PDA

View Full Version : Blue Cards for Child Related Activities

Allan Menham
09-08-2009, 11:06 AM
There is a requirement in Queensland that a blue card is required for persons engaged in any related activities for children. I would appreciate any comments on how far this requirement is implemented by Clubs. Does it mean that at any club night or at any club tournament where children are involved, all persons attending from supervisors to adult players must have a card.? I just wonder on the legal requirements

Spiny Norman
10-08-2009, 05:58 AM
Similar requirement here in VIC, with a "Working With Children" card. I used to have a little to do with QLD regulations, but that was a couple of years ago and I cannot trust my memory. At Croydon we have a policy (see our website: www.croydonchess.com) which requires all:
-- committee members;
-- coaches; and
-- anyone else working regularly with the kids

to have a WWC check done. There are also guidelines for behaviour in/around the club when the kids program is running (again, see our website for ideas), especially in respect to physical contact, appropriate language, etc.

Capablanca-Fan
10-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Similar requirement here in VIC, with a "Working With Children" card. I used to have a little to do with QLD regulations, but that was a couple of years ago and I cannot trust my memory. At Croydon we have a policy (see our website: www.croydonchess.com) which requires all:
-- committee members;
-- coaches; and
-- anyone else working regularly with the kids

to have a WWC check done. There are also guidelines for behaviour in/around the club when the kids program is running (again, see our website for ideas), especially in respect to physical contact, appropriate language, etc.
I believe that our Logan club members who regularly coach kids (John Surridge, Oleg Korenevsky) also have the Blue Card. I also have one from my work.

Desmond
10-08-2009, 09:04 AM
There is a requirement in Queensland that a blue card is required for persons engaged in any related activities for children. I would appreciate any comments on how far this requirement is implemented by Clubs. Does it mean that at any club night or at any club tournament where children are involved, all persons attending from supervisors to adult players must have a card.? I just wonder on the legal requirements
The Commission gives guidelines (http://www.ccypcg.qld.gov.au/employment/bluecard/categories.html). Clearly adult players would not be required to have a blue card. Volunteers are.