PDA

View Full Version : Nigel Short to enter chess politics

Brian_Jones
04-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Nigel Short quote from recent Chessbase article. (This could easily apply to ACF as well as ECF):

"If elected, I intend to uphold the fine English traditions of secrecy, uncommunicativeness, obduracy, ignorance and utter contempt for the interests of those whose livelihoods I will affect by my vote. And I shall exhibit a gargantuan appetite for junketting my raison d'etre. As to why I have decided to enter chess politics: suffice it say that I am not entirely satisfied that the interests of English Chess are best represented by our current Delegate."

ChessGuru
04-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Nigel Short quote from recent Chessbase article. (This could easily apply to ACF as well as ECF):

"If elected, I intend to uphold the fine English traditions of secrecy, uncommunicativeness, obduracy, ignorance and utter contempt for the interests of those whose livelihoods I will affect by my vote. And I shall exhibit a gargantuan appetite for junketting my raison d'etre.

Thanks Brian for posting this -- now we have a benchmark for which to aim once I'm elected to Chess Victoria.

Kevin Bonham
04-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Nigel Short is such a troll.

aransandraseg
04-09-2009, 08:24 PM
I get it.Ha. Thats funny.:D Wait, he's satiring chess organisers right?
Well it's not like they're getting paid.:hmm:
That really doesn't make sense. It's not as if chess organisers have nothing better to do.

Miranda
04-09-2009, 08:44 PM
At least Short's honest!

David: Now you have a benchmardk to aim to if you get elected to CV ;)

Denis_Jessop
04-09-2009, 09:49 PM
The ironic aspect of this is that Nigel Short has already been the President of the Commonwealth Chess Association but without any especial distinction of which I am aware.

DJ

Bill Gletsos
04-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Actually the quote Brian posted above needs to be taken in context with regards the question Short was actually responding to which was:

"You are standing for the post of FIDE Delegate in the forthcoming ECF elections. What made you decide to enter chess politics, and what are your intentions in case you win?"