PDA

View Full Version : SwissPerfect or Other

arosar
25-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Anyone know where/how I can get a copy and access codes for SP? We needs it for our new Pinoy chess club. If there are open source pairing programs that do basic job, then we can maybe use that too.

Cheers boys.

eclectic
25-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Anyone know where/how I can get a copy and access codes for SP? We needs it for our new Pinoy chess club. If there are open source pairing programs that do basic job, then we can maybe use that too.

Cheers boys.

i thought the acf had a general licence for it

bill would know the deal

Bill Gletsos
25-04-2009, 02:29 PM

Cheers boys.My understanding is that it works this way.

Download a copy from www.swissperfect.com.
It is fully functional for 30 days.
Meanwhile send an email to the author (copying the ACF treasurer Norm Greenwood) advising him of the name of the club and the need for a code.

The author should then send you the necessary code and bill the ACF for it.

Spiny Norman
25-04-2009, 04:13 PM
I've tried, but failed, to find the author's email address. The information in the Help file seems to be old and out of date (i.e. the OzEmail website doesn't exist, so presumably the author's email address attached to it doesn't either). If anyone happens to know the correct email address, could you PM it to me?

Denis_Jessop
25-04-2009, 04:42 PM
I note that there is a "contact us" link on the SP web site that should get you there I would think. What you receive is a user name (your chess club) and a password. I believe that the agreement with the ACF permits that arrangement to be used only by chess clubs and affiliated Associations and bodies, not by individuals so you will need to specify your club in your message.

DJ

Spiny Norman
25-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks Denis. I've lodged a message through the website now. Hopefully we can get this sorted out. I feel bad about not having done this properly in the first place, but then it slipped through the cracks and got forgotten until I suddenly realised when I noticed this thread!