NRMASIFD&GKFKBBK
21-11-2009, 10:03 PM
http://www.davidsmerdon.com/

Kevin Bonham
21-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Nice. Thanks for the link.

Davidflude
22-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Most of the games from round one of the World Cup are available at the Chessbase web site. As is well known I supplied the smurf with a lot of stuff on on the dragon which I felt might be of assistance. However his opponent played the castles queenside without Bc4. He varies his lines against the dragon. I never gave the Smurf any games in the line played. No-one plays it against me in correspondence.

In my opinion the dragon is great for match play as black can often draw with only a few moves played after the opening.

I may post the game after I have looked at it.

GO THE SMURF

Watto
24-12-2009, 10:25 AM
An excellent blog, some very interesting posts and insights. My only gripe is that I thought he was a bit overly sentimental about Christmas... ! ;)

Tony Dowden
24-12-2009, 01:20 PM
An excellent blog, some very interesting posts and insights. My only gripe is that I thought he was a bit overly sentimental about Christmas... ! ;)

Well yes, Watto ... not to mention that extensive theological explanation linking the celebration of Christmas with that man/God: Jesus of Nazareth and Jesus Christ who offers personal salvation ;)

But the genuinely grandmasterly novelty was the notion of not celebrating the "pagan" feast day of Christmas because Santa isn't real :eek:

:hmm: Definitely original and maybe not completely illogical (at least not if Dec 25 is renamed 'Santamas')