PDA

View Full Version : That other olympiad

Kevin Bonham
20-08-2004, 02:14 AM
How's about you say 100 Hail Mary's for our boys and girls at the Olympic Games? We seemed to have hit a snag mate. I'm so upset.

Heaven forbid Australia should go a day without winning a gold medal at the Olympic Games!

Actually Australia's performance has been more than decent, especially considering we're already most of the way to our best previous overseas tally.

Not surprising given the large proportion of GDP Australia spends on elite physical sport, but still, not bad.

I watch bits of this crapola but the excess patriotism in the Australian commentary annoys me, I like commentary that's a little less biased.

Garvinator
20-08-2004, 03:22 AM
I watch bits of this crapola but the excess patriotism in the Australian commentary annoys me, I like commentary that's a little less biased. i have watched alot of the olympics, i just like watching the best in almost any sport going round.

I will wait until the olympics is over before making up my mind on how i think we went. I think things will change when the athletics starts ;)

watch sbs if you can and i think there is a lot less unbiased commentary there.

eclectic
20-08-2004, 06:49 AM
i have watched alot of the olympics, i just like watching the best in almost any sport going round.

I will wait until the olympics is over before making up my mind on how i think we went. I think things will change when the athletics starts ;)

watch sbs if you can and i think there is a lot less unbiased commentary there.

what i really cringe at during the olympics is the playing of the anthems especially the australian and american ones

in fact i turn the radio or television off when they are played

what each country should have is a five second fanfare based on their anthem

at least then for australia those receiving medals would not have to pretend they know the words

(and to think that a lot of anthems don't have words anyway)

eclectic

ursogr8
20-08-2004, 10:56 AM
i have watched alot of the olympics, i just like watching the best in almost any sport going round.

Good morning gg''

A group of us here differ just a bit from you.
We like watching the 'most competitive' going round. And betting.
Hence, this is why the post count bets go where the action is, not where the best are. :uhoh:

arosar
20-08-2004, 11:13 AM
Scott musta done me a favour and prayed as we won a fantastic gold this morning. But, FMD, that Liesel Jones - there's something wrong with that chick. She's got this self-defeatist attitude for some reason.

The best Aussie gold so far was Sara Carrigan's road race win (cycling). That surely was the smartest piece of racing.

And I hope that Jana Pittman wins. Then maybe the media can shut up about her. She talks too much that sheila. Come to think of it, prolly won't win anything.

AR

ursogr8
20-08-2004, 11:28 AM
Scott musta done me a favour and prayed as we won a fantastic gold this morning. But, FMD, that Liesel Jones - there's something wrong with that chick. She's got this self-defeatist attitude for some reason.

The best Aussie gold so far was Sara Carrigan's road race win (cycling). That surely was the smartest piece of racing.

And I hope that Jana Pittman wins. Then maybe the media can shut up about her. She talks too much that sheila. Come to think of it, prolly won't win anything.

AR

AR

What is your favourite event out of the following

1 Women's beach volleyball
2 Miss World
3 Women's swimming, any.
4 Jana Pitman, will I, won't I.
4 Tatiana.

starter

arosar
20-08-2004, 12:10 PM
What is your favourite event out of the following

1 Women's beach volleyball
2 Miss World
3 Women's swimming, any.
4 Jana Pitman, will I, won't I.
4 Tatiana.

I like any sport in which we can win a Gold Medal.

So for e.g. I don't like gymnastics cos we never win anyting there. And I doubt if it's even a sport - same as f**kin' equestrian.

AR

Garvinator
20-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Good morning gg''

A group of us here differ just a bit from you.
We like watching the 'most competitive' going round. And betting.
Hence, this is why the post count bets go where the action is, not where the best are. :uhoh:
how do i get involved in the action ;)

ursogr8
20-08-2004, 01:02 PM
how do i get involved in the action ;)

But raggy'', you were involved!! :eek:

Your differential reduced significantly each time it was negative and publicized. But you objected to the publicity, so now you are out of the action, and we bet on the smallest moving differential. :uhoh:

If perchance you did happen to be selected for the EVENT again, then we would have to put blinkers on you so that the cheering and urging from the sidelines did not spook the steed. ;)

starter

Ian Rout
20-08-2004, 02:05 PM
Before the games started I would have picked Australia's medal tally at around eight or nine gold and about thirty total, so it looks like they'll outdo that.

Channel 7, though are performing about as expected. Last night Australia led the USA 67-65 going into the last quarter and the whole match turned on a burst of scoring by USA at the start of the quarter. Just like the ubiquitous Kerry Packer Moment where Channel Nine shows ads as a wicket falls at the start of an over in order to attend to the more important task of boosting the meagre resources of the impoverished Kezza, Channel 7 managed to return from the commercial break after USA had hit the front, never again to be seriously threatened.

Just as well I don't like basketball or I would have been annoyed.

Incidentally in this part of the world Channel Seven is called "Prime". Prime what?, we might ask.

Kevin Bonham
20-08-2004, 07:19 PM

I agree. I enjoy the cycling road races because the strategic issues involved are quite complex - and all this just from a little bit of basic physics (aerodynamics meaning that a pack travels faster than a lone rider, if it wants to.)

Biased commentary - yesterday the commercial station here (taking its feed from Seven) was saying that Jodie Henry had made a good start when she appeared to actually be close to last off the blocks and spent most of the race making up for it (probably the only reason she did not break the WR again). I've noticed these euphemisms whenever an Australian starts a race badly several times now.

Garvinator
20-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Biased commentary - yesterday the commercial station here (taking its feed from Seven) was saying that Jodie Henry had made a good start when she appeared to actually be close to last off the blocks and spent most of the race making up for it (probably the only reason she did not break the WR again). I've noticed these euphemisms whenever an Australian starts a race badly several times now.
sometimes the commentary can be biased, but jodie henry almost all the time is behind the leaders at the half way mark. It is the way she races.

In swimming it is common for say a 100m race to swim the first 50m quite a bit quicker than the second 50m. Jodie prefers to try and swim the two 50m close to the same time.

This makes it looks like she is doing badly in the first 50m, but it is just her way of racing.

Unlike Leisel Jones, who is just a mess.

arosar
20-08-2004, 07:43 PM
Unlike Leisel Jones, who is just a mess.

She needs to sort out her tactics. She gets in too hard too early and loses steam in the last 50.

AR

Garvinator
20-08-2004, 07:49 PM
She needs to sort out her tactics. She gets in too hard too early and loses steam in the last 50.

AR
or at the opposite end of the scale, is last into the pool. Perhaps they are related sometimes too ;)

arosar
23-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Hey Scott -

I need another favour mate. I need you to pray for our Women's softball team. They're into the gold medal game against those byitches, the yanks! Funny cos this will be their 3rd game against the US in these Games. Lost twice already. Hopefully our chicks will be lucky at their 3rd bite.

Now this time, I reckon a coupla hundred Our Father's won't do. You need to perform the stations of the cross at least a dozen times mate. Are you familiar with this ritual - what with you being a fundamentalist christian and all?

AR

ps. If I ever become ruler of the IOC, first edict of mine wil be to remove equestrian and gymnastics or any other subjective type events. What a joke! Youse boys heard about what happened to Bettina Hoy and the Korean male gymnast?

Oepty
23-08-2004, 04:19 PM
I will not be praying for anything to do with peoples performance at the Olympics.
As far as the stations of the cross I no nothing about it expect I think it is a Catholic thing, not necessarily bad, and Mel Gibson used it in making his movie.
Scott

Kevin Bonham
23-08-2004, 07:06 PM
I need another favour mate. I need you to pray for our Women's softball team. They're into the gold medal game against those byitches, the yanks!

I saw part of one of those games and I don't think even God (if there was a God) would make too much of a difference. Too good. Local TV station here should be dragged up before the press council and flogged ragged for saying that a Tasmanian on the Aussie team was "one game away from gold" and omitting the fact that that game was against the same team that earlier won 10-0 (mercy rule) and 5-0 (innings in hand) and hasn't conceded a run all tournament.

If Australia even score a run against them that should be considered a good effort.

ps. If I ever become ruler of the IOC, first edict of mine wil be to remove equestrian and gymnastics or any other subjective type events. What a joke!

Does "subjective type events" include diving?

Youse boys heard about what happened to Bettina Hoy and the Korean male gymnast?

Both of these had nothing to do with the event being subjective. Hoy did actually break the rules although disqualifying, then reinstating, then disqualifying her again was all a bit messy. I still want to know what the real story was with that American backstroker who was DQd then reinstated because the reason for the DQ was not in the official language of FINA.

Alan Shore
23-08-2004, 10:41 PM
That table tennis tonight was awesome.. makes we want to start playing again, hehe. Superb skills. Except Gary Wilkinson can't commentate to save his life...

Garvinator
23-08-2004, 11:47 PM
usa v australia womens softball. 4-0 to usa bottom of the third innings.

arosar
24-08-2004, 09:15 AM
What do youse fellas reckon about this whole kerfuffle over the women's eights (rowing)? I'm feeling a bit sorry for Sally Robbins to tell youse the truth. I'm prepared to believe that she gave it her best on the day and must have just blown some physiological or psychological fuse. I think it's totally unAussie for the rest of the team to be slagging her like this so publicly. Some people reckon that she has a long history of giving up. Well, why was she even selected then and whose fault is that to have selected her?

Now Scott, we got 2 more chances of a gold mate. Both in sprint cycling. Meares is going for her second actually and Ryan Bayley in the mens. A bit of an easy task for you this time. Can you say the rosary for me? Cheers mate.

AR

Oepty
24-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Amiel. Can't you read? I said I would not be praying for things at the Olympics.
Scott

arosar
24-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Amiel. Can't you read? I said I would not be praying for things at the Olympics.

Look mate, don't be upsetting me about this Olympics thing. I'm a bit touchy on it. Take that farce in boxing. Our heavyweight rep Forsyth was beaten by some bloke from Egypt. Problem is right, the Aussie landed more punches than his opponent. The Egyptian fella wasn't even within a mile of Forsyth. But everytime Forsyth landed a punch, the points would go to the arab. What a joke!!

And I'm not even gonna get into the Trinations mate.

Aha, but at least the Swans beat the crap out of Essendon.

AR

Oepty
24-08-2004, 02:06 PM
Amiel. May the best person/team win.
Scott

Kevin Bonham
24-08-2004, 06:22 PM
What do youse fellas reckon about this whole kerfuffle over the women's eights (rowing)?

Bit of a media beat-up of some stuff said in frustration in the heat of the moment, on the whole.

Some people reckon that she has a long history of giving up. Well, why was she even selected then and whose fault is that to have selected her?

It will be interested to see if she gets selected again. Those claiming she has given up before have only said she did so once or twice. You wouldn't dump someone for doing it once - could just be an aberration.

Something of interest to me at the moment - the battle for the most gold medals.

Go China!

arosar
24-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Congrats New York Times. Well said indeed!

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/24/opinion/24tue3.html

AR

arosar
24-08-2004, 06:32 PM
That table tennis tonight was awesome.. makes we want to start playing again, hehe. Superb skills. Except Gary Wilkinson can't commentate to save his life...

Yes, yes...I taped it.

You won't believe this but a few chess mates and meself have actually taken up table tennis. Tell me if you come down for a visit and we go for a few hits. You any good?

Btw, I believe Neil Wright is tenth best TT player in NSW (in his division or something).

AR

Alan Shore
24-08-2004, 07:27 PM
Yes, yes...I taped it.

You won't believe this but a few chess mates and meself have actually taken up table tennis. Tell me if you come down for a visit and we go for a few hits. You any good?

Btw, I believe Neil Wright is tenth best TT player in NSW (in his division or something).

AR

Actually a few of us used to go play table tennis quite a bit, haven't been for ages now.. when I can find some time I'd like to get back into it.

And be happy to give you a game some time. I'd say I'm adequate but would fall short of calling myself any good, hehe.

JGB
24-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Ive got access to about 7 different stations here to the Olympics its the gear! One problem is that if the Germans arn't in an event it will not be broadcast, unless its the mens 100 meter etc. Although because I get Austrian (yeah Austrian not Australian) tv here in southern Germany i get to see all the big events with the aussies (just because the austrians are so pathetic in sport and they hate showing the Germans all the time).

Im very impressed with our performance these games! its great to be Aussie in Germany.
I like to brag about about our Stength as a sporting nation compared to population:

Aussie 20 million people 13 gold = 100% :owned:
Germany 80 million, 9 gold = 20 % (huh :lol: )
USA 270 million, 20 gold = 10% (you call yourself good :doh: )
China 1200 million, 20 gold = too difficult (get outa here!)

...no one compares to us.

Kevin Bonham
24-08-2004, 10:20 PM
I like to brag about about our Stength as a sporting nation compared to population:

Aussie 20 million people 13 gold = 100% :owned:
Germany 80 million, 9 gold = 20 % (huh :lol: )
USA 270 million, 20 gold = 10% (you call yourself good :doh: )
China 1200 million, 20 gold = too difficult (get outa here!)

...no one compares to us.

Australia's 0.65 gold per million does seem to be the highest per capita rate at the moment. There are a few others kicking around 0.4-0.5 gold per million.

It would be very interesting to look at a graph of gold per capita vs government sports funding per capita.

JGB
24-08-2004, 11:12 PM
Australia's 0.65 gold per million does seem to be the highest per capita rate at the moment. There are a few others kicking around 0.4-0.5 gold per million.

It would be very interesting to look at a graph of gold per capita vs government sports funding per capita.

Then were in big trouble, when i talk about the AIS around here, they ask 'what your taxes pay for sport??' (well in german anyway ;) )
I like the idea of funding sport through tax (its only a tiny proportion), it brings a level of happiness back to the population. It is a pity chess aint on that government funding list!

Kevin Bonham
25-08-2004, 05:59 AM
National tragedy - we've just lost our per capita lead to the Bahamas. They just won a gold medal and have a population of about 300,000. To regain the lead we need another 53 gold medals before the Olympics ends. Time to give up this physical sport rubbish and give all the money to chess. :eek:

arosar
25-08-2004, 05:58 PM
Scott, hey dude...you there? Now you definitely have a reason to pray. For Jana Pittman. I hear one of her alternative careers is as a pastor. She's some sort of Born Again christian. Frankly, however, I don't care for this chick. She talks too much, a friggin' drama queen.

On other sports, mate, I hope in your daily prayers you give a bit of a nod to your God. Maybe you could say to him, "And oh, btw Lord, please bless our baseballers". We're guaranteed silver Scott - but gold is better. Also we're still in men's hockey and some events in cycling. God be with you Scott . . .

AR

JGB
25-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Australian beaten by an Austrian on the finish line in the womens Triathlon in 38 degree heat! ...stuff that im going back to work.

Kevin Bonham
26-08-2004, 12:38 AM
Just so I can say this before the event and get laughed at when she wins - I think this Pittman hype is all overblown. She's not the best in the world - close, but others are faster. She's just "world champion" because she beat them at one particular race. Doesn't make her gold medal favourite and the level of hype is disproportionate even taking the injury story into account - in the meantime, Australians I've never heard of are winning medals daily.

arosar
26-08-2004, 09:13 AM
Australian beaten by an Austrian on the finish line in the womens Triathlon in 38 degree heat! ...stuff that im going back to work.

Yeah, but AusTRIAN sounds close enough mate. And besides, this chick from your nick of the woods is actually an old Geelong lass - comes from a sheep shearing family or something rather. So I'm claiming this one as an Aussie gold.

Well done to Loretta Harrop for a great silver effort. She's so nice. Did you see her on The Dream last night?

Anyway, how about this Ryan Bailey? What a top bloke! Good sense of humour, humble and all that. Fantastic!

AR

arosar
26-08-2004, 09:14 AM
Just so I can say this before the event and get laughed at when she wins - I think this Pittman hype is all overblown.

She's a f**kin' drama queen. The sooner she leaves the front pages - the better for the rest of our team.

AR

ursogr8
26-08-2004, 09:30 AM
She's a f**kin' drama queen. The sooner she leaves the front pages - the better for the rest of our team.

AR

AR

If you had read Kevin's prediction in post #34 you would have set your expectation differently. Give up your trawling through newspaper headlines and just set KB on your BUDDY list on this BB. :uhoh:

starter

arosar
26-08-2004, 09:41 AM
Still, know what I think? I reckon that Greek gal's on drugs.

Now listen, you're posts are shifting to the right mate. It's cos of that URL you got. Change it man, it's friggin' annoying the shite outta me.

AR

ursogr8
26-08-2004, 09:50 AM
Still, know what I think? I reckon that Greek gal's on drugs.

Now listen, you're posts are shifting to the right mate. It's cos of that URL you got. Change it man, it's friggin' annoying the shite outta me.

AR

AR

Because you ask so nicely...consider it done.
Always nice to know some-one's breaking point.

starter

Kevin Bonham
26-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Anyway, how about this Ryan Bailey? What a top bloke! Good sense of humour, humble and all that. Fantastic!

I predict this man to be doing ads for Maccas or Hungry Jacks within 12 months off the back of his comments about his diet. Brilliant cyclist though. One of his wins in the sprint, when he made a mistake while way behind the other guy then rode him down anyway, was quite incredible.

One more gold for Australia's best ever gold medal tally. In a sense it would be nice if that didn't happen, because if it does I think Howard might call an election to try to exploit it.

arosar
26-08-2004, 04:08 PM
One more gold for Australia's best ever gold medal tally. In a sense it would be nice if that didn't happen, because if it does I think Howard might call an election to try to exploit it.

FMD! I hope that bas.tard Howard doesn't pull a Bush and exploit the Iraqi exploits to justify the war. Just think: it was an RAAF Herc that ferried that Iraqi contingent. And he's desperate mate. He knows his time is up.

Btw, you heard of Costello's somewhat independent remarks lately re Republicanism and a relaxed border control? Looks like the Treasurer's cleverly positioning himself.

AR

Alan Shore
30-08-2004, 06:41 AM
Unbelievable!!

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/olympics/apolympics_story.asp?category=2090&slug=OLY%20Marathon%20Intruder%20RUN

Those priests will do anything to cop a feel, won't they?

Personally I think the runner should be given a duplicate gold.

And eclectic reckons it would put you to sleep? :rolleyes:

Kevin Bonham
31-08-2004, 12:08 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:eek:

Watch him milk those ticker-tapes. He's a sporting tragic from way back. :rolleyes:

As for the nutter, it's a shame this individual wasn't skittled by Schumacher on his previous effort. I do think, however, that the impact of his tackle has been overdone by the meeja. The other guys were closing pretty fast by that stage, I think de Lima would have finished 3rd anyway.

Garvinator
31-08-2004, 12:21 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:eek:

Watch him milk those ticker-tapes. He's a sporting tragic from way back. :rolleyes:

As for the nutter, it's a shame this individual wasn't skittled by Schumacher on his previous effort. I do think, however, that the impact of his tackle has been overdone by the meeja. The other guys were closing pretty fast by that stage, I think de Lima would have finished 3rd anyway.

i remember one comment from seeing that as it was happening was from one of the commentators who said imagine what the reaction would be if it happened to an american athlete.

Kevin Bonham
31-08-2004, 12:32 AM
i remember one comment from seeing that as it was happening was from one of the commentators who said imagine what the reaction would be if it happened to an american athlete.

Indeed. And had it been a Greek athlete, I think the crowd would have ripped the guy into lots of little pieces.

I'll be interested to see if anything happens as a result of this latest "serial pest" case - eg whether some countries adopt tougher laws and we start seeing these kinds of characters being put away somewhere for a few years after their second offence. Some of the others are just "funny" but this guy actively tries to interfere in the result of the event.

Rhubarb
31-08-2004, 01:03 AM
Unbelievable!!

You're not going to believe this Bruce, but a few days ago I was watching the women's Marathon. The commentators were concentrating on the runner coming third and in the background a supporter waving her country's flag (Kenya or Ethiopia I think) was running along with her for a kilometre or so. I idly wondered what the hell they would do if some nutter ran across the barricades and tackled the leader. Then a few days later it actually happens!!

I thought that was pretty spooky and for a second or two I wondered if there could be anything supernatural about this. Something like "the fundamental interconnectedness of all things" as Dirk Gently would have it.

But then, alas(?), reason prevailed. Of the hundreds of millions of people watching, it seemed plausible that at least one other person had exactly the same thought as I. It did, however, give me a fleeting insight into the nature of coincidence as it relates to large numbers (c.f. the anthropic principle).

So should the Brazilian have got a gold medal as well? It's simply impossible to say whether he would have won or not, even if his lead was narrowing, as no one can weigh what the critical psychological effects were.

The athletics officials seem to take the attitude that it's all highly regrettable, but there's nothing they can do about it except tighten security, which would be an expensive pain in the arse for a marathon.

On a related note, there was the case of the women's 110m hurdles final. One of the favourites crashed and fell sideways, inadvertently taking the Russian(?) competitor out next to her. I couldn't believe it when the commentary team analysed the fall of the favourite in excrutiating detail, and only as an afterthought added, "And you have to feel sorry for the Russian girl as well."

Thank god that kind of shit doesn't happen in chess.

Alan Shore
31-08-2004, 04:59 AM
You're not going to believe this Bruce, but a few days ago I was watching the women's Marathon. The commentators were concentrating on the runner coming third and in the background a supporter waving her country's flag (Kenya or Ethiopia I think) was running along with her for a kilometre or so. I idly wondered what the hell they would do if some nutter ran across the barricades and tackled the leader. Then a few days later it actually happens!!

I thought that was pretty spooky and for a second or two I wondered if there could be anything supernatural about this. Something like "the fundamental interconnectedness of all things" as Dirk Gently would have it.

But then, alas(?), reason prevailed. Of the hundreds of millions of people watching, it seemed plausible that at least one other person had exactly the same thought as I. It did, however, give me a fleeting insight into the nature of coincidence as it relates to large numbers (c.f. the anthropic principle).

Hehe, a fleeting vision of the future perhaps? Most likely a coincidence though than a universe tailor-made for Greg ;)

So should the Brazilian have got a gold medal as well? It's simply impossible to say whether he would have won or not, even if his lead was narrowing, as no one can weigh what the critical psychological effects were.

I saw he was given another medal for 'sportsmanship' which seemed fair based on the way the race seemed to be going.

On a related note, there was the case of the women's 110m hurdles final. One of the favourites crashed and fell sideways, inadvertently taking the Russian(?) competitor out next to her. I couldn't believe it when the commentary team analysed the fall of the favourite in excrutiating detail, and only as an afterthought added, "And you have to feel sorry for the Russian girl as well."

I know, that really was shocking.. the poor Russian girl. Right out of that scene at the beginning of 'Cool Runnings' if anyone remembers that film, heh.

Actually I've got a couple of stories (both accidents though).

The first was back when I was about 11 (I didn't even know how to play chess then!) I was playing handball outside in the playground, smacked a winner that bounced out the playground, into the main hall and... right into a school champs chess game, the tennis ball skittling all pieces!

The second was instance told to me, happening in a real tournament.. I think it was the QLD Juniors in 1990 or thereabouts. Andrew Meldrum was on the top board and David McKinnon had a basketball in his hand and 'pretended' to throw the ball at Andrew's game when.. he it slipped out of his fingers and the pieces went flying!

arosar
31-08-2004, 10:07 AM

Maaate!! Do I have the book for you? It's called "Coincidences" by English GM James Plaskett. I actually bought it off him on ICC - can't recall how many shekels it cost me. If you're on ICC, type "fi Parsifal". The book basically catalogues the many coincidences in Plaskett's life. Very boring read.

This is nowhere near the controvery over Paul Hamm's gold. Some people are saying he should give it back (the FIG has actually requested him to do so). But he says he deserves it. I find his attitude arrogant, but I can't help thinking that all this is the fault of incompetent judges. So I think the diplomatic thing to do is for the FIG to issue 2 gold medals.

I couldn't believe it when the commentary team analysed the fall of the favourite in excrutiating detail, and only as an afterthought added, "And you have to feel sorry for the Russian girl as well."

It wasn't the American NBC coverage, was it? In the US, NBC has been much criticised for adopting too 'nationalistic' an approach in their commentary. Whenever there are Americans in a given event, the commentators just ignore everyone or give the other competitors only a passing mention.

Now about hurdles. Mate, how about that Chinaman who won the men's gold in 110m hurdles? I never knew they could run like that?

And what about out silver in the 4x400m men's relay? Fanbloodytastic eh! I also liked Matt Helm's silver in the men's 10m diving.

AR