PDA

View Full Version : Tournaments

Alexrules01
08-01-2010, 04:23 PM
I was wandering if anyone knows what happened to a couple of tournaments that I have played in the last few years, but last year and this year they don't seem to be there. It is mainly the Mingara and Toukley Weekenders, which where very nice tournaments to play in. These 2 tournaments where only about an hour away, which was good. So last year I only played in the Newcastle and Gosford Opens. Im guessing the problem was numbers, but I would like to see if anyone as other information?

Adamski
08-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Alex, Keith Farrell would be best person to contact. He is currently playing in Sydney for the Aus Champs. Email: keith@gosfordchess.com

Alexrules01
08-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Alright, I might send him a message, thanks!

Trent Parker
09-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Yes alex unfortunately Toukley chess club died out so no more toukley. And then Gary Losh who organised the last Mingara Open a couple of years ago was disenfranchised at the low numbers he got to the mingara tournament and then decided not to run it..... They did run a rapid play tournament last year? or maybe the previous years.

These were tournaments that I really used to enjoy going to but they are no more...... sad

Alexrules01
09-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Yes alex unfortunately Toukley chess club died out so no more toukley. And then Gary Losh who organised the last Mingara Open a couple of years ago was disenfranchised at the low numbers he got to the mingara tournament and then decided not to run it..... They did run a rapid play tournament last year? or maybe the previous years.

These were tournaments that I really used to enjoy going to but they are no more...... sad

Thanks Trent. It is sad, Toukley was the first adult tournmanet I played in, and scored 1/7 (from bye) :P Shame, now I have to travel to Sydney more