PDA

View Full Version : Moderation: questions, discussion and completely pointless whinging

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

littlesprout85
02-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Augh !!!!!!!

No wonder why sproutys ears been ringing for days now :eek:

Why is there ppl wanting gag sprouty in da shoutbox now:?:eh:

For these few ppl , sproutys got a lil word of advice for them who seek to limit- barr- Ban ppl who bring so-So much joy to this site. Besides Joy,sprouty brings along droves of other ppl from other gaming sites to chesschats.

The shoutbox long ago was this cramped lil place where ppl neva spoke about anything else but chess tourneys. Where to much extent was for the Mods to communicate. Then Sprouty & Heavys(justaknight) clocked inz- and this all changed. Today the membership of this site has increased 10x.

Meh have been jabbed at in the past for using the shoutbox. Especially in the very beggining from some of the most frequent users of this site. Meh not going to mention any nics here for risk of dragging a few good ppl into the discussion to back meh claims of wrong doing.

But heres a Fact, sprout has confirmed that other members that are sproutys personal friends are no longer visiting this site because of this very subject of limiting speech in the shoutbox. They have e-mailed meh and told meh of the nature of the offenses. Also the way they feel about chesschats now. :eek:

This is a very important subject that really needs to be addressed. The members that have imformed meh are the very same ppl that directed sprouty to chesschats in the first place after msn.zone closed down. (zonechess) :wall:

-Sprout85 =)

Kevin Bonham
02-11-2009, 11:10 PM
When I think about it again, I have had so many and overlapping bans maybe this did or did not occur, pretty confusing when still fighting over first ban when banned again. But would you like to answer the question anyway please?

I do not remember any case where one mod has banned someone for an offence then another mod has lengthened the sentence for the same offence.

There have been cases where someone has been banned for one thing then while they are banned another offence has been committed or discovered and they have then been banned for longer.

Desmond
03-11-2009, 09:21 AM
I can vaguely remember a case where one mod (Bill?) said something in the shoutbox along the lines of, "You'll be banned for that". At the same time another mod (Kevin?) was posting a warning for the same offence. Can't remember who the offender was, but playing the odds it may well have been ac. In that case, the lesser penalty (warning) was applied.

ER
03-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Can't remember who the offender was, but playing the odds it may well have been ac.

Even money for Ax, A/C. Jaydon a remote chance! Boxed trifecta (I learned this expression today) pays good money particularly if Jaydon gets a first or second place!

antichrist
03-11-2009, 07:31 PM
I can vaguely remember a case where one mod (Bill?) said something in the shoutbox along the lines of, "You'll be banned for that". At the same time another mod (Kevin?) was posting a warning for the same offence. Can't remember who the offender was, but playing the odds it may well have been ac. In that case, the lesser penalty (warning) was applied.

I think KB did the warning and Bill the banning. The more severe ban did apply. They could not wait to get at me - one did the punching while the other was putting in the boot - bovver boy style.

I think was only for one offence and only a mild one at that. They did not want to miss the chance to get blood on their hands.

But I am not complaining coz have had a few retrieves. But I do dispute one offence altogether. Either Bill is having nightmares about me and imagining things or I am getting forgetful.

If only they would retrieve that Pope Poll and all would be forgiven.

ER
03-11-2009, 10:02 PM
If only they would retrieve that Pope Poll and all would be forgiven.
Not by the Pope I don't think! :hmm:

antichrist
04-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Not by the Pope I don't think! :hmm:

KB was shirty coz Shirty was winning it over himself. The other contestants were Dame Edna, Pauline Hanson, Lloyd Fell, Shane Warne, Germain Greer and can't remember the others (maybe AC) - but a beer for anyone who can.

Kevin Bonham
04-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Actually I didn't delete any of the three versions of AC's stupid Pope Poll. One of them received no votes, one received one vote for Shirty and no votes for anyone else, and one received two votes for antichrist and one vote for Lloyd Fell.

antichrist
04-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Actually I didn't delete any of the three versions of AC's stupid Pope Poll. One of them received no votes, one received one vote for Shirty and no votes for anyone else, and one received two votes for antichrist and one vote for Lloyd Fell.

That is the first time I saw the figures - that means I won - thanks, fantastic.

Now can you fix up my suicide poll - Bill deleted it before I could string the rope up? He has been the most hated person on the BB ever since.

Kevin Bonham
04-11-2009, 06:50 PM
The only form of "fixing" I might consider for any of your polls is hard deletion.

antichrist
04-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Do you think JAK is getting to the *** stage - imagining things?

*** was deleted and replaced with *** - isn't that going too far? Obsessional!

antichrist
04-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Has sprouty run amok recently in the SB?

ER
04-11-2009, 07:26 PM
hey what happened to my asterisks? Didn't I respond to his? was it in another thread or I just see stars???

Saragossa
05-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Thank you Kevin for editting Froggy's posts in the Victoria proposed' thread.

Kevin Bonham
05-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Thank you Kevin for editting Froggy's posts in the Victoria proposed' thread.

It was a marginal call on my part as he wasn't breaking any rules. Shirty used very similar language earlier in the thread but Shirty substantiated his attacks by pointing out issues on which MB had been clueless.

antichrist
11-11-2009, 04:23 PM
New additional shoutbox guidelines

The shoutbox is for chatting, conversations and for relaying information concerning unfolding events (especially chess related, other sports or events where there is sufficient interest). It is not for:

* extended monologues
* strident soapboxing about political or religious non-chess issues. Take it to a thread.
* transcription of song lyrics just because you happen to be listening to a given song. If you want to inform the forum about what you are listening to do so at http://chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=398.

As a general principle if you have made ten shouts unrelated to chess in a row with no-one responding you should wait until someone does. There will be some exceptions (for instance if relaying event updates of interest to members or answering complex questions).

We will not be comma-counting on this but if individual shouters persistently go way outside these guidelines they risk suspensions from the shoutbox.

I reakon 5 unanswered in a row is enough, and check that a hydra is not answering them. I have verbal dyrea and I reakon I could contain myself to 5

ER
11-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi Kev, what happens in case of publishing an A/C interview or parts of it while he is banned?
Do I violate the "quoting a banned user" regulation?
I thought of the contextual close but then again A/C and context do not usually relate to each other!
So can I continue publishing his responses while he is banned?

I reakon 5 unanswered in a row is enough, and check that a hydra is not answering them. I have verbal dyrea and I reakon I could contain myself to 5
You be quiet now, "dyrea" or not you are banned from the SB for 24 hours (and that's lenient in my opinion) so careful don't spoil our Xmas and N/Y special!
Sending firsr cluster of questions during next weekend sometime!

Kevin Bonham
11-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi Kev, what happens in case of publishing an A/C interview or parts of it while he is banned?
Do I violate the "quoting a banned user" regulation?
I thought of the contextual close but then again A/C and context do not usually relate to each other!
So can I continue publishing his responses while he is banned?

He's only banned from the shoutbox today which doesn't affect quoting him.

Under the current rules if he is banned at the time you want to quote him you have to wait until he is unbanned again before quoting him.

Thus if he is unbanned when you interview him it might be safer to publish it all quickly before he gets himself banned again. :lol:

antichrist
12-11-2009, 08:20 PM
excuse me but I wanted a decision on a legal matter but the post was deleted - I will just cut my tongue out next time

Kevin Bonham
12-11-2009, 08:24 PM
excuse me but I wanted a decision on a legal matter but the post was deleted - I will just cut my tongue out next time

Your post made Israel/Palestine analogies and you have been repeatedly warned against doing this. Apart from that your post was OK except that the content of the post you quoted and commented on was bordering on defamatory.

You are now completely banned from discussing the Israel/Palestine situation without our permission on any thread that is not devoted to it (except if necessary in your responses to jak's interview questions), permanently. If you want permission to do so you must PM first.

Any breach will lead to a minimum one-week ban.

antichrist
12-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Your post made Israel/Palestine analogies and you have been repeatedly warned against doing this. Apart from that your post was OK except that the content of the post you quoted and commented on was bordering on defamatory.

You are now completely banned from discussing the Israel/Palestine situation without our permission on any thread that is not devoted to it (except if necessary in your responses to jak's interview questions), permanently. If you want permission to do so you must PM first.

Any breach will lead to a minimum one-week ban.

But was this a pre-established rule or only from tonight? Don't foreign posts that break house rules come under the same legal imprint as banned posters - they can be quoted as long as they also commented upon? we must have consistency so when I think up a new diversion I can get away with it at least once.

Kevin Bonham
13-11-2009, 12:37 AM
But was this a pre-established rule or only from tonight?

You have had approximately nine million warnings about off-topic I/P analogies although that number may be an underestimate.

Don't foreign posts that break house rules come under the same legal imprint as banned posters - they can be quoted as long as they also commented upon?

Not if the material quoted is illegal.

we must have consistency so when I think up a new diversion I can get away with it at least once.

I would not bet on that.

minederien
17-11-2009, 09:09 AM
When trying to use my original member name I was refused entry with these remarks :
Reason = None
Date ban will be lifted = Never.

I have never been abusive and I would like to know why I was banned.

Thank you in advance for your reply

Bill Gletsos
17-11-2009, 09:16 AM
When trying to use my original member name I was refused entry with these remarks :
Reason = None
Date ban will be lifted = Never.

I have never been abusive and I would like to know why I was banned.

Thank you in advance for your replyTo answer that question we would need to know what your original member name was?

minederien
17-11-2009, 09:18 AM
It was "leroipere"

Kevin Bonham
17-11-2009, 11:38 AM
It appears that your account was accidentally banned during a mass cleanout of spammer accounts. Someone (probably me) just checked the wrong box.

Apologies for the error and the inconvenience - account leroipere is now unbanned.

leroipere
18-11-2009, 09:09 AM
It appears that your account was accidentally banned during a mass cleanout of spammer accounts. Someone (probably me) just checked the wrong box.

Apologies for the error and the inconvenience - account leroipere is now unbanned.

Okay, thanks. Glad to be back !

ER
18-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Poor Louis never had your luck your Majesty! hey that should be in the death penalty thread sorry! :)

antichrist
19-11-2009, 02:29 PM
in ref to the above post I thought that I should be rewarded at lease once for creativity - for finding a loophole. Gee you are tough
------------------------------

Kevin Bonham
antichrist repeated this behaviour today in a clearly trolling fashion.

antichrist is banned from the shoutbox for two weeks.

antichrist
20-11-2009, 08:41 PM
in Berlin Wall thread surely I can mention that other wall in I/P conflict coz the P leaders certainly see the analogy?

Kevin Bonham
20-11-2009, 08:57 PM
in Berlin Wall thread surely I can mention that other wall in I/P conflict coz the P leaders certainly see the analogy?

They see how the Berlin Wall is relevant to their situation but it doesn't make their situation relevant to it 20 years after it came down.

antichrist
21-11-2009, 07:22 PM
from Shoutbox:
[20-11-2009 11:06 PM] Kevin Bonham: looks like sweeney again cannot handle his liquor. @ "thierry henry must die" in toolbox
[20-11-2009 11:34 PM] Kevin Bonham: "You gotta know the boundrays 0f ""box" before you known where the outsideis wich is where you think you are." -well hey, i think there's something in that for all of us

A/C
If I (and Axiom) are heavily restricted concerning shoutbox topics (no politics I/P and religion in my case) then surely you must also be restricted in containing the rubbish above to Detox thread? What's good for the goose is good for the gander - otherwise we are mates!

antichrist
21-11-2009, 07:24 PM
They see how the Berlin Wall is relevant to their situation but it doesn't make their situation relevant to it 20 years after it came down.

Well the other day on the Berlin wall humpty dumpty anniversary the Palestinians (can I say that word here?) stated that if the Berlin Wall can come down they why also can't the Israeli wall come down that is trespassing on their property and cutting them off from their communities and farms?

I will post it in P/I thread for an appetiser.

The Palestinians have been locked out of their homeland for about 50 years - surely that has some relevance to the 20 years for the Berlin Wall - how long have got to wait? Seeing you are making judgements here on relevance I must also must make comments. When the link has been made in the politicial world it would be much simpler to also allow the link to be made here in the same thread.

CameronD
21-11-2009, 07:29 PM
I propose that a new thread be made called

Antichrists stupid nomsence complaining thread.

All posts from here by him (90%) can be moved and this thread kept clear for genune cases.

Kevin Bonham
21-11-2009, 07:44 PM
A/C
If I (and Axiom) are heavily restricted concerning shoutbox topics (no politics I/P and religion in my case) then surely you must also be restricted in containing the rubbish above to Detox thread?

No because you are a habitual offender when it comes to babbling about the issues that you do at high volume even though nobody else cares.

:lol:

Re Berlin and I/P nothing you have said changes my previous view but you are welcome to make the comparison in threads relevant to Israel/Palestine.

antichrist
21-11-2009, 07:57 PM
No because you are a habitual offender when it comes to babbling about the issues that you do at high volume even though nobody else cares.

Re Berlin and I/P nothing you have said changes my previous view but you are welcome to make the comparison in threads relevant to Israel/Palestine.

I must be careful coz you also know how to quote in red.

First of all many people do care about the Palestinian/Isreal conflict. That is evidenced by the high number of non Palestinian people who are involved in Palestinian support groups in Australia. There are appox 20 pro-Palestinian Jewish groups in Israel - so many people do care. You are administering biased political censorship.

Concerning high volume nagging in shoutbox, it was me who suggested that shoutbox posting be restricted to 5 unanswered posts by the one poster whereas you have made it 10. All because you don't want to upset Sprouty coz he is .merican!

Bill Gletsos
21-11-2009, 08:03 PM
I must be careful coz you also know how to quote in red.

First of all many people do care about the Palestinian/Isreal conflict. That is evidenced by the high number of non Palestinian people who are involved in Palestinian support groups in Australia. There are appox 20 pro-Palestinian Jewish groups in Israel - so many people do care. You are administering biased political censorship.Your problem is you proliferate your I/P stuff all over the place in totally irrelevant threads. You do the same in the shoutbox using any excuse to mention it.

This was the same situation with Axiom except his was based on conspiracy theories, Alex Jones, ignowars etc.

Concerning high volume nagging in shoutbox, it was me who suggested that shoutbox posting be restricted to 5 unanswered posts by the one poster whereas you have made it 10. All because you don't want to upset Sprouty coz he is .merican!If you believe the mods here would base any site rule decisions on suggestions from you then you are deluding yourself.

antichrist
21-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Your problem is you proliferate your I/P stuff all over the place in totally irrelevant threads. You do the same in the shoutbox using any excuse to mention it.

This was the same situation with Axiom except his was based on conspiracy theories, Alex Jones, ignowars etc.
If you believe the mods here would base any site rule decisions on suggestions from you then you are deluding yourself.

Excuse me but what about when you chased Starter all around the board with that Bucket and Mop and in Red as well that Axiom was also barred from using - you will need that Bucket and Mop now coz you have slipped in it.

Coz it was all round the board it had to be off topic in about 20 threads.

You have now copped a left, a right and an uppercut. But I am not nasty like Matt was - I am enjoying it.

Kevin Bonham
21-11-2009, 09:16 PM
First of all many people do care about the Palestinian/Isreal conflict. That is evidenced by the high number of non Palestinian people who are involved in Palestinian support groups in Australia. There are appox 20 pro-Palestinian Jewish groups in Israel - so many people do care.

Sure but how many members of those groups read or post on this here forum?

You are administering biased political censorship.

Twaddle. I do not even take any particular side on I/P.

Concerning high volume nagging in shoutbox, it was me who suggested that shoutbox posting be restricted to 5 unanswered posts by the one poster whereas you have made it 10. All because you don't want to upset Sprouty coz he is .merican!

Twaddle again. Your suggestion was impractical and you were only trying to get others over-restricted because you don't like the restrictions imposed on you.

Bill Gletsos
21-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Excuse me but what about when you chased Starter all around the board with that Bucket and Mop and in Red as well that Axiom was also barred from using - you will need that Bucket and Mop now coz you have slipped in it.

Coz it was all round the board it had to be off topic in about 20 threads.Lets not have you misrepresenting the facts.

I first used the words 'Alert, Mop and Bucket Required' back on 11/05/06.
I last used it in response to starter on 09/07/2006.
During that period starter made 238 posts and I made 734 posts.
I used the above term 10 times in response to starters posts. Seven posts were on the main board and 3 in the Coffee Lounge.
I used it over 6 threads, 4 on the main board and 2 in the Coffee Lounge.

As for the use of red text, Axiom was not barred for using it in posts.
He was told to refrain from using it in the shoutbox.
He chose to ignore that and was banned for disobeying a moderation direction.

You have now copped a left, a right and an uppercut. But I am not nasty like Matt was - I am enjoying it.All you have done is deliver an uppercut to yourself.
Well done.

Kevin Bonham
21-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Coz it was all round the board it had to be off topic in about 20 threads.

Actually if the style of posting it was commenting on was occurring on those threads then how was it off topic?

You have now copped a left, a right and an uppercut.

You have just been thrown out of the ring. :hand:

Saragossa
25-11-2009, 08:16 PM
I have to throw over an apology to AC for making a quip at him whilst he was unarmed. I hereby award him a one free shot at me token.

CameronD
25-11-2009, 10:22 PM
I have to throw over an apology to AC for making a quip at him whilst he was unarmed. I hereby award him a one free shot at me token.

Someone should inform antichrist thast he needs tokens to attack people here, i dont think he understands that.

antichrist
29-11-2009, 02:19 PM
antichrist banned for a week for off-topic posting about issues to do with religion.

A/C
I have no idea what this one was about but who cares - it is the effect that matters - to be seen to be doing somethinig. And as a few of my bannings were not itemised in relevant thread I would estimate that I am ahead of Axiom. I won't be beaten by a maddie

antichrist
01-12-2009, 09:21 PM
why aren't multiply bans served concurrently as in the criminal justice system of this country? I could then confess to a few you have missed and have a clean slate

Kevin Bonham
02-12-2009, 01:20 AM
why aren't multiply bans served concurrently as in the criminal justice system of this country? I could then confess to a few you have missed and have a clean slate

If we enforced a ban for every bannable thing you did you would by now be serving 82 consecutive life sentences.

TrueBeliever
02-12-2009, 01:09 PM
I thought that Rincewind's Snail King's and my own were relevant to the discussion of the non decleration of the votes even if only to counteract your over the top astonisment post

Kevin Bonham
02-12-2009, 01:21 PM
I thought that Rincewind's Snail King's and my own were relevant to the discussion of the non decleration of the votes even if only to counteract your over the top astonisment post

There was no "highhanded"-ness; it is simply the case that a discussion that was arguably off-topic to begin with (the journalistic ethics of reporting the result) was intertwining with a discussion that was on-topic (the fact that the result was not announced to the meeting) and picking exactly which posts to put in or leave out of the split in such cases is often tricky.

I have now moved those four posts back although arguably this is not the ideal solution either.

ER
02-12-2009, 05:24 PM
There was no "highhanded"-ness; it is simply the case that a discussion that was arguably off-topic to begin with (the journalistic ethics of reporting the result) was intertwining with a discussion that was on-topic (the fact that the result was not announced to the meeting) and picking exactly which posts to put in or leave out of the split in such cases is often tricky.

I have now moved those four posts back although arguably this is not the ideal solution either.

What's the point? Whatever nano does would always be excused because he is a part of the team, even when he blatantly edits his original crap! However, whatever he does he gets no interview (his main purpose of attacking me) and no promise I won't keep on running rings around the gong fool like everyone else does whenever he thinks he can be smart in serious threads!

Kevin Bonham
02-12-2009, 05:34 PM
What's the point? Whatever nano does would always be excused because he is a part of the team, even when he blatantly edits his original crap!

I don't think this is about anyone doing or not doing anything wrong and I am not apportioning any guilt on anyone's part; it is simply the case that a thread went down a tangential but interesting side-alley and then turned into a mild flamewar and therefore parts of it have been moved elsewhere.

The rest of your post was off-topic for this thread which should be confined to discussion of moderation.

Rincewind
06-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Moderation notice

Flamewar mentioned in a few posts above moved here (http://chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=11142). If you want to discuss this decision (or request deletion, which I might even consider!) please do so on the Moderation thread in the feedback section.

To prevent future problems would you rather I just report gratuitous trolling rather than replying to it?

Kevin Bonham
06-12-2009, 11:38 PM
To prevent future problems would you rather I just report gratuitous trolling rather than replying to it?

I'm not at all fussed either way!

antichrist
08-12-2009, 07:51 PM

I can be insulted in SB and nothing happens - but if I dish something out I get barred for weeks for trolling - how about some consistency.

Adamski
10-12-2009, 10:37 PM
I haven't seen any explanation as to why Jak's account is suspended. Can something be posted? Ta, and hope to see you back soon, Jak.

Kevin Bonham
10-12-2009, 10:50 PM
I haven't seen any explanation as to why Jak's account is suspended. Can something be posted?

He just requested that the account be suspended via a shout in the shoutbox and I confirmed with him via PM that that was his intention and told him how to reactivate it whenever he felt inclined.

Suspension has the same effect as a ban but it is requested by the user and can be ended as soon as the user wants to return to posting.

Why some posters feel the need to have their accounts suspended when they don't want to post for a while instead of, well, just not logging on, is one of life's intractable mysteries.

As for his reasons for requesting suspension, all we know is that in the shoutbox he said he was taking a long break from both forums. No reason for the break was given. He has been involved in a few scraps recently on both forums but I wouldn't presume that they were the cause of the break.

Adamski
10-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Thanks, Kevin. Maybe Jak wants to focus on preparing for the norths Classic in January and not get distracted (as it is so easy to do) by reading lots of Chess Chat! On that note - to bed!

antichrist
11-12-2009, 03:57 PM
I cant log out - do you want me to hang around like a bad smell?

Kevin Bonham
11-12-2009, 07:03 PM
I cant log out - do you want me to hang around like a bad smell?

Try going to http://chesschat.org/login.php?do=logout (I suggest copy and paste into location bar and press return rather than click on it, but it may not matter). You should get a message that says an error occurred and telling you to click here to log out. Click that text and you should be logged out successfully.

While I'm communicating with you, please stop posting so much silly crap in this thread, and in particular do not essentially repost stuff we've deleted elsewhere under the guise of asking why it was deleted.

Metro
12-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Why some posters feel the need to have their accounts suspended when they don't want to post for a while instead of, well, just not logging on, is one of life's intractable mysteries.

I think the reason is along the lines of a compulsion.The poster does not trust himself/herself not to respond on the spur of the moment.Suspension creates a stumbling block to posting.(these comments are not directed towards an individual.)

littlesprout85
12-12-2009, 09:12 PM
WAT THEEEEE !!!!!!!!!

leave it to met to go all phsyco analyzing meh buds Knights. Ems dont know the Real Heavys like sprouty does.

The King Shall Return . . . .. . . . .. . . . . .. . . .

-Sprout85

antichrist
12-12-2009, 10:41 PM
WAT THEEEEE !!!!!!!!!

leave it to met to go all phsyco analyzing meh buds Knights. Ems dont know the Real Heavys like sprouty does.

-Sprout85

Spruty, you sound like a hip hop artist (if they are artists?)

Metro
13-12-2009, 05:04 PM
WAT THEEEEE !!!!!!!!!

-Sprout85
I made it clear I am not targetting an individual.
I don't know the real Heavys ?You live in Az,USA and where is JAK? Do you know him in person?
As for other reasons for account suspension:
1.It can be an announcement(to other members) of unavailablility.
2.Fear of hacker use.

Kevin Bonham
13-12-2009, 05:08 PM
As for other reasons for account suspension:
1.It can be an announcement(to other members) of unavailablility.

Yes; that may be the intention in this case.

Sometimes, as with those who quit the other place after Alex's domain name/hydra spamming stunt, it can be done as a protest.

AC: I moved your question about the thread link to a new thread as it was a technical question and not about moderation.

Basil
13-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Added to the various plausible reasons for self-defenestration is the attainment of a 30,000 shout count. That's quite some dribbling ;) :D

antichrist
13-12-2009, 11:12 PM
can I request a different mod to handle my They Said it effort?

Kevin Bonham
13-12-2009, 11:36 PM
can I request a different mod to handle my They Said it effort?

You can request it but whether you'll get what you request is a different story. :lol:

As it happened I thought your latest effort was okay but if some other mod disagrees and wants to delete it I am happy to recuse so they can do so. :lol:

littlesprout85
15-12-2009, 12:39 AM
Alrighty Then . . . . . ..

meh thought that this was the "pointless whining thread". thats why meh was dribbling & carrying onz in this thread. Justa trying to get the mods of chesschats in da holiday spirit - Carry Onz !!!!!1

-Sprout85 =)

Kevin Bonham
15-12-2009, 01:00 AM
We're always in the holiday spirit ...

... we give antichrist holidays often. :owned:

antichrist
28-12-2009, 11:06 PM
We're always in the holiday spirit ...

... we give antichrist holidays often. :owned:

this thread has not been used since I left - disgraceful!

I will try and make up for lost time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

KB
antichrist's ban was to expire in 3-4 days.

However he has chosen to rant about CC moderation elsewhere at length, and while most of it is just bilious personal drivel that we are struggling to translate into English, he has made some misleading claims about moderation on this site. He should have waited until his ban expired and then discussed his concerns here.

antichrist's ban has therefore been reset to 10 days, effectively adding slightly under a week to his original ban.

thanks for the invitation to discuss it here. Because on numerous occasions your response has to be:
a. dont respond
b. if intended for Bill you delete it before Bill reads it
c. delete it
d. threaten to bar me
e. bar me
f. even delete conversations I have had with Admin on this thread.

I think you would suffocate a baby if it cried

Kevin Bonham
28-12-2009, 11:30 PM
I think you would suffocate a baby if it cried

Well if it behaved the way you do and then whinged about its treatment I would certainly question its development.

The fact is that you have virtually always been free to discuss the way in which you have been moderated on this thread while unbanned - if you can stick to just doing that.

However you have frequently abused that freedom, including by discussing (or trolling about) completely unrelated matters and analogies, and by reposting deleted material on this thread under the guise of complaining about its deletion. A recent case of this was you rehashing a post we had deleted elsewhere and tacking "can't my sense of humour prevail" on to the end. That is just a blatant attempt to circumvent the deletion of a post.

When you have been given moderation directions on other threads they are typically directing you not to respond on that thread.

If you want to use this thread to complain in a vaguely focused and intelligible fashion about specific moderation actions and decisions that is one thing.

If you want to use it to blab about political or religious issues, or troll, or be silly and inane, or boost your post-count, or get around having your posts deleted by reposting them then expect to be banned again.

Garvinator
29-12-2009, 01:15 AM
FFS, I have had a right gutful of antichrist's complaints about moderation. AC, if you do not like the moderation practices here, then there is another board for you to post on, have fun there.

AC, while you were not posting, there were not a one complaint about moderation and except for deleting spammers, I have a high suspicion that the mods/admins did not have to do much cleaning up of posts or threads.

But as soon as you return, you are complaining again. I just wish you would FO as I am really sick of your crap entirely.

Kevin Bonham
29-12-2009, 01:48 AM
To further underline what I referred to, AC made two posts in reply to my posts above.

One asked a question about whether a particular line in the shoutbox had got him into trouble (answer: can't remember as I'm not even sure what the line was, but it certainly wasn't anything to do with my above post) but then threw in a completely gratuitous reference to a tennis player with whom AC is inexplicably obsessed.

The second had nothing to do with moderation but was AC gloating inanely about having supposedly scored a hit on me with his post above.

I deleted both these posts and am quite tempted to boot him for another week just for wasting my time.

Tony Dowden
03-01-2010, 12:00 PM
... As far as stupidity is concerned the theists here swim in it every day and so I have a go at them ...

This will do me as an admission that the handle of the above author is intentionally offensive to Christians and any others who object to gratuitous offence being meted out to specific groups.

Basil
03-01-2010, 12:17 PM
This will do me as an admission that the handle of the above author is intentionally offensive to Christians and any others who object to gratuitous offence being meted out to specific groups.
While I might agree at heart Tony, this will go nowhere (perhaps regrettably) else you plan on banning many other posters who have been known to assert mental deficiencies to those purely for their spiritual beliefs.

Tony Dowden
03-01-2010, 01:40 PM
While I might agree at heart Tony, this will go nowhere (perhaps regrettably) else you plan on banning many other posters who have been known to assert mental deficiencies to those purely for their spiritual beliefs.

I don't understand your logic Howard.

I'm referring to the handle, not postings.

Basil
03-01-2010, 02:03 PM
I don't understand your logic Howard.

I'm referring to the handle, not postings.
Ah yes, my mistake.

Rincewind
03-01-2010, 02:45 PM

Are you suggesting that blasphemous user names should not be allowed?

Tony Dowden
03-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Are you suggesting that blasphemous user names should not be allowed?
Not exactly. I was more referring to obviously offensive user names/handles.

Rincewind
03-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Not exactly. I was more referring to obviously offensive user names/handles.

Is antichrist that offensive? I'm trying to remember back to when I was reasonably christian and... sorry, too long ago. I thought the term is pretty passe. Everyone from various popes, heads of state, Voltaire, Martin Luther and Johnny Rotten have been called, called others or in some cases professed themselves to be antichrists.

Garvinator
04-01-2010, 04:46 AM
Suspended ban applied as antichrist has again made false comments about this site's moderation elsewhere despite being explicitly warned on 19-12-2009 that he would probably be banned for at least a month if he continued doing this.

antichrist banned for a month.Excellent!!

michael.mcguirk
05-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Now forgive me for my limited knowledge of such issues, I'm not religious, nor do I profess to know everything about them. But isn't the phrase "antichrist" a word defined purely by the belief that Christ exists? Depending on which operating system of religion you have installed, isn't the anti-christ someone who is meant to be of similar strength powers and influence as that of Jesus Christ, but of evil persuasion, or demonic empowerment (depending on whether you subscribe to the Demon/hell version of events)...

I'm not trying to sledge anyone, just merely wondering. And sorry, because these lines of questioning probably belong in the Religion forums, but it's in reply to a comment here...

CameronD
05-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Now forgive me for my limited knowledge of such issues, I'm not religious, nor do I profess to know everything about them. But isn't the phrase "antichrist" a word defined purely by the belief that Christ exists? Depending on which operating system of religion you have installed, isn't the anti-christ someone who is meant to be of similar strength powers and influence as that of Jesus Christ, but of evil persuasion, or demonic empowerment (depending on whether you subscribe to the Demon/hell version of events)...

I'm not trying to sledge anyone, just merely wondering. And sorry, because these lines of questioning probably belong in the Religion forums, but it's in reply to a comment here...

As I understand it, the antichrist is a endtime person who claims to be God and influences the world while prosecuting Gods children.

The antichrist/Satan powers are like a drop in an ocean compared to Christ.

Desmond
05-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Careful what you wish for. He may take the name "Christ" instead.

antichrist
25-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Alex has posted some inane drivel over there which starts with:

This again shows that even basic math is not Alex's strong suit since it is actually the last 12. Rincewind posted #226 and I posted #227-238.

Alex then comes up with this twaddle:

This is, of course, completely false, and furthermore, while I made the last 12 posts on the Moderation thread, it is not always the case that the mod logging a decision is the mod who made and implemented it. Usually but not always. Also sometimes decisions that are logged are the suggestion of one mod implemented by another, or the result of a discussion between various mods.

Although 12 is the most posts in a row I have made to the thread since Bill became a mod, I also had runs of 11 and 9 in a row in 2006 and 9 in a row earlier in 2009 so this sort of thing is really not unusual.

And would you like to comment in whom was barred in all that dozen - and who is your favourite whipping boy for S & M sessions?

And may I congratulate Bill in acting is such a restrained manner.

Kevin Bonham
25-02-2010, 09:28 PM
And would you like to comment in whom was barred in all that dozen - and who is your favourite whipping boy for S & M sessions?

Well, for S&M to occur there has to be a willing masochist. :lol:

Nine of the 12 were about you but one of those was an unbanning (as were two of the other three).

antichrist
25-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Was there any thread I could have safely posted my analogy what was deleted in Does God Exist? I wanted to add onto original post in Detox but maybe would have been confined to home arrest again - el al Kyu ...

Kevin Bonham
25-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Was there any thread I could have safely posted my analogy what was deleted in Does God Exist?

I moved it to Off-Topic Bin.

antichrist
25-02-2010, 09:50 PM
I moved it to Off-Topic Bin.

Thanks I did not notice.

antichrist
25-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Well, for S&M to occur there has to be a willing masochist. :lol:

Nine of the 12 were about you but one of those was an unbanning (as were two of the other three).

Sometimes I wonder if you are on a performance bonus for how many pests you can get rid of.

Kevin Bonham
25-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Sometimes I wonder if you are on a performance bonus for how many pests you can get rid of.

You would be long gone if that was the case. :lol:

antichrist
26-02-2010, 08:00 PM
antichrist banned for a week for a post containing profane and sexual content on the main board (and for dedicating same post to a poster who is legally a minor, although he was not abusing that poster at all, far from it).

And in my defense I only repeated a Warnie joke word-for-word that was printed in the Sydney Morning Herald twice. Profane and sexual content my foot - the same word is often alluded to on this board in the same manner that I did but rarely by myself. Someone just had it in for me.

antichrist
08-03-2010, 04:54 PM
some of my completeless harmless posts are being deleted, I don't mind but next thing I will know that KB will whinging about umpteen posts he had to delete of mine and I deserve punishment (that doesn't kill me either).

[trolling deleted]

how about a fair crack of the whip

Kevin Bonham
08-03-2010, 05:41 PM
some of my completeless harmless posts are being deleted, I don't mind but next thing I will know that KB will whinging about umpteen posts he had to delete of mine and I deserve punishment (that doesn't kill me either).

They are being deleted because you are dribbling and trolling, posting too much low-grade drivel unworthy of a place in the public domain and cannot stay on topic.

Denis_Jessop
08-03-2010, 07:42 PM
They are being deleted because you are dribbling and trolling, posting too much low-grade drivel unworthy of a place in the public domain and cannot stay on topic.

Gosh, Kevin with those standards we have no need to ban all those reprobates in another place - they just wouldn't qualify here. :rolleyes:

DJ

PS I count frequent mention of metrics as low-grade drivel.

Garvinator
08-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Oh dear, antichrist suspended again. Shame that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who is the person that is referred to here? Including towards a member he had been explicitly warned not to even do anything resembling trolling towards

Tony Dowden
16-04-2010, 09:52 PM
[ex-SIO thread - mod]

Moderation notice

Off-topic comments about FM titles obtained in Oceania Zonals have been moved to their usual home the soft titles thread (http://chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=3707) (posts 830 onwards).

Actually my post was about someone making an unnecessary 'arm chair critic' kind of comment which - unfortunately - seems to be 'on-topic' in practically ANY thread here.

Kevin Bonham
16-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Actually my post was about someone making an unnecessary 'arm chair critic' kind of comment which - unfortunately - seems to be 'on-topic' in practically ANY thread here.

Notice edited. :P

ER
17-04-2010, 12:15 AM
Moderation notice
Off-topic comments about FM titles obtained in Oceania Zonals have been moved to their usual home the soft titles thread (posts 830 onwards).

To be consistent with the Forum's policy to keep threads unadultered by irrelevant issues such as soft FM titles etc, could you also please move discussions re Anton's interview, The Goons Show, Radio Station frequencies etc in a different thread?

Kevin Bonham
17-04-2010, 12:35 AM
To be consistent with the Forum's policy to keep threads unadultered by irrelevant issues such as soft FM titles etc, could you also please move discussions re Anton's interview, The Goons Show, Radio Station frequencies etc in a different thread?

There isn't a forum policy to completely quarantine threads from off-topic issues that arise in small volume and through natural thread drift, especially not when they arise on threads devoted to tournaments that have finished. I think if Vlad wanted the interview promoted via a different thread he would have created one.

Relatively high-volume rehashing of familiar and contentious subjects that already have long threads devoted to them is a different matter. And so, for that matter, is people commenting on the moderation of a thread on the thread itself rather than over here in the feedback section. :lol:

antichrist
10-05-2010, 09:45 PM
I don't know exactly why and I'd be quite interested to know if it was actually the Rove comment, the Bindi Irwin comment, both those comments and/or others that led to the decision. Or even if it was just the reaction irrespective of the content.

I've read the comments, and reading them all together rather than taking any in isolation there's a consistent mood of comic frustration that I find completely understandable because the LFogies Awards are a national disgrace and the mediocrity of mainstream Aus TV and the decrepit state of the industry surrounding it are far bigger issues than a couple of very risky jokes. Indeed, nothing Deveny said is anywhere near as offensive to taste and reason as, for example, any ten seconds of Eddie McGuire pretending to host a sports broadcast. But I think she would have been well aware of the dangers.

The Age are being a bit silly though. They're a failing paper, they could do with spicing it up, taking a few chances, not sacking her and who knows, they might even convince people they had something half worth reading.

If I may say, and AR would understand me: BULIMBING!!!
That is Tagalog (Filipino) for what we call starfruit, that have 5 sides that Filipinos say represent their hypocriticial politicians, being five-faced.

A few months back when I told a Warnie joke to young Morris with a 15+ warning the joke included the intercourse (f...) word joined with dots not the whole word, as used exactly in the SMH twice. I was barred for a few weeks with very strict warning, now you are saying it was only should have been a slap on wrist offense.

Goes to show that you just grossly picking on me coz I am a Lebo!

Kevin Bonham
10-05-2010, 11:08 PM
I think your silly troll theory about racism is something best kept to your own deluded little mind or else explored (via PM only) with your tinfoil-hat friend from the other place.

The facts on this:

* Far from banning you for "a few weeks" I, in fact, arranged for your ban to be cut from four weeks to one with the remainder suspended. In the context of your extremely long history of poor form on here, that is a slap on the wrist (especially when you are making melodramatic comparisons with someone being sacked.) And the "very strict warning" was simply that the rest of the ban would be added if you were banned again or created "too much work for the moderators by posting too many rubbish posts that in our view require deletion".

* Indeed it is precisely because we recognised eventually that one-week bans have no more than a slap-on-wrist effect on your behaviour, that you are now on a new policy of a minimum of one month bans any time we decide you deserve to be banned at all.

* This is not a newspaper but a privately-owned chess forum where we have specific agreements with the site owner concerning the sorts of content that are acceptable in the presence of juniors.

antichrist
11-05-2010, 05:43 PM
I think your silly troll theory about racism is something best kept to your own deluded little mind or else explored (via PM only) with your tinfoil-hat friend from the other place.

A/C: that comment was purely for dramatic effect and I did not believe such at all - not even slightly. I may be many things even shocking but not delusional.

I take the rest of your points on board. Any chance of starting up an adults section with only more leniency (but not excessive) in a minimum age requirement section. Age must be proven to enter.

Kevin Bonham
11-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Any chance of starting up an adults section with only more leniency (but not excessive) in a minimum age requirement section. Age must be proven to enter.

No. That is close to the original idea of the Coffee Lounge but even that freedom was abused by gratuitous swearing and extreme vulgar abuse by a few posters, even before there were any U18s in there.

The stuff you posted there that I zapped a few days ago was zapped under CL rules that stuff likely to be distasteful to adults can be deleted.

Basically, if you want an "adult" site where you can swear, drop sexual inuendos left right and centre and generally carry on stupidly then start your own - we are not here to set up sections to cater to your silly trolling especially not when the CL gets precious little use even in its current barely-moderated state.

antichrist
11-05-2010, 08:31 PM
No. That is close to the original idea of the Coffee Lounge but even that freedom was abused by gratuitous swearing and extreme vulgar abuse by a few posters, even before there were any U18s in there.

The stuff you posted there that I zapped a few days ago was zapped under CL rules that stuff likely to be distasteful to adults can be deleted.

Basically, if you want an "adult" site where you can swear, drop sexual inuendos left right and centre and generally carry on stupidly then start your own - we are not here to set up sections to cater to your silly trolling especially not when the CL gets precious little use even in its current barely-moderated state.

I don't think I have ever swore on the board - maybe you should retract that one. Many others have but not me.

Kevin Bonham
11-05-2010, 08:41 PM
I don't think I have ever swore on the board - maybe you should retract that one. Many others have but not me.

We consider swearing with a few letters dropped out to be pretty much the same.

antichrist
11-05-2010, 08:43 PM
We consider swearing with a few letters dropped out to be pretty much the same.

But the word I used was not in the context of swearing but the genuine meaning of the word and as well as used in the SMH. Whereas when other people used it gratituously (?) then that is swearing! You must understand what swearing is!

I still request a retraction please.

antichrist
11-05-2010, 08:53 PM
May I make my brilliant analogies in off-topic thread please?

antichrist
23-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Minister caught at gay club David Campbell resigns
this is the type of thread that could have resided in Adults Section of board.

antichrist
08-06-2010, 10:05 PM
[moved from Toolbox-Detox - mod]

This thread seems to be cross threaded a bit sometimes so will try again.

Moz is complaining that his hydra was barred when he was not barred, Bill done it he reakons. He is awaiting an apology.

Maybe a lot of genuine new posters have also been barred??

(I suppose Bill did not want to have get out the bucket and mop again)

Kevin Bonham
08-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Moz is complaining that his hydra was barred when he was not barred, Bill done it he reakons. He is awaiting an apology.

Wrong, he is complaining that his hydra Chameleon was outed. As best I recall this was done by dropping hints about Boy George lyrics. :lol:

Given that hints dropped by him contributed to the (ludicrously slow) recognition of my hydras over there I think he is skating on thin ice.

Maybe a lot of genuine new posters have also been barred??

Extremely few here. There are only two cases I am aware of - in one case a poster posted a bunch of nonsense to get his postcount up for PM access and it was falsely assumed he was some kind of pest. Reversed.

In another case a legitimate member who had never posted was mistakenly banned during a spammer cull. Again, reversed.

With the huge number of spammers and hydras we cull from here there is always some risk of a legit new poster being wrongly barred but we do everything we can to keep that risk down.

Garvinator
09-06-2010, 02:19 AM
he is complaining that his hydra Chameleon was outed. A Chameleon got outed. Not much of a Chameleon then :lol:

antichrist
09-06-2010, 12:41 PM
KB, I appreciate your more "mature" modding, thanks. I will try my bit too. As JAK once pleaded I am an old man now so hard to put new head on old shoulders - but he regrets that now I think.

antichrist
09-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Wrong, he is complaining that his hydra Chameleon was outed. As best I recall this was done by dropping hints about Boy George lyrics. :lol:

Given that hints dropped by him contributed to the (ludicrously slow) recognition of my hydras over there I think he is skating on thin ice.

AC from Dark Side of the Moon:
Moz, why didn't you tell me the full story? No wonder you left the winter leaves hidden under the carpet!

MOz/Starter
Jeez you are easily distracted a/c .
The post clearly asks 'why' and he answers you with an 'how'.
What happened to your investigative powers matey.

AC
KB I think you still have a case to answer - you are up against MOz now, you can't pull the wool over the eyes so easily now.

Kevin Bonham
09-06-2010, 08:11 PM
KB I think you still have a case to answer - you are up against MOz now, you can't pull the wool over the eyes so easily now.

MOZ's eyes are so perpetually covered with his own wool that there wouldn't be any need to.

Your eyes must be likewise covered if you think I have a case to answer for Chameleon being outed by Bill. :lol:

antichrist
14-06-2010, 11:09 PM
My second last post in Ding a ling coffee lounge should read andrew johns and not matty andrews, apparently it is too late for me to correct.

antichrist
15-07-2010, 11:14 PM
antichrist banned for a month for deliberately trolling another poster by posting rubbish on the toolbox about them.

Bill, you remind me of my Zhidi (grandfather) who used to go to confession and dobb in all the neighbours who sinned in their own premises. Weren't stretching your jurisdiction a bit were you?

And how come no female posters ever get the 3rd degree??? Is there a glass halo?

antichrist
21-07-2010, 12:58 PM
[21-07-2010 12:39 AM] antichrist: what happened to my old mate Cat, he was banned at one stage. who was he anyway if it is common knowledge

[21-07-2010 01:33 AM] Kevin Bonham: Cat was David Richards. We're pretty sure he's been posting on the Toolbox under usernames Zeitgeist and blank frank

[21-07-2010 01:37 AM] Kevin Bonham: he left in late 2006 in a huff after he was repeatedly moderated after he insisted on dragging threads off topic

[21-07-2010 01:39 AM] Kevin Bonham: and suspended for a week for disobeying a direction to stop repeatedly posting a post that we kept moving

[21-07-2010 02:26 AM] JaK: Is that the guy who wrote the book about Soviet Chess? I think they have a copy in the State Library's Anderson's collection!

[21-07-2010 02:47 AM] Kevin Bonham: no

AC

He had a bit of my disease by the look of it. A big shame coz he had a wonderful sense of humour. Definitely a big loss for the board.

We can't give him a special invitation like was afforded to FG7 - I am sure Cat was lot less trouble than FG.

It is like JAK says, you have to give special talents a bit of leeway (sure he regrets that now)

Kevin Bonham
21-07-2010, 01:58 PM
He had a bit of my disease by the look of it.

In that specific instance it was rather worse than yours because he just kept stubbornly reposting the same post in the same place although it had been clearly ruled that it would be moved.

Definitely a big loss for the board.

Definitely not a big loss IMO. :lol:

Nonetheless his departure over a one week ban that he brought entirely on himself was a big overreaction on his part.

antichrist
21-07-2010, 03:36 PM
In that specific instance it was rather worse than yours because he just kept stubbornly reposting the same post in the same place although it had been clearly ruled that it would be moved.

Definitely not a big loss IMO. :lol:

Nonetheless his departure over a one week ban that he brought entirely on himself was a big overreaction on his part.

He was an immense loss - a genuinely funny guy, and along with EE and myself at times there was something special going on.

What do we have now instead - rightwingers fighting everyone and flamewars with zochat - how sickening. If you can't see that you should not be a moderator. (its not about myself just the result)

Don't you know that all talented artists are tempermental.

I suppose you wish I had a bit more of his disease.

If you could give FG a special invitation why not Cat!

antichrist
21-07-2010, 03:39 PM
I am wondering which is going to occur first - the election or my next ban?

Jesper Norgaard
11-08-2010, 11:14 AM
I am wondering which is going to occur first - the election or my next ban?
Are you trying hard to be banned, antichrist? If so, why? Rebel without a cause?

Rincewind
11-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Are you trying hard to be banned, antichrist? If so, why? Rebel without a cause?

He has several causes. It is clues that he is short on.

antichrist
05-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Garrett
you're an incoherent, bumbling, dribbling idiot and I wish you'd just **** off. But welcome back.

AC
I want to complain about incivility shown by brother Garratt to the clueless one

Garrett
05-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Garrett
you're an incoherent, bumbling, dribbling idiot and I wish you'd just **** off. But welcome back.

AC
I want to complain about incivility shown by brother Garratt to the clueless one

If I am allowed to say anything I would like to note that my comment was made in the heat of the moment upon seeing AC's return.

I would thereby like to withdraw the bit where I welcome him back.

Garrett.

Kevin Bonham
05-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Case dismissed. :owned:

Desmond
05-10-2010, 07:05 PM
If I am allowed to say anything I would like to note that my comment was made in the heat of the moment upon seeing AC's return.

I would thereby like to withdraw the bit where I welcome him back.

Garrett.

Tough luck AC. Welcome back though. :)

antichrist
05-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Case dismissed. :owned:

Garvinator from SB
I dont think anyone would have any problems with restraint in telling you to f off AC.

AC

Well I now take it that it is completely to use such language in the shoutbox - well things have certainly changed since I was last here. I have only used the word once in a Warnie joke with a warning not for under 15 y o, and I was barred for it - I always thought it was a hypocritical barring.

antichrist
05-10-2010, 08:30 PM
05-10-2010 09:07 PM Tony Dowden
(?? Did AC's post disappear?)

K Bonham
yeah tony i decided the mock-swearing thing had gone on long enough
05-10-2010 09:09 PM antichrist

AC
I dont mind but I just hope in a week you wont be complaining you had to delete 25 of AC's posts when I was just drawing attention to other posters outlandishness that you did not penalise them for.

Kevin Bonham
05-10-2010, 09:43 PM
I dont mind but I just hope in a week you wont be complaining you had to delete 25 of AC's posts when I was just drawing attention to other posters outlandishness that you did not penalise them for.

You have no reason to fear on that score; I greatly doubt you could get through even 10 such pointless misconstrued context-allergic beatups without getting yourself banned in the process. :lol:

antichrist
09-10-2010, 06:44 PM
He has several causes. It is clues that he is short on.

Now I wonder which will come first ? Melbourne Cup day or my next banning.

I really surpassed myself last time, the longest banning ever for about 10 weeks, I outsaw the election, the independents toing and froing, the speaker and deputy speaking including Slippery Pete - I could certainly learn from him how to join the opposing side but not get barred.

antichrist
10-10-2010, 11:47 AM
In Climate Change thread I had to repeat my posts, and still when going through via main door KB's last post is still shown as last - are my posts invisible to 3 rd parties?

Igor_Goldenberg
10-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Have you been posting at all in the last few days?

antichrist
10-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Have you been posting at all in the last few days?

grossly and abundantly - like milk and honey

antichrist
10-10-2010, 07:34 PM
RW's last post in What Song thread is listed on front page, but when opening thread it is not there, is it bugs in PC i am using or your system?

Rincewind
10-10-2010, 07:42 PM
RW's last post in What Song thread is listed on front page, but when opening thread it is not there, is it bugs in PC i am using or your system?

Looks fine on my system.

antichrist
10-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Looks fine on my system.

I wish KB's barrings would disappear the same way

Igor_Goldenberg
11-10-2010, 08:33 AM
I wonder why A/C didn't answer my last question.

Desmond
11-10-2010, 08:59 AM
I wonder why A/C didn't answer my last question.
he did ...?? :hmm:

Igor_Goldenberg
11-10-2010, 10:00 AM
he did ...?? :hmm:
Really? Doesn't show on mine :hmm: :hmm:

Just kidding:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

antichrist
12-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Hey can I protest why I was barred earlier for "encouraging" Axiom to break the law but Garratt in Coffee Lounge was not barred for encouraging myself to break law in a thread?

Denis will you please handle my case? thanks

Kevin Bonham
12-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Hey can I protest why I was barred earlier for "encouraging" Axiom to break the law but Garratt in Coffee Lounge was not barred for encouraging myself to break law in a thread?

I think Garrett was either doing it to take the mickey out of your "be a man" nonsense or else doing it not to really encourage you but in the hope you would get yourself banned!

Even if he had broken the rules his generally good record would mean he would be cut slack, while posters who have got themselves banned a bazillion times should not expect any.

antichrist
12-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Garratt should be cross-examined if he was encouraging or hoping. Denis, can you give them a lecture that justice not only should be done but also be seen to be done? thanks

antichrist
12-10-2010, 10:10 PM
I think Garrett was either doing it to take the mickey out of your "be a man" nonsense or else doing it not to really encourage you but in the hope you would get yourself banned!

Even if he had broken the rules his generally good record would mean he would be cut slack, while posters who have got themselves banned a bazillion times should not expect any.

I object that a post of mine here was deleted, protesting the fine line between hope and encouragement, and a few days back Garratt also broke the rules by picking fights in the Shoutbox, but also he was not penalised.

And yet if I protest at other site about mod decisions taken here I am barred and told to protest over here.

From Mod rules:
* The moderators/admins reserve the right to take any action they deem appropriate against members who make demonstrably false or misleading claims about this site or its administration/moderation on other sites. We recommend that members having issues with administration/moderation pursue those issues on this site. Action may also be taken against members who encourage other members to break site rules or breach moderation directives, no matter where or how the encouragement occurs.

Kevin Bonham
12-10-2010, 10:22 PM
I object that a post of mine here was deleted, protesting the fine line between hope and encouragement, and a few days back Garratt also broke the rules by picking fights in the Shoutbox, but also he was not penalised.

Firstly your post "protesting the fine line between hope and encouragement" was not deleted - it appears above.

Secondly the rule you claim Garrett broke does not exist. You shouldn't confuse rules applying to all users with restrictions placed on you because of your persistently silly behaviour in the past.

And yet if I protest at other site about mod decisions taken here I am barred and told to protest over here.

Only if your protests contain false claims about moderation on this site. Here if you make false claims about moderation of this site they will just be disabused or, if off-topic or completely silly, deleted.

The main point of the rules being the way they are is to encourage posters who have complaints to make them in a place where we can state the facts freely. A secondary point of the rules is that we expect that if people want to be members here, they at least ensure that if they must slag off this site elsewhere, they have their facts straight when they do so.

As for the site rule you cited:

Action may also be taken against members who encourage other members to break site rules or breach moderation directives, no matter where or how the encouragement occurs.

let me ask you this big bad burning question:

Do you know what the word "may" means?

antichrist
12-10-2010, 10:27 PM
KB from above
Secondly the rule you claim Garrett broke does not exist. You shouldn't confuse rules applying to all users with restrictions placed on you because of your persistently silly behaviour in the past.

From Mod rules:
* The moderators/admins reserve the right to take any action they deem appropriate against members who make demonstrably false or misleading claims about this site or its administration/moderation on other sites. We recommend that members having issues with administration/moderation pursue those issues on this site. Action may also be taken against members who encourage other members to break site rules or breach moderation directives, no matter where or how the encouragement occurs.

Maybe another mod deleted that post I don't know, but was different to what you show, that was a back-up repeat anyway....

The mod rule above shows that the rule is not specifically for myself.

At least we both have someone to argue with - ha ha

Kevin Bonham
12-10-2010, 10:32 PM
You said there was a rule against picking fights in the shoutbox. What there is is a rule that says excessive trolling may result in a loss of shouting rights.

You also still seem unable to understand the word "may". We reserve the right to take action; we are not requiring ourselves to.

antichrist
15-10-2010, 11:46 AM
rastamek banned for 24 hours for shoutbox abuse.

AC
I only noticed one shout, were there more that were deleted? He is not one my hydras

Rincewind
15-10-2010, 11:50 AM
were there more that were deleted?

Yes

He is not one my hydras

We know.

antichrist
18-10-2010, 08:28 AM
-----------------------------------------------------

thanks Bill for conceding defeat - I knew you had it in you 17-10-2010 11:24 PM antichrist
[Edit | Delete] I saw you
17-10-2010 11:24 PM antichrist
[Edit | Delete] but Bill you did use my point why listed as loss and not forfeit
17-10-2010 11:15 PM Bill Gletsos
AC read something carefully - you must be joking
----------------------------------------

I have not been able to find the shout in toolbox where Bill has used my metalicous work in picking up the wrong resulted entered for the Final round where FG forfeited and not lost - maybe Bill has deleted it?
-------------------------------

NOw when I was on extended leave I was barred an extra few weeks for exagerating that I get barred without being giving a reason for.

Well Bill you have exagerated my clumisness as shown above, I read it correctly and picked up the second error, you then used it to brag over there without giving creditation. Whilst in the same breath claiming that I cannot read carefully. I demand an apology or bar yourself - take your pick!

What is good for the goose is good for the gander

antichrist
18-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Moved from the Hangman thread... -mod

whoever created this absolutely boring watch-grass-grow paint-dry thread should be hang by his own underpants - and soiled ones at that

Rincewind
18-10-2010, 08:38 AM
whoever created this absolutely boring watch grass grow paint dry thread should be hang by his own underpants - and soiled ones at that

Your well thought out and argued critique is insightful but please keep it out of the thread in question.

Bill Gletsos
18-10-2010, 02:20 PM
-----------------------------------------------------

thanks Bill for conceding defeat - I knew you had it in you 17-10-2010 11:24 PM antichrist
[Edit | Delete] I saw you
17-10-2010 11:24 PM antichrist
[Edit | Delete] but Bill you did use my point why listed as loss and not forfeit
17-10-2010 11:15 PM Bill Gletsos
AC read something carefully - you must be joking
----------------------------------------

I have not been able to find the shout in toolbox where Bill has used my metalicous work in picking up the wrong resulted entered for the Final round where FG forfeited and not lost - maybe Bill has deleted it?
-------------------------------

NOw when I was on extended leave I was barred an extra few weeks for exagerating that I get barred without being giving a reason for.

Well Bill you have exagerated my clumisness as shown above, I read it correctly and picked up the second error, you then used it to brag over there without giving creditation. Whilst in the same breath claiming that I cannot read carefully. I demand an apology or bar yourself - take your pick!

What is good for the goose is good for the ganderAC stop being an idiot and making false claims.
I never conceded defeat at all.
My claim that you got something wrong that was in fact in response to one of Kevin's shouts.
As for Fg7's result being shown as a loss and not a forfeit I had noticed that well before you commented on it.
In fact I paid no attention to any of your rubbish during my conversations on the toolbox last night.

antichrist
20-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Your well thought out and argued critique is insightful but please keep it out of the thread in question.

AC
if there was a short game of crucifixition would love that

(this post is in this thread coz RW brought the topic over)

antichrist
31-10-2010, 04:05 PM
I must be even money to make it to Melb Cup day without getting barred - but the track is heavy with a heavy load

antichrist
03-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Bill would have seen the Pontius Pilate comparison but didn't take offense, when modding is mentioned outside of this thread in a funny way and non maliciously it should not be a hanging crime - we are not in a court of law, a chess comp. or under Stalin. Even the Queen is known to like informality and a joke.

Kevin Bonham
03-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Basically many posters are sick of you finding pet topics (whether it's Israel/Palestine, Christianity, modding or whatever) and polluting the whole board with irrelevant trolling rubbish about them - rubbish that others cannot reply to and/or criticise without those responses derailing threads.

By not keeping these issues to the threads they are actually relevant to you create a very large amount of work for the mods. The workload of cleaning up after your drivel is more than your generally inane babble is worth, so if you don't care about saving us the effort, we don't care about allowing you to post here on a regular basis.

antichrist
03-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Basically many posters are sick of you finding pet topics (whether it's Israel/Palestine, Christianity, modding or whatever) and polluting the whole board with irrelevant trolling rubbish about them - rubbish that others cannot reply to and/or criticise without those responses derailing threads.

By not keeping these issues to the threads they are actually relevant to you create a very large amount of work for the mods. The workload of cleaning up after your drivel is more than your generally inane babble is worth, so if you don't care about saving us the effort, we don't care about allowing you to post here on a regular basis.

I can partly agree but think that [name deleted - mod] posts are a lot worse but he gets away with it - he even posts it seems when he is drunk, totally rubbish and not even dicipherable.

Kevin Bonham
03-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Firstly the poster in question (whose name I've deleted from your post as you've had numerous warnings not to troll that poster) seldom posts (as opposed to shouting). When he does post, his posts are generally on topic and there is no evidence that he is drunk while posting them - it's just the unusual way he posts.

antichrist
04-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Firstly the poster in question (whose name I've deleted from your post as you've had numerous warnings not to troll that poster) seldom posts (as opposed to shouting). When he does post, his posts are generally on topic and there is no evidence that he is drunk while posting them - it's just the unusual way he posts.

But he could be accused of "killing" the shoutbox - sometimes it is like having to trudge through waisthigh weeds (sticky paspalum) to find something decent out the other side.

Kevin Bonham
04-11-2010, 12:45 PM
sometimes it is like having to trudge through waisthigh weeds (sticky paspalum) to find something decent out the other side.

Oh dear, must be all too hard for you. Poor diddums.

antichrist
04-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Oh dear, must be all too hard for you. Poor diddums.

just so you will know - it is irritating to have to often make the effort so dont bother. surely others will come to same conclusion. Those posts can break all continuity in the box. It is unbelievable how it goes silent for 3/4 a day almost. Was never like that before and you cant blame me, I wasn't there. It incrementally slows down. I am not being spiteful against the poster, just annoyed, as some posters are of myself (though they do follow me everywhre even to Dark side of moon and can prove it.). Pls dont delete without good reason

antichrist
06-11-2010, 11:44 PM
I should get a pensioner discount on my barrings as well - haha

antichrist
10-11-2010, 06:21 AM
why does the Australian Chess site get "compacted" up, have to clink on title to scroll down and see thread titles? we deserve better

Bill Gletsos
10-11-2010, 02:39 PM
why does the Australian Chess site get "compacted" up, have to clink on title to scroll down and see thread titles? we deserve betterI suggest that is simply your problem as I have no such issue.

antichrist
10-11-2010, 09:47 PM
I suggest that is simply your problem as I have no such issue.

It is okay now - see you only had to mention it and it fixed up - a miracle worker

Bill Gletsos
11-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Antichrist,

Stop going around digging up old threads, responding to them here and then copying them over to the toolbox trolling posters over there.

Consider yourself on zero tolerance.

You wont get a second warning.

antichrist
11-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Antichrist,

Stop going around digging up old threads, responding to them here and then copying them over to the toolbox trolling posters over there.

Consider yourself on zero tolerance.

You wont get a second warning.

Yes boss

antichrist
21-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Now when a post is edited it does not show that it has been edited.

The ramifications are that if someone takes their move back in a game we cant see that it has been edited? Don't mention the war.

[EDIT added by KB to show that it does]

Kevin Bonham
21-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Now when a post is edited it does not show that it has been edited.

False; I added an edit to your post and an edit stamp is showing.

If you edit your own post quickly after posting it then the edit does not show. I think the window is 5 minutes.

antichrist
21-11-2010, 05:51 PM

If you edit your own post quickly after posting it then the edit does not show. I think the window is 5 minutes.

That gives cheats 5 mins to take back their move - please explain?

Kevin Bonham
21-11-2010, 09:04 PM
That gives cheats 5 mins to take back their move - please explain?

The idea is that if someone edits quickly they are most likely just fixing a typo or something rather than altering the content of their post, so there is no point in having a stamp that creates the appearance of a substantive edit when there probably wasn't one.

Cheats can still be caught via screenshot - that said in the whole history of this forum I can only recall one case of anyone even trying.

Bill Gletsos
21-11-2010, 09:11 PM

If you edit your own post quickly after posting it then the edit does not show. I think the window is 5 minutes.The window is 2 minutes.

antichrist
21-11-2010, 11:49 PM
The idea is that if someone edits quickly they are most likely just fixing a typo or something rather than altering the content of their post, so there is no point in having a stamp that creates the appearance of a substantive edit when there probably wasn't one.

Cheats can still be caught via screenshot - that said in the whole history of this forum I can only recall one case of anyone even trying.

Screenshot aye, thats a new one for me. Who do we appeal to for a screenshot? I am watching movie about Stasi catching people, the libertarian just did a trick rubbing out but was seen thru the keyhole -how topical.

Kevin Bonham
22-11-2010, 07:42 AM
You can do your own screenshots by pressing CTRL, ALT and Prnt Scrn all at once and then pasting into any suitable graphics editing program (like Image Editor or whatever). That means you save a copy of how the screen appeared in case it is edited later. (And no, no-one else will be doing it for you.)

antichrist
22-11-2010, 12:35 PM
You can do your own screenshots by pressing CTRL, ALT and Prnt Scrn all at once and then pasting into any suitable graphics editing program (like Image Editor or whatever). That means you save a copy of how the screen appeared in case it is edited later. (And no, no-one else will be doing it for you.)

Well you should know already that I will not bother, and btw in that thread that you closed I was only warming up.

antichrist
23-11-2010, 06:04 AM
I wish to complain that Gunnar Duggan is unjustly vilifying hippies, one or two that also happen to be a top chess players. They could take a class action against the site.

Basil
23-11-2010, 08:49 AM
I wish to complain that Gunnar Duggan is unjustly vilifying hippies, one or two that also happen to be a top chess players.
One or two? The hippy gene is active or latent in one in three chess players by my estimation.

Kevin Bonham
23-11-2010, 09:43 PM
I wish to complain that Gunnar Duggan is unjustly vilifying hippies

Including you as one of them, and excluding the few surviving real ones, I wish to join him.

I wish to complain that you are posting too many frivolous and stupid complaints that nobody else cares about and you probably don't care about either. You are limited to three complaints per week until further notice.

antichrist
24-11-2010, 06:27 AM
Including you as one of them, and excluding the few surviving real ones, I wish to join him.

I wish to complain that you are posting too many frivolous and stupid complaints that nobody else cares about and you probably don't care about either. You are limited to three complaints per week until further notice.

Only yesterday the NSW Govt gave us more driver demerit points and maybe later even shorter time to get them rolled over - will you do the same here, say four complaints and in 10 days? It is an election winner, you will be a hero.

But seriously speaking no group should be allowed to be vilified in public utterances - like as the signs says "long hair freaky people need not apply" would be illegal under anti-discrimination laws.

May I ask if you were a long haired person or hippy would you take offence?

Kevin Bonham
24-11-2010, 12:58 PM
May I ask if you were a long haired person or hippy would you take offence?

I am a long-haired person (at the back anyway!). Your point is?

antichrist
24-11-2010, 11:04 PM
I reakon the hair has gotten in your eyes in Detox thread, but as the title says "enter at own risk" - if I was politicially incorrect you would be down on me like a ton of bricks?? I don't even have to be P incorrect in detox thread, infact I was being PC in not tarring them all with same brush. You could not use the same brush with long hairs anyway!

See if you can untangle this mess as you do your hair?

Desmond
25-11-2010, 08:43 PM
I reakon the hair has gotten in your eyes in Detox thread, but as the title says "enter at own risk" - if I was politicially incorrect you would be down on me like a ton of bricks?? I don't even have to be P incorrect in detox thread, infact I was being PC in not tarring them all with same brush. You could not use the same brush with long hairs anyway!

See if you can untangle this mess as you do your hair?
I'd like to lock in C) "completely pointless whinging" for $100, thanks Eddie.

antichrist
25-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Is the Resident Psycharist on Sabbatical leave?

antichrist
05-12-2010, 07:43 AM
to KB: and you may meet my cous who is now with Lotus team (if you want any free tickets if you are nice to me)
-----------------------------------

As bribery takes place in FIFA is it allowed here. A few free tickets to GP1 events from my cous in return for leniency?

antichrist
13-12-2010, 09:21 AM
And as well I posted 2 links to videos re Alf Garnett and football and they were funny, but they were deleted from Football soccer thread????

One was of the 1966 World Cup when England defeated the Old Enemy and Alf was even kissing a coloured englishman, and the coloured was backing off and looking sideways

Now you tell me wat I done wrong

Kevin Bonham
13-12-2010, 01:35 PM
They were deleted because of the numerous references to Jews in your post and because you have been warned, more than repeatedly, to keep material relevant to Israel/Palestine/Jews etc to relevant threads in the politics and religion sections instead of finding pretexts to bring up such subjects across the whole board.

antichrist
13-12-2010, 01:40 PM
They were deleted because of the numerous references to Jews in your post and because you have been warned, more than repeatedly, to keep material relevant to Israel/Palestine/Jews etc to relevant threads in the politics and religion sections instead of finding pretexts to bring up such subjects across the whole board.

Point taken, but was in context of wikepaedia and was sympathetic to him as a true artist, in no way was it political. It was 100% non political, you go and read it. It was about socialogy in sport and the arts. Frankly it would have looked silly in one of the threads you recommend.

Shows what a terrific character Warren Mitchell was. So different to some of our characters here.

Anyone who may have taken offense to that wiki entry are over the top and crazy - truly

Kevin Bonham
13-12-2010, 01:50 PM
I couldn't care less what context it was in: you have had multiple warnings not to include such content in posts outside the relevant sections. In view of your past form, any time you do (without checking first) I am not going to waste my time checking out to see whether your post is innocent or not; it gets zapped.

antichrist
13-12-2010, 02:09 PM
I couldn't care less what context it was in: you have had multiple warnings not to include such content in posts outside the relevant sections. In view of your past form, any time you do (without checking first) I am not going to waste my time checking out to see whether your post is innocent or not; it gets zapped.

The imp thing is that as long as we are still mates h aha

Kevin Bonham
13-12-2010, 02:15 PM
You are limited to three complaints per week until further notice.

And from now on whinges about moderation posted in the wrong thread will count double, and any whinge about me not answering your previous whinge will cancel all your whinging rights for a month.

Kaitlin
23-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Ment by Kevin Bonham
You are limited to one complaint per week, however said complaint needs to be submitted in triplicate and placed in the complaints jar, failure to find the complaints jar will result in one week complaints suspension until further notice.

antichrist
26-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Kaitlin, actually I thought the new commenced on a Sunday, silly me, nothing in life is as simple as that.

Kb, can i have full rights rtd - eg PM . thanks

Kevin Bonham
26-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Kb, can i have full rights rtd - eg PM . thanks

You should be back where you were in terms of what you can do - if not send me a PM.

antichrist
26-12-2010, 08:41 PM
You should be back where you were in terms of what you can do - if not send me a PM.

Cant Pm you to complain that cant pm - there is a hole in de bucket dear lisa dear lisa

Kevin Bonham
26-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Cant Pm you to complain that cant pm - there is a hole in de bucket dear lisa dear lisa

I can't see anything wrong with your PM settings that would stop you from sending PMs. Did you receive the one I sent you very early on Xmas Day to tell you you were taken out of moderation? Do you have any other problems apart from PMs?

antichrist
26-12-2010, 09:06 PM
I can't see anything wrong with your PM settings that would stop you from sending PMs. Did you receive the one I sent you very early on Xmas Day to tell you you were taken out of moderation? Do you have any other problems apart from PMs?

I did receive that one, but been paralised ever since. It shows 897 messages stored out of total 500?? but cant access in box anyway. Also cant view online activity at bottom of home page

WhiteElephant
27-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Faaark I've been away for like a year and AC is still at it.

Sir Cromulent Sparkles
28-12-2010, 02:32 AM

I've had similar reactions after a few months sabbatical away from CC and on return finding A/C up to his usual capers.

he's an unholy posting machine of destruction. run for cover people !!!!!!!!!

antichrist
28-12-2010, 08:49 AM
I've had similar reactions after a few months sabbatical away from CC and on return finding A/C up to his usual capers.

he's an unholy posting machine of destruction. run for cover people !!!!!!!!!

when I was on enforced sabbatical I actually felt sorry for you folks - shows different perceptions, coming from left field - just let me live in my delusion

ElevatorEscapee
29-12-2010, 06:01 PM
... he's like a dog that won't stop humping your leg...:lol:

littlesprout85
29-12-2010, 06:31 PM
HAhaHAhAHaAhAhAhAhahahaaaa . .. . . oh(gasp) rolf

-Sprout85 =)

antichrist
03-01-2011, 01:28 PM
when new bods come up on *******, and not knowing who they are, surely I cannot be penalised if it is later determined that they may be barred posters?

Kevin Bonham
03-01-2011, 01:33 PM
when new bods come up on *******, and not knowing who they are, surely I cannot be penalised if it is later determined that they may be barred posters?

Yeah, we wouldn't punish anyone for unknowingly quoting someone who was barred from the board. We'd probably just delete the post and tell you who they are. :lol:

antichrist
03-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Yeah, we wouldn't punish anyone for unknowingly quoting someone who was barred from the board. We'd probably just delete the post and tell you who they are. :lol:

there is a beauty over there by Icon..... whoever, you even get a mention...bring it over on detox, I dare you

Is this my last post in this thread for a few days?

Kevin Bonham
03-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Iconoclast is Matthew Sweeney who is banned from here and I'm sure you are aware of this. Iconohols is also obviously Matthew Sweeney.

Is this my last post in this thread for a few days?

Hope so, but the previous two weren't actually complaints.

Metro
19-03-2011, 05:00 PM
see link http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=12499I I am requesting a thread title change to "Hobsons Bay/Yarraville chess club news"
I want to post info. on new location .THANKS

Kevin Bonham
19-03-2011, 05:04 PM
see link http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=12499I I am requesting a thread title change to "Hobsons Bay/Yarraville chess club news"
I want to post info. on new location .

I've edited the title although given the comma in the previous this was probably unnecessary.

Oepty
26-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Was a post by AC deleted from the Doeberl Cup thread? Why?
Scott

Kevin Bonham
26-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Was a post by AC deleted from the Doeberl Cup thread? Why?
Scott

It breached forum rules by quoting a post made by a banned user elsewhere without critically discussing that post.

Oepty
26-04-2011, 02:30 PM
It breached forum rules by quoting a post made by a banned user elsewhere without critically discussing that post.

Okay, I was going to reply to it but I guess I will not be now.
Scott

Kevin Bonham
26-04-2011, 02:38 PM
If he had just mentioned that the incident occurred without quoting Sweeney's intemperate response to it it would have been (and still could be) fine.

Though I really think this is more an instance of AC wanting to again bang his drum about increments and that that might be better done in Arbiters Corner than on the main thread.

Except (of course) that AC has got himself banned from Arbiters Corner until June. :doh:

[EDIT: an acceptable version of the post is up now]

Oepty
28-04-2011, 07:43 PM
I think the user God should have it name changed, at least to god. I do not think it is appropriate.
Scott

Adamski
28-04-2011, 08:23 PM
I think the user God should have it name changed, at least to god. I do not think it is appropriate.
Scott
I agree.

Rincewind
28-04-2011, 08:23 PM

Which board rule do you believe the name violates?

Kevin Bonham
28-04-2011, 09:10 PM
I was rather hoping the user would just get quietly bored of the joke. I'm in a poor position to comment since I employed the same prank on my other forum but my "God" account made only one post ever (which was to tell an apologist to "Put a sock in it [..] you're giving me a very bad name.")

Oepty
28-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Which board rule do you believe the name violates?

Can't actually say I have read the rules for quite a while if I ever have completely, do not even know where they are sorry. I would think it is wrong to pretend to be someone you are not. God, with the capital, has a specific meaning for quite a number of people on the BB. I would have less of a problem with god, no capital, as it is a word with more general meaning. I would also object to a user named Allah on similar grounds although I am not of that faith.
It would hardly be surprising if the account is a hydra although that is only speculation on my part.
Scott

Hobbes
28-04-2011, 11:29 PM
It would hardly be surprising if the account is a hydra although that is only speculation on my part.
Scott

Funnily enough, there is a certain Purple Poster whose name I won't mention who is never in the room at the same time as God, a bit like Clark Kent and Superman!

Rincewind
29-04-2011, 12:15 AM
I would think it is wrong to pretend to be someone you are not.

It is wrong to pretend you are someone who you are not if it is likely that someone might mistake you for that person. There is a rule along those lines and in particular, impersonating chess "personalities". For example, if someone other than David Smerdon was to sign up as David and posting under that pretence that would be wrong (and clearly against the rules).

However that is not the case here. No one actually believes that the Christian God (or any other god) is operating the account. A bit like if someone was to create an account of "Barack Obama" and started making posts no one would think it was the president of the USA signing into chess chat.

In this case, the account is fairly obviously a hydra of an existing user who is using the account for comical effect. Now there is a set of posters who think that religion should not be made a joke of. However I don't think it is the responsibility of the moderators to decide which subjects should or should not be the subject of humour.

In my opinion , if you find the posts of this account humourous then read them. If you don't then ignore them. If the posts are problematic in any other way then then they may require moderation. But at present I really can't see a case for it.

For future reference the rules are found in this thread...

Moderation Rules and Decisions (http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=2494)

Kevin Bonham
29-04-2011, 01:14 AM
"Impersonation" generally is only a problem if it is an Australian chess personality or another user who is impersonated. Dion for a while had the handle "Bruce Dickinson" (Iron Maiden vocalist) and no one had a problem with that. If we were applying the "impersonation" rule to the "God" account we would get into the murky waters of whether you can impersonate an entity that is debatably a person and/or not a person (depending on theology) and that many people including about half the active posters on this board don't positively believe exists. Anyway there is no need to go there.

Yes the God account is a hydra and I think it's obvious whose it is. There's no blanket ban on hydras but we reserve the right to ban any hydra we feel like banning.

An option is to put it on ignore.

This issue of handles and other references with religious overtones is a tricky one. Possibly we should ban such handles but if so then I think that also goes for sigfiles or avatars with "religious" messages (and then where do you draw the line?)

Oepty
29-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Barry and Kevin. Thankyou for considering my objection to the username. Although I wish you are come to a different conclusion on the matter you both wrote long explainations and I can see what you are saying. Keep up the good work.
Scott

EDIT: I have no idea whose hydra the acccount God is and at the time when Dion had the user name Bruce Dickinson I had no idea who Bruce Dinkinson was, didn't know until it was stated in the post. However it has been pleasing to see Hobbes is as intelligent in real life as he portrayed in the comics.

Garrett
29-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Keep up the good work.

Yes I think they do a pretty good job too. Good work guys :clap:

cheers Garrett.

Rincewind
29-04-2011, 07:24 PM
On behalf of all the moderators, thanks Scott and Garrett for the vote of confidence.

Basil
29-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Yes, a well moderated board. Carry on!

Garvinator
03-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Is there someone in authority between skip and the admins on this board?

Rincewind
03-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Is there someone in authority between skip and the admins on this board?

I tend to be the main interface between the board and Skip. This is not a formal arrangement - just the way it seems to work out. I've never dealt with an intermediate party. Why do you ask?

Oepty
22-05-2011, 04:37 PM
I have not been in favour of permanently banning AC but I am changing my mind.

Kaitlin
23-05-2011, 08:02 PM
I think if AC annoys you the best thing to do is just ingore and not reply to what he puts. Because he is never going to stop trying to annoy you by putting hes opinion. I don't support him being ban and think the matter should be resolved by attrition. :)

Oepty
23-05-2011, 08:48 PM
I think if AC annoys you the best thing to do is just ingore and not reply to what he puts. Because he is never going to stop trying to annoy you by putting hes opinion. I don't support him being ban and think the matter should be resolved by attrition. :)

I am now ignoring AC.

Garvinator
24-05-2011, 12:56 AM
I have not been in favour of permanently banning AC but I am changing my mind.Welcome to the dark side :) I know I have a few fellow supporters and they are growing.

I think the admins are the most responsible though. They keep indulging him and giving him weak as piss bans, seemingly more for appearance sake than real punishment. I think some of the suspensions have become more of a joke than anything else.

They even think it is a bit of a running joke to start announcing when he is returning. I do not see the humour at all. The sooner he is permanently banned, the better.

He has had way more than enough chances and his presence affects the whole board because some posters do not participate in threads, or make comments, because AC might decide, or will decide, to start posting on that thread and then the thread becomes a complete waste of time and effort very quickly.

Kevin Bonham
24-05-2011, 01:04 AM
He has had way more than enough chances and his presence affects the whole board because some posters do not participate in threads, or make comments, because AC might decide, or will decide, to start posting on that thread and then the thread becomes a complete waste of time and effort very quickly.

If this is true then there will be multiple posters whose posting rates increase significantly when AC is banned for substantial periods.

This is a testable hypothesis, so which posters do you think display this pattern?

ER
20-06-2011, 02:26 PM
what's this business of blocking enjoyable and popular threads just because the resident frustrated moron decides to crap their nonsense there?

Hobbes
20-06-2011, 03:20 PM
what's this business of blocking enjoyable and popular threads just because the resident frustrated moron decides to crap their nonsense there?

What'chu talkin' 'bout Willis?

ER
20-06-2011, 03:42 PM
What'chu talkin' 'bout Willis?

good response on hearing part of your name! Now back to your kennel and wait your turn!

antichrist
20-06-2011, 04:55 PM

KB
Indeed I have just acted as AC's research assistant. Of the 296 threads he has started (or been credited as starting following a split) these are the ones I have permanently locked:

Nazi Germany - Blood on hands
Locked because it had drifted into another AC anti-Israel rant thread and he had too many of those already. Last post not deleted.

Yet another Israel-Palestine thread
Locked because AC made a personal genetic slur against another poster. Last post containing said slur deleted. The only post I had made on the thread was a moderation warning that I would lock it immediately if it got out of hand, which I did.

Ibrahim family vs Moran family
Locked because AC used it for irrelevant off-topic rants about moderation and it was a crap thread anyway. Last post not deleted.

Women's Liberation
Locked for excessive stupid dribble. Last post not deleted.

All men are rapists ...
Locked because of silly off-topic post made several months after the last post on the thread (which was a dubious thread pretext anyway). Last post deleted.

ACCF Gems
Locked because AC continually dragged rubbish from ACCF to troll and start fights after being warned the thread would be locked if he did so. Last post (a drag of rubbish by firegoat attacking all and sundry here) deleted.

Hypocracy
Locked for unnecessary thread proliferation. Last post not deleted.

Apology
Locked by mutual agreement.

Can Members Attend Meetings NSWCA?
Locked due to legal complaint. Several posts deleted.

Should Royal Brides Be Virgins?
Locked because AC bumped it with stupid posts in poor taste many months after last post. Bumping posts deleted.

BB Personality of the Year 2004
Locked for pointless thread proliferation. Last post not deleted.

Bill Gletsos's Resolution
I'm not sure who locked this one but it was clearly for stupidity. Last post not deleted.

In none of the above cases was I involved in back-and-forth debate with AC on that thread at the time it was locked.

There was a case in the Coffee Lounge recently where I temporarily locked a thread where I had been debating AC because he was deliberately posting off-topic to bump his own thread. That thread was reopened a few days ago but will be permanently locked if there is any further posting of content I even remotely suspect of being posted for thread-bumping purposes.

Jak, I can understand your frustration at such top threads being locked, it is an occupational hazzard for me.

Kevin Bonham
20-06-2011, 05:18 PM

In this instance the thread I temporarily locked was one started by antichrist and which had only 12 posts, 8 of them by antichrist crapping his frustrated moronic nonsense. Not aware of any lockings of threads that were actually popular. Note that it was not the popular What They Said & What They Meant that was locked but an antichrist clone of it.

antichrist
20-06-2011, 05:30 PM
In this instance the thread I temporarily locked was one started by antichrist and which had only 12 posts, 8 of them by antichrist crapping his frustrated moronic nonsense. Not aware of any lockings of threads that were actually popular. Note that it was not the popular What They Said & What They Meant that was locked but an antichrist clone of it.

KB
Well my clone received 30.82 views per post and the original received 31.07, i.e., .25 of 1 view extra, you just called that one correctly.

And considering the original is quite older it would have received more visits by those automatic bots things, so mine probably had more genuine viewers

What Jak meant to say was " said do you speaka my language - he just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

Kevin Bonham
20-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Views per time would be a better indicator of popularity than views per post when one of the threads has so few posts. Yours has 341 views in a month while the other one has had 1740 views in two months 13 days. Rather too big a difference to be explained by bots.

antichrist
20-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Views per time would be a better indicator of popularity than views per post when one of the threads has so few posts. Yours has 341 views in a month while the other one has had 1740 views in two months 13 days. Rather too big a difference to be explained by bots.

You have done stats and I have not, it suits my purpose to average out how many views per post of course and the clone wins due to less bots. Just two different ways of looking at the same picture.

The line about bots was the only reason why the original had more views per post than the clone. The clone being non chess of course it won't be popular as the chess one. One does not have to be Einstein or his dumb cousin to work that one out.

Rincewind
20-06-2011, 06:43 PM
One does not have to be Einstein...

This phrase is an interesting one. There was this mathematician (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotthold_Eisenstein) with a very similar name. I might start using the expression "You don't have to be Eisenstein to figure out..." and see if it goes viral. :lol:

antichrist
20-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Anyway I am just thrilled to be boot laces that JAK found my threads enjoyable and popular - I used to be number one of his posters to read once upon a time

ER
20-06-2011, 07:55 PM
This phrase is an interesting one. There was this mathematician (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotthold_Eisenstein) with a very similar name. I might start using the expression "You don't have to be Eisenstein to figure out..." and see if it goes viral. :lol:

Que Viva Mexico?

Rincewind
20-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Que Viva Mexico?

Different Eisenstein (Sergei not Gotthold).

ER
20-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Different Eisenstein (Sergei not Gotthold).

ok we' re getting somewhere! :P

ER
21-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Note that it was not the popular What They Said & What They Meant that was locked but an antichrist clone of it.
oh ok :clap: I thought it was the one started by Grant which I love reading! Block the living crap out of the other monkey see monkey do monstrosity!

Oepty
05-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Can the second post in The Anti-Christ Appreciation Society thread be deleted for being off topic?
Scott

antichrist
15-07-2011, 06:09 PM
I have been receiving triumphant private messages, is this allowed?

Rincewind
15-07-2011, 06:31 PM
I have been receiving triumphant private messages, is this allowed?

If you are being harassed by someone via PM then reply to that person asking them to refrain from PMing you. If they continue to PM you after your request not to then you can report them to a moderator.

Garvinator
19-07-2011, 09:06 PM
The Aus Champs 2012 thread is now heading into talk about how the 40 move time control is meant to be set, which I rcall already has a thread dedicated to it.

Could this new discussion please be moved to that thread as the 40 move discussion is not specific to the Aus Champs 2012 event, and so is a bit off topic?

[agreed and done -mod]

antichrist
28-07-2011, 10:26 PM
WHAT THEY SAID:

"Canterbury Summer Swiss

There has been some toing and froing since a combined preferred format was pro-posed by the presidents of the Melbourne and Box Hill Chess clubs. This proposal was approved by the Box Hill Chess club committee but did not meet the seal by the MCC committee. Therefore it was decided that each club would go its own way."

(Box Hill and Canterbury Chess News 2011.29 - volume 3, issue 29)

WHAT WE THINK THEY MEANT:

"We hijacked the traditional timeslot of an event run by another club (MCC), then we agreed to run a joint event with them but decided that we wanted to hog it all and run every single round at our venue. Of course we knew that MCC would not agree to this and now there are 2 events, so we might as well put out this propaganda to make it look like MCC are the unreasonable party here - its worth a try, even though nobody believes us anyway..."

AC
when I brought a bit of inter-club fun over here from Dark Side the thread was barred for a fortnight????

Kevin Bonham
28-07-2011, 10:28 PM
AC
when I brought a bit of inter-club fun over here from Dark Side the thread was barred for a fortnight????

Among the doubtless many other differences, he's not bringing it from over there. He is quoting from the Box Hill newsletter about an issue that has been discussed on both forums.