PDA

View Full Version : MCC Ballroom Blitz this and every Friday!

ER
23-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Ballroom Blitz? What are they up to at MCC?
ok for an answer to this question, I will ask Grant Szuveges and I will keep you posted, by the way I will ask the Pres to reward those of you who answered successfully (or wittingly) enough with some sort of an award...meanwhile...
On the Friday evening the night before the weekender (Friday 24th), we will be holding the first session of our "Ballroom Blitz" blitz tournament. (5 minutes on the clock each).

It will be an 11 round swiss or a round robin depending on numbers.

And now for the BIG SURPRISE:

The winner of the first blitz event will receive a free entry into the ANZAC day event, along with prize money. Details of the prizes will come soon but the cost will be $5 for members and $10 for non-members.

Carl Gorka
25-04-2009, 06:43 PM
The inaugural Friday night blitz saw a small but strong field and a hard fought event. Besides some regulars, it was great to see Dimitry Partsi return to the club. And David Stimson’s result was more to do with the time control than the level of play, as he certainly should have beaten one of the winners. Six players battled out a double round robin. Final scores:

1. M. Baron 8.5/10
C. Gorka 8.5
3. D. Dragicevic 6.5
4. D. Partsi 4
5. B. Mijatovic 2.5
6. D. Stimson 0

The winners shared the spoils with 100% of this week’s entry going back to the players. A free entry to the ANZAC Day Weekender went to the highest placed player who could play, and that was Dimitry Partsi.

These tournaments will run every Friday night at the MCC and all players are welcome, with entries just $5 for MCC members and $10 for non members.

MichaelBaron
05-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Another Blitz tournament taking place on the coming Friday. Once again, it is going to be a strong field with a lot of friendly players! See you there!

ER
05-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Another Blitz tournament taking place on the coming Friday. Once again, it is going to be a strong field with a lot of friendly players! See you there!
Yes, I agree Michael, it shapes up as a very strong and popular feature at the Club!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: