PDA

View Full Version : upcoming MCC Transfer Tournament!!!

Grant Szuveges
21-07-2009, 06:36 PM
TRANSFER TOURNAMENT

When? Sunday September 20th, at 1pm-6pm

Where? Melbourne Chess Club, 66 Leicester St. Fitzroy, 3065

Time controls? 10 minutes per team per game

Format? 11 round Swiss, 2 players per team.

Entry fees? $20 per team if one player is an MCC member, $30 per team if both players are non-members.

Prizes? 70% of entry fees collected

Further questions? Call Grant Szuveges, 0401-925-075

ER
22-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Now this is going to be a thriller!
Have you ever seen BHCC juniors playing Transfer?
I am staying there agape by their imagination in constructing all those positions out of the blue and in no time!
Trevor rejects the whole transfer motion because it is "simply no chess" but I have seen him looking at positions with an amazement at least equal to mine!
Now, I know that MCC juniors are good in lighting but in transfer???? Will Frank, Ari, Simon and co be able to match it with the BHCC transfer vultures like Sally, Thomas, Nicholas etc??? I doubt it!
Let's wait and see!
After all there is a lot of friendly interaction b/n juniors of the above mentioned Clubs.
However, what will happened over the board is another story. Certainly no place for the faint harted! :P

Lekko
22-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Now this is going to be a thriller!
Have you ever seen BHCC juniors playing Transfer?
I am staying there agape by their imagination in constructing all those positions out of the blue and in no time!
Trevor rejects the whole transfer motion because it is "simply no chess" but I have seen him looking at positions with an amazement at least equal to mine!
Now, I know that MCC juniors are good in lighting but in transfer???? Will Frank, Ari, Simon and co be able to match it with the BHCC transfer vultures like Sally, Thomas, Nicholas etc??? I doubt it!
Let's wait and see!
After all there is a lot of friendly interaction b/n juniors of the above mentioned Clubs.
However, what will happened over the board is another story. Certainly no place for the faint harted! :P
You know that Simon plays transfer too? >_>

ER
22-07-2009, 11:04 PM
You know that Simon plays transfer too? >_>

I think I mentioned it

Will Frank, Ari, Simon and co

the mega question is would you guys be able to beat the other mob? :P

Lekko
22-07-2009, 11:29 PM
I think I mentioned it

the mega question is would you guys be able to beat the other mob? :P
Hehe you know we will ;) I need to find someone to team up with first...

ER
22-07-2009, 11:33 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmm I shall wait and see!
FRANK? have you planned for your next Monday's game??? Pardon the caps I just remembered :)

Lekko
22-07-2009, 11:43 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmm I shall wait and see!
FRANK? have you planned for your next Monday's game??? Pardon the caps I just remembered :)
It seems he plays e4? So I'll just play as I normally would :)
How about you?

ER
23-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Luckily for me this coming Monday I have day off :) So no excuses if I lose ;)

ER
23-07-2009, 12:15 AM
ooooooooooooops this is the transfer thread!!!! sorry!!!

Grant Szuveges
23-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Good to see that there is some interest in this transfer tournament already. I encourage ALL juniors and adults to come and play in this event - from all of the clubs. Remember, 70% of entry fees will be payed out in prizemoney.... Im imagining that most of the players will be kids, but adults are certainly welcome to play also.

Ive got no idea how well any of the MCC kids play transfer, but I know that they do play it. Nick Speck runs a few transfer tournaments each year and they are very very popular. Good to see that it is popular at Box Hill too.

If people want to register early, just call me on 0401-925-075 or send me a message on this site, with the following:
1. names of both players
2. Team name (very important)

Maybe JAK and Heartbreak Kid could form a team called Heartbreak Knight!?

Grant Szuveges
23-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Oh, one more thing. If people want to play but dont have a team-mate, just register and we can match you up with someone else in the same boat.

ER
23-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Maybe JAK and Heartbreak Kid could form a team called Heartbreak Knight!?
hmmm what's the alternative? Justakid??? yuck I don't like it! ok Grant's option accepted!
lol I love to see
Bill Gletsos teamed up with Arrogant One :P
Kevin Bonham teamed up with David Baumont :wall:
David Flude teamed up with Elie Beranjia :D
Michael Baron teamed up with Brian Jones :rolleyes:
and Antichrist teamed up with Jono ;)
playing transfer! :clap:

Kevin Bonham
23-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Not even firegoat should have to ever suffer being teamed with my appalling transfer skills.

that Caesar guy
23-07-2009, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't mind playing, if I could find a partner...
If anyone else is interested...

JM

Grant Szuveges
24-07-2009, 09:41 PM
James

It wont be hard to find you a partner. Im sure there will be people lining up to be your teammate. Is yours a confirmed entry?

PS. Congratulations on the IM title - I forgot to congratulate you at MCC the other night.

cadd1ct
24-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Awww?... what? what is this... umm maybe NSWCA can run a transfer tournament to raise cash for SIO?? :eek: :owned: or maybe just for fun.. you guys are lucky :D good luck everyone :P Man I'm tempted to come down and play transfer :D

Grant Szuveges
11-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Hi Everyone

Only 9 days to go until the transfer tournament is on!!! I urge all players (both adults and juniors) to support this event so that it can become a regular annual event on the Victorian chess calander

Grant Szuveges
14-09-2009, 08:05 PM
We already have 7 teams registered for the transfer tournament. If you would like to register early, please email me at grantszuveges@gmail.com

Grant Szuveges
16-09-2009, 07:48 PM
hi everyone

The following teams have already registered for the tournament:

1. Ari DALE and Simon KARUMBI
2. Finley DALE and Jack PUCCINI
3. Laurence MATHESON and Zacharey LOH
4. Grant SZUVEGES and Sarah ANTON
5. Elizabeth WARREN and James MACAULAY
6. Ascaro PECORI and Rafael PECORI
7. James MORRIS and Michael ADDAMO

Hopefully we can attract 20 teams to this event, so please get your entries in early or turn up on the day.

Grant Szuveges
20-09-2009, 04:14 PM
The MCC Transfer has been good fun. Only 8 teams turned up to play though and the action started in round one when Bosko Mijatovic, Milan Brkljac and Milan Ilic thought that we were playing normal chess!!! They were obviously very surprised when extra pieces started appearing on the board!!!! Being non-transfer players, they had to pull out and MCC player Elie Beranjia took the place of Milan Ilic who was Dima Lee's teammate. Elie has never played transfer before but fared well winning 2 games in his first ever transfer experience. The tournament was won by Laurence Matheson/Zachary Loh and James Morris/Michael Addamo. James and Michael were in the box seat going into the last round when Laurence and Zachary had the bye, but were beaten by myself and Sarah Anton. While we missed out on a prize, at least we got to help decide first prize! MCC juniors Ari Dale and Jack Puccini came third in the tournament after beating Simon Karumbi and Finley Dale in the final round.

10/12 Laurence MATHESON and Zachary LOH
10 James MORRIS and Michael ADDAMO
7 Ari DALE and Jack PUCCINI
6 Sarah ANTON and Grant SZUVEGES
6 Simon KARUMBI and Finley DALE
2 Dima LEE and Elie BERANJIA
1 James MACAULAY and Elizabeth WARREN

Since the event was small and finished fairly early, a 17 player round robin blitz is currently in progress with James Morris, Elie Beranjia and Simon Karumbi all on 3/3