PDA

View Full Version : Beating the International Masters

BearDrinkingBeer
08-08-2009, 09:17 AM
I have started a new YouTube series called Beating the International Masters (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=BD0F79EB85D1F319). This is a continuation of my earlier series Beating the Grandmasters (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A83689129668FDE4). I analyse my own games; the first video features a game I played against Mirko Rujevic in Elwood, 2006.

samantha
02-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Hey Beer Beer,if you have only beaten Grandmasters ...on the internet,then as everyone knows that that means absolutely nothing.And you say you have beaten many (suggesting 10s to 100s) Intenational Masters name them all:evil: .Is that over the board or ...."on the internet".Have you even played in the Australian Championship.I think you are ahead of yourself!

Sally94
03-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Give him a break, his youtube videos arent meant to be that serious. He's just showing how anyone could beat up a GM or an IM if they believed it. I reckon thats a pretty good message for anyone to take on board.

For the record, he is a really good player, one of the highest rated juniors in Australia and if he continued playing he would be a fantastic player, so he has the right to say whatever he likes.

ER
03-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Sally for President!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
BTW I am trying to dig out that game I beat MB, I was losing and then he blundered and lost! :P:P

aransandraseg
03-09-2009, 10:08 PM
I don't know that much about chess but I do know actions speak louder than words. if those really are IMs your beating well done. Otherwise, your a fraud.

Just kidding. Even if they aren't IMs I'm sure their very strong. :clap:

Kevin Bonham
03-09-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm sure they are real IMs but most of the wins are in 5 min blitz on ICC, which increases the chances. Nevertheless, BDB is not so far below IM strength himself.

Watto
04-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Give him a break, his youtube videos arent meant to be that serious. He's just showing how anyone could beat up a GM or an IM if they believed it. I reckon thats a pretty good message for anyone to take on board.

For the record, he is a really good player, one of the highest rated juniors in Australia and if he continued playing he would be a fantastic player, so he has the right to say whatever he likes.
Now that I've worked out who he is, I have to agree, he's a really talented player. Would be great to see him back playing in tournaments some day soon.

Sally94
04-09-2009, 11:05 AM
I remember the 2006 Elwood Championships. He won that tournament, finishing ahead of many GMs and IMs and other strong players including Daryl Johansen, Guy West, Stephen Solomon, Leonid Sandler, Mirko Rujevic, Jesse Sales and many others.

That list includes quite a few IMs.
:)

cadd1ct
04-09-2009, 09:32 PM
that's pretty good ;)

Mischa
04-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Zhigen was and I assume still is one of Australia's most talented juniors!!!

ER
04-09-2009, 11:01 PM
BTW I am trying to dig out that game I beat MB, I was losing and then he blundered and lost! :P:P
I don't think I am talking about the correct person here!
I thought more beer is a one eyed Melbourne Victory supporter in the 1600 range!
Yeah I was wrong I got confused with the beer thingy, apologies!

aransandraseg
05-09-2009, 10:50 AM
i watched the first video which was pretty good.:clap:

flushfyre
06-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Nice videos, even in internet chess you have to be pretty good to beat an IM or GM.

BearDrinkingBeer
06-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Hey Beer Beer,if you have only beaten Grandmasters ...on the internet,then as everyone knows that that means absolutely nothing.And you say you have beaten many (suggesting 10s to 100s) Intenational Masters name them all:evil: .Is that over the board or ...."on the internet".
I have not had the pleasure to defeat any GMs and very few IMs over the board, and I do make it clear that most of the games mentioned are played "on the internet". And perhaps it does mean "absolutely nothing" if I beat someone on ICC, but I never claimed that it means anything. I am merely trying to create entertaining videos to capture people's attention. And many of them are set up as puzzles, so they can also be used as training.

As for proving my games, I have added a way to check it on my YouTube Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/GeniusProphecy). You can find the complete games for everything that I have put up as videos (except for two OTB games).

I'm sure they are real IMs but most of the wins are in 5 min blitz on ICC, which increases the chances.
Yeah, I know it's not that difficult to beat titled players online, but I wanted to create a title to capture attention. One character trait that I hate is arrogance and I have tried to avoid it as much as possible in my videos (despite the title of the series suggesting otherwise).

Capablanca-Fan
07-09-2009, 08:29 AM
BDB v GM Arkell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBppn378hMY&feature=PlayList&p=A83689129668FDE4&index=1):

1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 3.Nd2 dxe4 4.Nxe4 Nd7 5.Ng5 Ngf6 6.Bd3 Nb6 7.N1f3 Bg4 8.O-O h6? 9.Nxf7 Bxf3? [9... Kxf7 10.Ne5+ Kg8 11.Nxg4 with an extra P and winning position, since 11... Qxd4 loses Q to 12. Bh7+] 10. Bg6!! {The point, threatening 11. Ne5# as well as taking the Q or R with discovered check. Zwischenzug would be proud} 10... Qd5 11.Nxh8+ Kd7 12.Qxf3 with an extra R since White's N can escape. 1-0 in a few moves.

I don't know why the game board stops after 4.Nxe4 :(

Kevin Bonham
07-09-2009, 12:36 PM
I don't know why the game board stops after 4.Nxe4 :(

Me neither and I've tried all kinds of things to edit your post so that it works. Not sure what the problem is (something caused by line breaks or spaces maybe? just guessing here) but by copying it into Fritz then back out again I was able to fix it:

1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 3.Nd2 dxe4 4.Nxe4 Nd7 5.Ng5 Ngf6 6.Bd3 Nb6 7.N1f3 Bg4 8.0-0 h6? 9.Nxf7 Bxf3? [9...Kxf7 10.Ne5+ Kg8 11.Nxg4 with an extra P and a winning position, since 11...Qxd4 loses Q to 12.Bh7+] 10.Bg6!! {The point, threatening 11. Ne5# as well as taking the Q or R with discovered check. Zwischenzug would be proud} 10...Qd5 11.Nxh8+ Kd7 12.Qxf3 with an extra R since White's N can escape. 1-0 in a few moves.

Capablanca-Fan
07-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Me neither and I've tried all kinds of things to edit your post so that it works. Not sure what the problem is (something caused by line breaks or spaces maybe? just guessing here) but by copying it into Fritz then back out again I was able to fix it:
Much obliged! :clap:

ER
07-09-2009, 09:48 PM
...Not sure what the problem is (something caused by line breaks or spaces maybe? just guessing here) but by copying it into Fritz then back out again I was able to fix it

Cheat!!!:P: :owned:

Rincewind
07-09-2009, 10:30 PM

There was some weird unprintable character immediately after the FIRST NON-working move (Nd7). If you position the cursor there are press the right arrow you will see after the first right arrow, the cursor will not move (it is stepping over the unprintable character) then pressing the right arrow again you will go over the space.

Alternatively cutting the game and pasting into Notepad causes the unprintable character to show up as a little rectangle.

The character seems to be encoded as hex(EF) which is supposed to be lowercase "i" with an umlaut. Deleting the unprintable character fixes the problem.