PDA

View Full Version : Tournament in Maryborough 19 June

Allan Menham
12-01-2010, 06:39 PM
The Bundaberg Chess Club Inc is investigating the possibility of holding a one day tournament in Maryborough Qld on 19 June. As soon as any decision is made, it will be advertised on the CAQ website and on Chess chat

Chess rules!!:clap:

Allan Menham
02-02-2010, 01:49 PM
The holding of the tournament has been confirmed. Full details will be on the CAQ Website under unrated tournaments
\
Other information can be obtained from Allan on menhamat@hotmail.com

:D

Jeff Dyer
12-04-2010, 08:00 AM
I played in one last year, and hope I can make it to this one.

Allan Menham
30-05-2010, 05:32 PM
There has been quite a bit of interest shown in the Tournament. It should be a good gathering of chess people. Maryborough players are expected to come out in force!!:clap:

Allan Menham
19-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Twenty nine players competed in this tournament at Maryborough. Eleven of the players travelled from Bundaberg with the other players being from Maryborough, Suncoast and Brisbane.

The tournament was played in two divisions, a senior division and a junior division.

Paul Summers from Suncoast won the Senior Division with a score of 7.5 games out of eight. At the end of round seven, Paul had seven straight wins but Bundaberg Chess Club President John Harris fought Paul to a draw in Round eight, stopping Paul from getting a grand slam win. Joe Wycha from Brisbane gained second place and Andre Loke from Bundaberg gained third place.

In the Junior Division, Brandon Lowe of Maryborough won first place with a score of 7.5 games out of eight. Brandon had a draw with Dylan Hepenstall of Bundaberg in Round three, thereby stopping Brandon from a grand slam win. Dylan Hepenstall gained second place with Andrew Olley from Bundaberg gaining third place.

Director of Play Allan Menham said there were many close games. The next tournament to test players skills is the Bundaberg Weekender Chess Tournament on 21/22 August. There are also Children’s Chess Tournaments on 8 July and 25 July in Bundaberg.

Jeff Dyer
20-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Well done Allan!

I enjoyed playing in this tournament and I know everyone I spoke to at the tournament did as well.