PDA

View Full Version : One day tournaments,

aransandraseg
02-09-2009, 12:38 PM
I want to know all the upcoming one - day tournaments.

If you know of/ are organising one, post info here.

peteryang
05-09-2009, 04:04 PM
well theres always the jcl ones that come up every holidays...also you can check out the sydney academy of chess website they have inner west one day challenges and so on...

Nicholas D-C
05-09-2009, 05:57 PM
There are no other one-day tournaments that I've heard of. Occasionally there are some rapid tournaments, but there haven't been any for a while.

Bill Gletsos
05-09-2009, 07:50 PM
I want to know all the upcoming one - day tournaments.

If you know of/ are organising one, post info here.You can check them out on the NSWJCL website at www.nswjcl.org.

If you are a NSWJCL member you will find them listed in the NSWJCL magazine.

aransandraseg
05-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Isn't there any adult one - dayers. I like one-day or two-day tournaments. I hate the idea of going every other day to play one-round in a tournament. It sounds bothersome. :(

Grant Szuveges
05-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Im assuming you live in Sydney, but if you are ever in Melbourne, please come along to the Melbourne Chess Club for the allegro - its on every Saturday at 2pm.

cadd1ct
05-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Thats the thing about melbourne ... one tournament EVERY week despite that it is an allegro :P

aransandraseg
05-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Okay thats it. Chess associations are locationist [discriminate people based on location]. Another reason to sue the goverment. Muhahahahahahaha.
Any lawyers? C'mon, stand up for the civil rights of Chess juniors in Sydney who being unfairly discriminated on. Let's throw out this stupid constitution. Richard G-H for king.

Alana
05-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Thats the thing about melbourne ... one tournament EVERY week despite that it is an allegro :P

hehe ACT has the same thing - 7 round tournament from 11am on Saturdays...

but if you want to improve 1 or 2 day tournaments wont help much. So clubs (though only having 1 round a night) are much betterer

aransandraseg
05-09-2009, 11:32 PM
It is physically impossible for me to sit down at a table playing chess for more than one hour without making remarks about the discrimination of colour between white and black chess pieces.

Just kidding. I believe long matches are important but my parents don't really have the time to drop me off every so often. They seem to have the opinion that two tournaments in the holidays are enough. It's strange cause my dad actually used to play lots of chess. :(

SHump
16-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Note that the Ranges chess club holds 5 one day events throughout the year. See post http://://www.chesschat.org/showpost.php?p=253414&postcount=8 for the latest post.

Next event is Sunday 15th November 11am to 4.30pm at the Ferntree Gully Library.