PDA

View Full Version : Tamworth Club?

Phil Bourke
07-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Is there a chess club in Tamworth?

Any details would be appreciated, I am heading up there for 4-5 days soon and thought that if circumstances permit, I would call in for a cuppa, chat and game or two.

ER
10-10-2009, 10:43 PM
With that country and western mentality there they are probably only into draught, ludo and line dancing but best of luck

why do you always have to be such a negative know all, smart arse, bad mouthing people for no reason!

87 HillvueTamworth NSW 2340 CONTACT: JOHN KING, TIMES: WEDNESDAY AT 7PM EACH WEEK, VENUE: 87 HILLVUE ROAD, TAMWORTH

Phil Bourke
11-10-2009, 01:44 AM
Thanks. Will give it a try.

Kevin Bonham
12-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Off-topic discussion from this thread including AC's original post that justaknight replied to above has been moved to the non-chess section.

Phil Bourke
18-10-2009, 08:29 PM
To conclude, or continue, this discussion.

Just back from the National Equine and Livestock Exhibition at the Australian Equine and Livestock Events Centre in Tamworth where our daughter competed in the first ever Australian Trick Riding Championships. She was disappointed on Thu night when one of her tricks in the compulsory section went awry but was delighted to finish in sixth place after the freestyle component on Fri night and also win the Stephanie Coldstream Memorial Encouragement Award.

Tamworth Chess Club is still functioning with a core group of six members, and an additional four who drop in for occassional games. I had the pleasure of meeting three of them on Wed night, their regular night, at John King's home, with apologies from the others for not being able to make it. I played two games, one against John and one against Roy Dennis. We had a nice chat and am pleased to say that they consider they are doing well with their juniors in schools etc, but disappointed that they don't continue playing as they enter adulthood.

All in all, I would say anyone going up that way would enjoy their company and should avail themselves of the opportunity for a game in a very nice club.

ER
18-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Just back from the National Equine and Livestock Exhibition at the Australian Equine and Livestock Events Centre in Tamworth where our daughter competed in the first ever Australian Trick Riding Championships (...)

Congratulations to young Ms Bourke!!!:clap:

Tamworth Chess Club is still functioning with a core group of six members, and an additional four who drop in for occassional games. I had the pleasure of meeting three of them on Wed night, their regular night, at John King's home, (...)

Glad I contributed to Phil's wonderful experience in Tamworth, and I hope the locals there know about this Forum, where they are most welcome to publish information about their Club, games, news etc!

Thanks Phil for sharing your report with us! :)

lost
19-10-2009, 02:25 AM
This may sound outright stupid, but do we know all the member's names at the the Tamworth Chess Club?

If so, could someone list the member's of the club?

lost

tms1968
15-09-2014, 11:32 AM
There are regular chess games scheduled in Tamworth at Tamworth Chess Club - Wednesday 7pm - Digger - 24 Kable Avenue - All wellcome. https://sites.google.com/site/chesstamworth/