:W 12:L 26:W 9:L 36:W 13:L 27:
21 Lekkas, Frank 3 34:W 30:W 8:L 29:W 9:L 12:L 26:
22 Brown, Kevin 3 45:W 7:L 36:W 10:L 35:W 8:L 28:
23 Tosevski, Tony 3 44:W 4:L 27:W 13:L 11:L 37:W 24:
24 Loh, Zachary 1694 3 5:L 37:W 3:L 41:W 34:W 15:L 23:
25 Chmiel, Rad 1904 3 0:D 29:L 32:L 38:W 30:W 26:D 15:
26 Wallmueler, Peter 1611 3 14:L 45:W 20:L 42:W 31:D 25:D 21:
27 Oswald, Franz 3 8:L 41:W 23:L 37:W 19:L 35:W 20:
28 Frayle, Ben 3 12:L 39:W 6:L 36:L 43:W 34:W 22:
29 Hilliard, Geoff 2.5 13:L 25:W 17:D 21:L 15:L 42:W 33:
30 Davis, Tony 1934 2.5 32:W 21:L 0:D 17:L 25:L 36:W 31:
31 Wallmueller, Joerg 1846 2.5 42:W 9:L 43:W 3:L 26:D 16:L 30:
32 Fan, Enoch 2.5 30:L 33:L 25:W 43:W 16:D 17:L 38:
33 Kenmure, Jamie 1812 2.5 2:L 32:W 10:L 35:L 42:D 41:W 29:
34 Webb, Will 2 21:L 0:W 11:L 40:W 24:L 28:L 35:
35 Rayson-Hill, Tristan 2 16:L 17:L 39:W 33:W 22:L 27:L 34:
36 Hain, Anthony 2 19:L 38:W 22:L 28:W 20:L 30:L 40:
37 Ying, Jimmy 2 15:L 24:L 45:+ 27:L 44:W 23:L 39:
38 Goswani, Shreya 2 7:L 36:L 41:L 25:L 0:W 43:W 32:
39 Hughes, Jack 2 20:L 28:L 35:L 44:W 40:W 18:L 37:
40 McKenzie, Mark 2 9:L 42:W 19:L 34:L 39:L 44:W 36:
41 Dale, Finley 1.5 6:L 27:L 38:W 24:L 0:D 33:L 42:
42 Rhodes-Morris, Ishan 1.5 31:L 40:L 0:W 26:L 33:D 29:L 41:
43 Wong, Emmanual 1 0:W 14:L 31:L 32:L 28:L 38:L 44:
44 Feain, Damien 0 23:L 18:L 0: 39:L 37:L 40:L 43:
45 Krishnamurthy, Mukesh 0 22:L 26:L 37:- 0: 0: 0: 0:

Adamski
26-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Very impressive performance by FM Bobby Cheng! A point ahead with a round to go - I wouldn't blame him if he drew in the last round. Mind you, GM David Smerdon will no doubt want to win!

Lekko
26-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Round 7 results

1 Bobby Cheng 2221 2239 [6] 0:1 David Smerdon 2530 2510 [5]
2 Justin Tan 2026 1901 [5] 0:1 Erik Teichmann 2325 2283 [4.5]
3 Kozo Simutanyi 1725 [4.5] 0:1 James Morris 2236 2174 [4.5]
4 Domagoj Dragicevic 2223 2154 [4] 1:0 Tristan Stevens 2041 1952 [4]
5 Chris Wallis 2221 2113 [4] 1:0 Thai Ly 2060 1928 [4]
6 Kai Tan 1893 1478 [4] 0:1 John Dowling 2056 2000 [4]
7 Sylvester Urban 2050 1874 [3.5] 1:0 Karl Zelesco 1001 [4]
8 Richard Voon 1915 1758 [3.5] 1:0 Ari Dale 1388 [3.5]
9 Rad Chmiel 1904 1710 [3] 1:0 Militun Krunic 1725 [3.5]
10 Tony Tosevski 1683 [3] 1:0 Zachary Loh 1694 1425 [3]
11 Michael Addamo 1775 1378 [3] 1:0 Glenn Gibbs 1883 1616 [3]
12 Wayne Hasselman 1592 [3] 0:1 Franz Oswald 1323 [3]
13 Ben Frayle 1253 [3] 0:1 Kevin Brown 1591 [3]
14 Frank Lekkas 1528 [3] 1:0 Peter Wallmueler 1611 1050 [3]
15 Joerg Wallmueller 1846 1577 [2.5] 0:1 Tony Davis 1934 1804 [2.5]
16 Geoff Hilliard 1785 [2.5] 1:0 Jamie Kenmure 1812 1438 [2.5]
17 Shreya Goswani 1200 [2] 0:1 Enoch Fan 1037 [2.5]
18 Anthony Hain [2] 1:0 Mark McKenzie 1102 [2]
19 Tristan Rayson-Hill 969 [2] .5:.5 Will Webb [2]
20 Jack Hughes [2] 1:0 Jimmy Ying 698 [2]
21 Finley Dale 684 [1.5] 1:0 Ishan Rhodes-Morris [1.5]
22 Damien Feain [0] 0:1 Emmanual Wong [1]

Final standings:

Place Name Feder Rtg Loc Score M-Buch. Buch. Progr.

1-2 Smerdon, David 2530 2510 6 24.5 33.0 24.5
Cheng, Bobby 2221 2239 6 23.0 32.5 27.0
3-4 Morris, James 2236 2174 5.5 24.0 34.0 24.0
Teichmann, Erik 2325 2283 5.5 20.0 29.0 21.5
5-8 Wallis, Chris 2221 2113 5 20.5 29.5 21.0
Dowling, John 2056 2000 5 19.0 28.0 19.0
Dragicevic, Domagoj 2223 2154 5 18.5 26.5 18.5
Tan, Justin 2026 1901 5 18.0 26.0 20.5
9-11 Simutanyi, Kozo 1725 4.5 21.5 30.0 20.0
Urban, Sylvester 2050 1874 4.5 20.0 27.0 19.0
Voon, Richard 1915 1758 4.5 17.0 25.5 15.5
12-21 Stevens, Tristan 2041 1952 4 24.5 32.0 22.0
Ly, Thai 2060 1928 4 20.5 28.5 20.0
Zelesco, Karl 1001 4 20.5 28.5 18.5
Tan, Kai 1893 1478 4 20.0 27.0 17.5
Addamo, Michael 1775 1378 4 20.0 25.5 14.0
Lekkas, Frank 1528 4 19.0 26.0 18.0
Brown, Kevin 1591 4 17.5 25.0 16.0
Chmiel, Rad 1904 1710 4 17.0 22.0 12.5
Tosevski, Tony 1683 4 16.5 22.0 15.0
Oswald, Franz 1323 4 15.0 21.5 13.0
22-26 Dale, Ari 1388 3.5 19.5 28.0 14.5
Krunic, Militun 1725 3.5 19.0 26.0 14.5
Davis, Tony 1934 1804 3.5 17.5 24.0 12.5
Hilliard, Geoff 1785 3.5 17.5 22.5 11.5
Fan, Enoch 1037 3.5 15.0 21.0 11.5
27-33 Gibbs, Glenn 1883 1616 3 21.0 28.5 15.0
Hasselman, Wayne 1592 3 18.0 26.0 15.0
Loh, Zachary 1694 1425 3 17.0 24.0 13.0
Frayle, Ben 1253 3 16.5 23.0 11.0
Wallmueler, Peter 1611 1050 3 16.0 21.5 12.5
Hain, Anthony 3 14.5 20.0 11.0
Hughes, Jack 3 12.0 16.0 8.0
34-38 Kenmure, Jamie 1812 1438 2.5 17.0 24.0 9.5
Rayson-Hill, Tristan 969 2.5 17.0 23.5 9.5
Wallmueller, Joerg 1846 1577 2.5 16.5 22.5 13.5
Webb, Will 2.5 16.0 22.0 10.5
Dale, Finley 684 2.5 14.5 20.0 7.5
39-42 Goswani, Shreya 1200 2 16.5 22.0 5.0
Ying, Jimmy 698 2 16.0 20.0 8.0
Wong, Emmanual 2 14.0 18.5 8.0
McKenzie, Mark 1102 2 12.0 16.0 8.0
43 Rhodes-Morris, Ishan 1.5 14.0 19.5 6.5
44-45 Feain, Damien 0 14.0 19.5 0.0
Krishnamurthy, Mukesh 0 3.0 8.5 0.0

ER
26-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Congratulations to the winners! Can we please have prize winners of all rating groups?

Adamski
26-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Yes, congrats to David and Bobby!

Lekko
26-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Congratulations to the winners! Can we please have prize winners of all rating groups?

From memory, it was:

Open:
=1st: Smerdon, Cheng (6)
=3rd: Teichmann, Morris (5.5)

u/1800
=1st Voon, Simutany (4.5)

u/1300
1st: Zelesco (4)
2nd: Fan (3.5)

ER
26-04-2010, 11:05 PM
From memory, it was:

Open:
=1st: Smerdon, Cheng (6)
=3rd: Teichmann, Morris (5.5)

u/1800
=1st Voon, Simutany (4.5)

u/1300
1st: Zelesco (4)
2nd: Fan (3.5)

Thanks Frank!

Carl Gorka
26-04-2010, 11:18 PM
It was a great tournament and a fantastic atmosphere. It was good to see visitors from other clubs coming to spectate and give support to their clubmates, like Roger Croft and Shane Lawson. It's always a pleasure to host interstate players such as Glenn Gibbs and Tristan Stephens. It's a testament to the character of Victorian chess that so many people around the club should try to help the tournament run smoothly, such as Mike Loh, Jamie Kenmure and Frank Lekkas, while virtually no complaints were made throughout the event.

A big congrats to all players :clap:, and a big thankyou to David Stimson for his work as arbiter :clap:

zurich53
27-04-2010, 04:16 PM
It was a great tournament and a fantastic atmosphere. It was good to see visitors from other clubs coming to spectate and give support to their clubmates, like Roger Croft and Shane Lawson. It's always a pleasure to host interstate players such as Glenn Gibbs and Tristan Stephens. It's a testament to the character of Victorian chess that so many people around the club should try to help the tournament run smoothly, such as Mike Loh, Jamie Kenmure and Frank Lekkas, while virtually no complaints were made throughout the event.

A big congrats to all players :clap:, and a big thankyou to David Stimson for his work as arbiter :clap:

Completely agree with this - a very enjoyable weekend of chess played in a good atmosphere - well done to everyone involved in organising and playing.

MichaelBaron
27-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Congratulations to Bobby and David on winning :clap:
Also congratulations to Frank and Justin on playing good chess and showing that they are improving day by day.

Lakshman
27-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Congratulations to Bobby and David on winning :clap:
Also congratulations to Frank and Justin on playing good chess and showing that they are improving day by day.

Hi Michael,
No mention about the extraordinary day by day improvement Junior Karl Zelsco displayed in this tournament with a couple of upsets and a rating divison prize?
:hmm: :(

MichaelBaron
27-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Hi Michael,
No mention about the extraordinary day by day improvement Junior Karl Zelsco displayed in this tournament with a couple of upsets and a rating divison prize?
Yess of course, well done to him too! :clap:

Lekko
27-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Hi Michael,
Good God he played well didn't he. Great results, was on one of the top boards twice, etc. Good work Karl!

Mischa
27-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Hey guys
what did you do to poor James???
He came home sick as a dog....:(

BearDrinkingBeer
27-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Good God he played well didn't he. Great results, was on one of the top boards twice, etc. Good work Karl!
Yep,

Average Rating of Opponents: ACF 1816.29
Performance Rating: ACF 1869

Lekko
27-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Yep,

How did you work that out?

Kevin Bonham
27-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Yep,

Even by the familiar standards of rapidly improving (and hence continually underrated on pretty much any system) juniors that is amazing.

ER
27-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Even by the familiar standards of rapidly improving (and hence continually underrated on pretty much any system) juniors that is amazing.

lol don't tell Karl, I might play him soon at Box Hill's Championship :doh: where he started with an impressive win last Friday! :clap: :clap: :clap:
He is a great kid, and his mum Raelene is very much involved with the Club's activities. She is a great photographer too! :clap: :clap: :clap:

lost
27-04-2010, 11:49 PM

Thanks fireeater for your comments. Also I did live up to my handle in this tournament.

The thanks should really be going out to MCC for there efforts in this tournament and may I say it was an enjoyable tournament with strong players. Once again well done to the committee of MCC for making this happen.

A big congratulations to David Stimson on arbitering the tournament and all others involved. If I have missed anyone I do apologise.

lost

Vlad
28-04-2010, 01:45 AM
Yep,

Glicko 2 gives performance rating of ACF 1873.

jhughes
28-04-2010, 06:23 AM
Yep,

Were you there GP?