PDA

View Full Version : Victorian Blitz Ch on 29 November 2009

Davidflude
14-10-2009, 10:03 AM
There was a small error in the latest bulletin from the Australian Chess Federation.

The venue of the Victorian Blitz Ch on 21 November 2009 is 3 Rochester Road Canterbury not The Melbourne Chess Club as reported in the bulletin.

A bulletin giving details of this event will be issued shortly.

Source Leonard Sandler 9.10.2009

Davidflude
14-10-2009, 10:17 AM
There were two small errors in the latest bulletin from the Australian Chess Federation.

The date of the Victorian Blitz Championship is 29th November not 21st November.

The venue is 3 Rochester Road Canterbury not The Melbourne Chess Club as reported in the bulletin.

A bulletin giving details of this event will be issued shortly.

Garvinator
14-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Please display the tournament information.

ER
14-10-2009, 10:51 AM
David, please delete the first two messages and publish the proper tournament information as garv suggests.

MichaelBaron
15-10-2009, 08:56 AM
I think it was easy to guess that it is Canterbury rather MCC...when was the last time an official CV event was held outside Canterbury?

Garvinator
15-10-2009, 09:13 AM
I think it was easy to guess that it is Canterbury rather MCC...when was the last time an official CV event was held outside Canterbury?
When was the last time MCC tendered for an official CV event? If I understand how the processes work in Victoria.

MichaelBaron
15-10-2009, 10:01 AM
When was the last time MCC tendered for an official CV event? If I understand how the processes work in Victoria.

Good question! Even better question, when was the last time Victorian clubs were encouraged to make a bid?

Carl Gorka
15-10-2009, 10:08 AM

Certainly not this year, although we offered our premises to CV should they need it for events such as interclub, Vic Ch etc.

We have been too busy sorting our own house out to get involved with organising CV events, though according to the rental agreement which Bill Gletsos mentioned in the Cordover thread, part of that agreement entailed CV to run their events at BHCC so there seems to be some conflicting issues ivolved in the current bidding procedure.

Anyway, I'm sure the event will be run smoothly at BHCC, they have a great deal of experience:)

Garvinator
15-10-2009, 12:55 PM
David, please delete the first two messages and publish the proper tournament information as garv suggests.
Clearly not ;)

ER
15-10-2009, 02:54 PM
I mean what's the point of correcting twice something which hasn't been published and which can be corrected before it's published in due time? It only creates confusion, oh well I don't know it might be me!
BTW MCC has by far more experience than any other existing club in Victoria at present (not to mention certain periods of the past) in organising lightning and allegro events!
They are definitely a force in this field!